Gdavis101
September 26th, 2009, 12:02
Nevermind.

Thanks

cheezyflier
September 26th, 2009, 12:47
Nevermind.

Thanks

well, as long as there's now a tree thread, can i use it if you're not gonna?

i set up a flight from mgtk guatemala to tinconton to try out and see if it's anything like the real thing. when the airport loads, there are trees in taxiways, in the runway, in the parking area. is it like this for everyone or just me? if so, how can i fix it?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/crjpic.jpg

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 13:02
Couple things will get rid of that. . . .lower your autogen settings (not the best solution) or with the use of a program like AFX or probably ADE (freeware) draw exclude boxes wherever this is a problem, save the AFCAD and reload, that should remove the pesky trees.

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 13:05
Well, it is the tropics and things grow real fast...

Ok, I just checked and yes, trees growing right through the pavement.

spotlope
September 26th, 2009, 13:52
The airport you're showing has no skirting. You can either do an exclude, or use SBuilderX to draw grass skirting around the aiport. That will eliminate the errant trees.

Reddog
September 26th, 2009, 13:58
Belive there are 2 airports down there like that and someone did a fix for them but it was a long time ago and don't remember when or who did it so I guess thats not much help.

IanP
September 26th, 2009, 14:11
Wouldn't take a couple of minutes to knock up reasonable flatten/excludes in ADE, as has already been said. Just open the default airport by ICAO code, then create a poly around it and set it as type AB_flatten_exclude_everything_you_possibly_can. Compile. Done. :)

MCDesigns
September 26th, 2009, 14:14
Here ya go, fixes the flatten and the autogen pokethru

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 15:58
Worked like a charm!:ernae:

Gdavis101
September 26th, 2009, 16:42
Is there a good freeware package that replaces the autogen trees for Europe?

MCDesigns
September 26th, 2009, 16:48
Is there a good freeware package that replaces the autogen trees for Europe?

Only ones I know of are these

http://secure.simmarket.com/samoshin-natural-world-trees-v2.phtml

NoNewMessages
September 26th, 2009, 17:15
Freeware. you might look at fsxtrees.zip at Flightsim by Adnan Arif. Plenty of preview pics. Trees are global in nature, so it might be difficylt to narrow down a certain area's set of trees.

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2009, 04:15
Here ya go, fixes the flatten and the autogen pokethru

thank you very much, but where do they go?

IanP
September 27th, 2009, 04:26
You should be able to drop them into \addon scenery\scenery, if they just contain .bgl files. That directory will already be activated so should pick them up immediately.

JoeW
September 27th, 2009, 08:14
Or ....... You can add some birds with Instant scenery. That will kill the autoget where they are placed.

cheezyflier
September 29th, 2009, 07:12
waaaahhhh:crybaby:
it didn't work for me!

well, i don't really go there much, thanks anyhow :wavey: