PDA

View Full Version : FlightSim Developers P-38 on final

Tim_FSD
September 25th, 2009, 10:09
We invite you to visit the P-38 page for some new details and screenshots. We anticipate release right around October 1.

There will also be a demo version available.

http://www.fsd-international.com/images/P38/RedBull_ext1.jpg

gajit
September 25th, 2009, 10:11
Cant wait for this one - card is at the ready:jump:

Anneke
September 25th, 2009, 10:15
Very nice! Could someone from Milvis/FSD post some screenies from the modern era VC pit. There's only one at the promo site but that one doesn't look too impressive. Whereas the wartime pits look great!

gajit
September 25th, 2009, 10:54
I agree Anneke

cheezyflier
September 25th, 2009, 11:29
nice! that cirrus vlj looks interesting also :applause:

CBris
September 25th, 2009, 11:40
Not bad, not bad...

That Red Bull texture looks like it could do with more alpha priority on the shine. If you look at the RW plane it has a strong mirror finish. Maybe the mdl needs the alpha channel active?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 25th, 2009, 11:57
The pics of the modern pit were taken during development, pre bake and before the panel was finished, the baked white interior was delivered by Kevin yesterday and the panel has a number of new elements as well at this point , all the annunciator lights and autopilot systems , oil level and hydraulic fluid gauges , by the end of the weekend it should be " photogenic " .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

deimos256
September 25th, 2009, 12:01
oct 1 is perfect since i get paid on the 2nd!

Tim_FSD
September 25th, 2009, 12:42
Very nice! Could someone from Milvis/FSD post some screenies from the modern era VC pit. There's only one at the promo site but that one doesn't look too impressive. Whereas the wartime pits look great!

The restored cockpit is still work in progress, but it is coming along. There is still more to add to it before its ready for prime time. Likely I will have more pics by the end of the weekend.

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 07:35
Wow! It looks great!

I bet this will bring my computer to it's knees.

Gibbage
September 26th, 2009, 08:19
Wow! It looks great!

I bet this will bring my computer to it's knees.

We are trying to find that nice happy place between system grinding detail, and performance. So far I think we have! The aircraft has a lot of details but most of them are hidden when flying, like landing gear and gunbay so help performance. We also have a great deal of optimizations in it.

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 09:38
Sounds good. How about flight modeling and engine management? Will it be as real as it gets, sort of AccuSim like?

MudMarine
September 26th, 2009, 09:41
Standing by with my pilots manual waiting for Oct. 1st!!:applause:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 26th, 2009, 10:08
Sounds good. How about flight modeling and engine management? Will it be as real as it gets, sort of AccuSim like?

David C. Copley has done a masterful job on the FDE as he had for his series of P38's in FS9 and used his recordings of a real P38 for the sounds as well.
Engine management has been included with sound and effects that simulate the kind of failures that were associated with this aircraft insofar as it had a tendency to overheat when War emergency Power was used and could be cooled down to restore function.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It was developed to be tolerant of pilot error and to be used by all skill levels without the use of base level and addon formats to have full functionality.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 10:29
I spent a fair amount of time in David's P-38 for FS9 and it was great. I guess I'll start saving my money for this one for FSX.

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 10:43
The answer. . . .

It was developed to be tolerant of pilot error and to be used by all skill levels without the use of base level and addon formats to have full functionality.<o:p>
The translation. . . .no, lol.
</o:p>

boxcar
September 26th, 2009, 14:15
Am oh-so-ready for this FSX fighter. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-025.gif Flew David's a lot back in my ACOF days. This is so cool.

Thanks for the peek, Tim.. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-090.gif <--- Tim's latest shrunken head

Thanks for the explanations, Chuck. :cowboy: <--- Kinda looks like you, man

Please pass my fond regards to Steve, guys. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-011.gif Keeping an eye out for more screenshots...

crashaz
September 26th, 2009, 16:47
Yep my first flight will be a two four flight in RTW mode to see how far I can get... then have it end in bad visibility on approach. Figure I might as well get used to it now lol.

May be a horse I want to use on those hops.