PDA

View Full Version : I have £45.54 burning a hole in my pocket...

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 06:47
I would really like to get a decent flight sim add on, but don't know what to get?? I'm into vintage stuff....

anatolpopov
September 25th, 2009, 06:55
Do you have already a2a Cub?

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 07:01
No...iIve just been looking at the videos and it looks fab....but I'm also slightly in favour of getting the Warbirdsim P-51...Tis any good? I will probably get the cub.

SpaceWeevil
September 25th, 2009, 07:01
I'll suggest the Classics Hangar FW190 or the Vertigo (RealFlight) F6F Hellcat. Or both, just about!

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 07:02
I have the Realflight Hellcat already, but the FW190 sounds tempting...

Kiwikat
September 25th, 2009, 07:13
Get the Cub! :monkies:

djscoo
September 25th, 2009, 07:23
See: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=23233

Then get the cub.

Z-PurpleBubble
September 25th, 2009, 07:30
You're young, go for speed man! Classics Hangar FW190!!!

Moreover, Classics Hangar is fairly new on the scene and deserves support from whoever can afford their stuff!!

And if you like blazing guns, there's a freeware effects pack for it available on the well known sites (nonodes etc...)

falcon409
September 25th, 2009, 07:56
You're young, go for speed man! Classics Hangar FW190!!!
Yep, I agree, I purchased the Cub and don't even fly it. . . .wayyyyy too slow. Go for something you'll use and unless you like extremely slow and low, you won't use the Cub.

spotlope
September 25th, 2009, 07:58
I guess I'm slower than most. The Cub's been pretty much all I've flown since I got it. No :running: for me.

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 08:09
aaahhh so many choises...

JIMJAM
September 25th, 2009, 08:11
A2A accusim P47-P-51-BF 109-377. Cannot go wrong with any of those.
If you like the ultralight trike you may like the Cub. Otherwise its painfully sloooooooooow unless you like pattern work. Thank god for slewing.
Then there is the Aero L-39.
Yeah, prop go with the P-47 Accusim or if you want a larger prop get the 377.
Jet. Get the Albatros. All are sure winners.

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 08:14
So fr I have,
A2A= P-51, spitfire, Me109, B-17, p-40 accusim p-47 and corsair.
Realair Spitfire, Real flight Hellcat, and sky unlmited hurricane.

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 08:25
I've got the cub..downloading now. Thanks for your suggestions.

falcon409
September 25th, 2009, 08:44
ooooook, hope ya like it.

Kiwikat
September 25th, 2009, 09:19
If you like the ultralight trike you may like the Cub. Otherwise its painfully sloooooooooow unless you like pattern work. Thank god for slewing.

The Cub feels much less slow when you're flying over excellent scenery like the ORBX products for example. I think it is going to push me over the edge to get Tongass very soon...

I'm having an absolute blast flying it in the Back Country Services VA. Anyone here who flies it regularly should check it out. It isn't a multiplayer thing, so those who don't like multiplayer don't have to worry about that. It is simply a VA based on the VAFS program.

Z-PurpleBubble
September 25th, 2009, 10:27
I've got the cub..downloading now. Thanks for your suggestions.

Young Rowdy, if you still have some £ left, save up and consider the Focke-Wulf, a lot of people (and designers) will agree with me that it is quite an addon for a very very reasonable price.

And errrr.... Buy European and save a job!!! :bump:

I'll :running: now, before I get into trouble...

JIMJAM
September 25th, 2009, 10:35
My first 50 hrs in real life were in a Cub. I flew it from Kcub in Columbia to Ksav somewhere around 130 miles. Middle of the summer,dodging thunderstorms,95,humid,tons of bugs. There were times I wasnt moving forward and being sucked towards the storms.In real life its pure,raw flying.Stick and rudder at its best but like you said, you really need nice scenery with lots of autogen. I feel the same way when flying helis.
I also have been wanting Tongass and think I am going to buy it this weekend.I really wore out the fs9 version. I have all but given up on FS cargo for FSX.
Enjoy the Cub. As much as I love scaring the hell out of female passengers,I would like to expand on the passenger idea and have a male, maybe a observer with binoculars.

Zorg_DK
September 25th, 2009, 11:33
The photoreal terrain that comes with Orbx's payware airports is heaven for the Cub! I love it :D

harleyman
September 25th, 2009, 12:01
Young Rowdy, if you still have some £ left, save up and consider the Focke-Wulf, a lot of people (and designers) will agree with me that it is quite an addon for a very very reasonable price.

