PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X-52 Pro

harrybasset
September 24th, 2009, 23:27
I have recently bought a SX-52 Pro, I did this with much trepidation as I had serious problems with an earlier purchase of a Saitek Yoke and Throttle. The main problem with my X-52 Pro is an uncommanded right rudder deflection when I advance the throttle to 100%. Reducing to 75% throttle restores rudder control to me via twist. On the test screen this shows up as a white box for throttle, x and y rotations and slider. As the throttle box goes to 75% red the rotations and slider jump to about 70% red and stay at that the throttle is closed. When the throttle is over 75% the rotations and slider will only increase to 100% or back down to 70% in response to their own controls. Has anyone dealt with similar problems with their own X-52?

OleBoy
September 24th, 2009, 23:55
To me it sounds like a glitch that's causing it to spike. Have you went into the calibration settings so you could physically see what's going on?

That's the only thing I can think of :kilroy:

NAMBUS
September 25th, 2009, 00:03
Hi Harry,

I had a problem last week with my X-52 giving uncommanded right rudder input.
I honestly don't know if it is anything like what you are experiencing and I am using Saitek rudder pedals for rudder input but you just never know.
It was kicking the rudder to the right in flight and on the ground (clearly visible in external view) and generally driving me crazy.
What I discovered was that I had at some point prior to flight accidentally nudged the round thumb wheel under the throttle handle a few degrees round to the right.
It controls rudder trim and I think it is set up as that function by default as when I was programing control assignments it was already functioning that way out of the box.
Moving it gently back to the center solved the problem immediately.
On the whole I must say that it has proved to be a fine stick since I got it a couple of years ago.

All the best of luck.

Z-claudius24
September 25th, 2009, 03:56
Hi,

I have recently bought a SX-52 Pro, I did this with much trepidation as I had serious problems with an earlier purchase of a Saitek Yoke and Throttle. The main problem

If all (sliders - rotation knobs) are centered before test and you have the phenomena you describe .. the solution is:
Return to shop (must be a default)
X52 Pro don't have a manual calibration processe.
X52 Pro don't have a sensitivity setting processe.
X52 Pro driver software allow only the settings of dead zones and intensity of the leds illumination and some settings for the time zones.
The only thing is a auto calibration each time you start your PC (HOTAS plugged in of course)
I use it from ages and never problems.

harrybasset
September 25th, 2009, 07:55
I'm even more confused now. I tried it on my other computer which had no flight sims installed and the test page showed the same problems. I then installed the FSX Demo which came with my X-52 package and the Beech 58 and Learjet flew without any uncommanded control movements. Saitek Tech Support say return it to my supplier but I will check my main FS2004 and FSX settings carefully first.

Tom Clayton
September 25th, 2009, 08:01
Make sure the PS2 jumper cable between both halves is tight on each end. One of mine came loose the other day and was causing all sorts of strange behaviors. Once the connections were pushed back in, it returned to normal.

T Square
September 25th, 2009, 08:10
I have an X52 also, I don't have this problem but do have a question. Does anyone have a profile for FS2004 in the .PRO format instead of the .DAT format ? Mine doesn't recognize the .DAT format. With my old X45 I found it a lot easier to upload a profile and make adjustments as I go rather then start from scratch.