PDA

View Full Version : FSX...no world....

Sundog
September 25th, 2009, 15:41
Hi guys,
I re-installed FSX on my brothers PC, he has his own version, but when you go to fly in it there are two main problems, the first a HUGE [problem.

1) There isn't any world. Just sky. I have no idea what is going on with that. My brother had FSX installed before, so I'm thinking I have to find the FSX config file and redirect wherever it had the scenery before to where it is now?

2) WHen I load any of Tim Conrads planes, the view is from behind the cockpit. I should probably ask him about it, but as long as I'm here asking...

Anyway, thanks for any advice.

harleyman
September 25th, 2009, 16:02
LOL...You mean that it opens in just sky??? Just all sky?

On a laptop?

i would maybe just do a reinstall.

Or delete the FSX config and try again..

Never heard of this before..

Sundog
October 2nd, 2009, 09:48
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Yes, it was all sky. In fact, I let the aircraft dive to -21000 ft before I stopped. I was going to see if it would get to the center of the "earth/gravity well" and oscillate around, but I decided that would take too long. :D

Anyway, I un-installed and re-installed and everything seems to work fine now, except....

I don't see the Maule or the Goose as choices for aircraft to fly. Their folders are in the aircraft folder within the simobjects folder. They just don't show as flyable choices within the sim.

harleyman
October 2nd, 2009, 10:59
Hmmm..

Are you installing with antivirus running?

Did you reboot between installs and defragg ?

Something is running that seems to be corrupting files..

If you have to reinstall again...Go thru your program trees and delets any and all FSX entries...Also in Roaming if Vista