And errrr.... Buy European and save a job!!! :bump:

I'll :running: now, before I get into trouble...

Agreed...its a beautiful addon....:ernae:

spotlope
September 25th, 2009, 12:05
The Cub feels much less slow when you're flying over excellent scenery like the ORBX products for example. I think it is going to push me over the edge to get Tongass very soon...

I'm having an absolute blast flying it in the Back Country Services VA. Anyone here who flies it regularly should check it out. It isn't a multiplayer thing, so those who don't like multiplayer don't have to worry about that. It is simply a VA based on the VAFS program.

Yep, I just put a blurb about BCS in my regular Fanboy Fridays blog post this morning - http://iblueyonder.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/fanboy-friday-rides-again/ . Loads of fun.

JIMJAM
September 25th, 2009, 12:37
I finally broke down and got Tongassx. Wow. Simply amazing visuals :)
Then on the first flight after landing,I hit esc to pause it. Then when I tried to continue the flight. Hard crash requiring a reboot. :banghead:
I will fool with it later after supper.
I7,6 gigs,vista 64,gig 4870 card.

spotlope
September 25th, 2009, 12:41
I finally broke down and got Tongassx. Wow. Simply amazing visuals :)
Then on the first flight after landing,I hit esc to pause it. Then when I tried to continue the flight. Hard crash requiring a reboot. :banghead:
I will fool with it later after supper.
I7,6 gigs,vista 64,gig 4870 card.

Hmm, I've not heard of that problem with Tongass before. If it continues, please post to our support forum (http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewforum.php?f=30) and one of us will get you fixed up.

letsgetrowdy
September 25th, 2009, 13:26
Thanks for the advice guys, apprieciate it. The cub is a real joy to fly and Is so real to look...

MCDesigns
September 25th, 2009, 13:51
Thanks for the advice guys, apprieciate it. The cub is a real joy to fly and Is so real to look...

You got accusim with it also, didn't you? It makes the experience!

huub vink
September 25th, 2009, 15:57
letsgetrowdy, the Focke-Wulf would have been the best addition to your warbird collection. And believe me I know what I'm talking about :d

You had the choice between 65 and 1,700 hp and you have chosen to spend you money on 65 :isadizzy:. Well some people like to be modest ;)

Of course I'm biased, but nevertheless........

Cheers,
Huub

letsgetrowdy
September 26th, 2009, 01:30
Oh well as tempting as the Focke-wulf was, I had to settle for accusim. Although I'm still looking at Classic Hangar's site longingly....

VFR Reviews
September 26th, 2009, 05:39
I guess I'm slower than most. The Cub's been pretty much all I've flown since I got it. No :running: for me.

It would be the same with me if it weren't for that darned Albatros :ernae:

Matt Wynn
September 26th, 2009, 06:29
"Albatross, Albatross"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_u7VGiMO0U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_u7VGiMO0U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sorry i just couldn't resist :icon_lol:

anyways, the cub will treat you right just take care of her :ernae:

letsgetrowdy
September 26th, 2009, 08:13
Hahahaha....
Love monty Python.

huub vink
September 26th, 2009, 10:11
Oh well as tempting as the Focke-wulf was, I had to settle for accusim. Although I'm still looking at Classic Hangar's site longingly....

Accusim, who want Accusim? It causes wear to your engine, it causes malfunctioning of your aircraft and you have to have maintenance performed on your aircraft because of it.

What's wrong with a healthy, well auto-maintained engine :d. I guess you all love it when you have to bring your car to the garage.......

Now I have to :running:, before people start to take this serious ;) :d

Enjoy your Cub Rowdy! But remember to purchase the Butcherbird next time ;)

Huub

BTW the one below is free and very nice as well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Kingfisher_RAAF2.jpg

peter12213
September 27th, 2009, 03:10
Yeah or the Hawker Hero's package!

Tweek
September 27th, 2009, 03:20
If you're into Accusim, then perhaps the Aerosoft Hughes H-1B might interest you? Not a warbird, but still vintage, as you specified at the start. You get a real sense of achievement if you get this one flying, with everything running as it should. In fact I'm yet to land the damn thing without crashing...

I think it's just about within your budget, still.