PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some cell phone recommendations...

Wittpilot
September 28th, 2008, 13:41
I've been with Cingular/ AT&T for forever now... and we just always resign our contract because you can't even come close to the package we get with anyone else...since its an old package that we just keep re-signing with... Anyway, another two years is up and its time for a new phone...I have always gotten an el-cheapo...but this time I was going to get something somewhat nice...

I was thinking of the LG-Vu...anybody have this? I can get it for $149 and then I can pay $30 a month for unlimited texting, internet, AND tv! it has their new tv network that you can play on it! Only thing is I have never had a touch screen before...

Anybody have any other recommendations??

thanks...

-witt

Ferry_vO
September 28th, 2008, 15:09
A Friend of mine has an LG touchscreen phone; he needs to carry it around in a custom made 'sock' because one tiny scratch on the screen will decrease the functionality of it.. Also needs a special pen to touch the screen with. I know the older LG models were not the best quality either; lots of complaints about those as well. I've had three Nokia's over the last five years (Two year contracts) and they all still work despite being in my pocket all day long.

Panther_99FS
September 28th, 2008, 16:07
Witt,
My iPhone has covers that protect the screen from scratches and yet you can still use it at the same time.

I would *think* that the same covers exist for the LG....

Wittpilot
September 28th, 2008, 16:46
Panther,
Yeah, they do indeed have the covers too.... my wife got a Pantech Duo and already bought some covers so I'm clear there... I think I might just go and do it... I mean I just don't think I like any other phone available right now. I'm not big into sliders and all that stuff...and to be honest, I probably do not NEED a phone that can do all that...but I am making it my Christmas gift to myself I suppose... I hate spending money...hate it...

-witt...

Wittpilot
September 28th, 2008, 16:48
Here's a photo

Panther_99FS
September 28th, 2008, 17:06
Looks nice! :applause:

Wittpilot
September 28th, 2008, 17:19
Looks nice! :applause:

thats what I am afraid of..... "looks nice" but does it "work" and "last" nice......I figure I am going to get a bluetooth set with it so I won't be holding it up to my extrememly overly oily skin too much.... I will probably make my decision tomorrow.... I just don't see anything else I couldn't live w/o...

-witt