PDA

View Full Version : Flanders Flooded with Rhumba's Watermask

Grinseed
September 24th, 2009, 21:26
G'day all,

Starting with a fresh copy of CFS2 I 've loaded Rhumbaflappy's DEM4km,LOD5s,LOD7s and DEM8s (with the two corrected files from mediafire) and then Simonu's WW1 terrain(ie with Stiz's world graphics).

I'm pretty sure I've added them correctly,they all seem to work well together with my Flanders Roads project. For example, the roads I've mapped from Google Earth that lead to the town of Cassel actually meet on a sizable hill north of Hazebrouck, just where the town should be, at the correct coordinates, very nice.

However when I add Rhumba's Watermasks, the coastline from Calais to Zeebrugge turns into a sort of archipelago extending miles inland (see attached).
I have used Rami's guide to add the files (thanks for the guide Rami, hope you get over your dental work quick and easy), but whereas his instructions continue on with loading Sanders de Cocq's terrain, I only have need of Rhumba's meshes and masks.
(As Sander de Cocq said himself, his otherwise excellent terrain is probably too industrialised, to accurately portray the landscape of the early 1940s, I've found it more so for 1914-18, working with British Ordnance maps from the period - fewer towns & much less development.)

Anyway if anyone else has experienced the 'Flanders Archipelago', I wonder if there might be a remedy?

I can proceed without Rumba's watermasks but he has included a lot of useful water features, lakes and resevoirs etc in their correct locations (ie like the resevoirs on the Scheldt north and northwest of Cambrai) and I would like to make use of them if I can.

Cheers Grinseed

Grinseed
September 26th, 2009, 14:34
Let me put it another way.
Is anyone using Rhumbaflappy's Watermask getting the effects shown in the pic I supplied?

Rami
September 27th, 2009, 08:48
Grinseed,

This is one of the consequences of using Rhumbaflappy's mesh and watermasks alone. I could do that as well, but areas like Azeville (near Cherbourg) and other French coastal regions have similar problems.

It's kind of a 'Catch 22,' unfortunately.

Grinseed
September 27th, 2009, 15:07
Rami, hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I'm being dull here, but you are saying that Rhumba's watermasks wont work without Sander de Cocq's terrain?

The DEMS and LODS seem to work fine, on their own. Yesterday I created Roucourt and so far the ridge seperating it from Erchin seems to be in the correct place, I will know better today when I build Erchin.

Thanks again.