PDA

View Full Version : 20 Series Lear jets released

MCDesigns
September 24th, 2009, 13:16
Looks nice, looking for feedback from any users.

http://www.xtremeprototypes.com/en/shopnews.asp?type=09-24-2009

hinch
September 24th, 2009, 13:25
They look neat, not too many computers there.

Slug Flyer
September 24th, 2009, 13:36
I've always liked the original Baby Lears. Wish there was a freighter model. Cockpit looks a little cartoonish, but OK. All the other screens look very solid. Can't justify the $40 pricetag, though...and it's the same price for the download or the CD???

Major points deduction also for not including the original Learjet 23.

ryanbatc
September 24th, 2009, 13:46
Cockpit looks a little cartoonish, but OK. .

That is what I noticed as well.... exterior looks well done, but the VC looks like FS98 imho

Hopefully F1 will come through with their Lear

Slug Flyer
September 24th, 2009, 13:53
That is what I noticed as well.... exterior looks well done, but the VC looks like FS98 imho

Hopefully F1 will come through with their Lear

Um...did interiors exist in FS98? I honestly can't remember.

ryanbatc
September 24th, 2009, 13:56
Um...did interiors exist in FS98? I honestly can't remember.

lol I don't think so but the VC looks like an FS98 2D panel

Slug Flyer
September 24th, 2009, 14:01
lol I don't think so but the VC looks like an FS98 2D panel

OK. Yeah, good call, you're right.

Gibbage
September 24th, 2009, 14:11
Can anyone even get the screen shots to even load? I cant.

But I can assure you the cockpit is quality. Same guy who did the fantastic P-38 cockpit did the Lear. Also the external. I wonder who that was..... :kilroy:

Spilot69
September 24th, 2009, 14:45
these have much better pictures and looks quite nice.

http://20series.xtremeprototypes.com/en/gallery.asp

and video up as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efGh7caVqnQ&feature=player_embedded

pbearsailor
September 24th, 2009, 14:49
But I can assure you the cockpit is quality. Same guy who did the fantastic P-38 cockpit did the Lear. Also the external. I wonder who that was..... :kilroy:

If that is the case, I probably will be buying it. I like that guy's work. I'm glad he posted. :ernae:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Gibbage
September 24th, 2009, 15:01
Outstanding video! I like the music in it. I looked up the band and im playing it now. I wish I could make a video that good for the P-38. Makes my attempt look poor.

Im just happy to see the Lear in the skies. :applause:

Lionheart
September 24th, 2009, 15:33
Dang, that is one hot video!

Dang...

Nice looking birds! I have wanted a 3 window Lear for ages. Glad someone finally made one.

EDIT: I wish they had a FS9 version... arrgh...

Bill

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 24th, 2009, 16:45
Congratulations on the release Miguel , Karim , always good to see fellow Montreallers getting their birds in the air , hope to see you boys again soon .

pbearsailor
September 24th, 2009, 17:49
It's pretty nice. I'm having AA issues with my vid card, so I'll not post any screenshots, but I like the panel pretty well and the exterior model is just beautiful.

Lots of functional switches on the panel, nice old radios including an H-14 autopilot that I hated so much in RL. I've not flown a real one, but the flight model seems very good and it was cruising at FL410 at mach .83 with the power levers back just a touch. 5000 fpm rate of climb down low. :applause:

Couple of little glitches: click on the left yoke to hide and the right one goes away (and right hides the left), cabin pressure doesn't seem to show cabin differential, and it's quite hard to read the annunciator panel indications when lit up. Nothing major, though, that I saw.

One of my King Air jobs shared a hangar with a company that had a Lear 25. I sat in it once and I had to hold my head at an angle to keep from hitting the side window. I liked my King Air better. :icon_lol: Those guys said it was a time machine, since you got in it and closed the door and in an hour or two you were a long way away. It was a fuel critical plane too as they had to be pretty sure they were going to get into their destination ok since once they left FL410 and started down, they were never going to have enough fuel to get back up there. And it really sucked the fuel down low. :isadizzy:

cheers,

BOOM
September 24th, 2009, 18:03
Wow!! I've been waiting for a quality Lear! I'm very interested!!

Lionheart
September 24th, 2009, 19:53
It was a fuel critical plane too as they had to be pretty sure they were going to get into their destination ok since once they left FL410 and started down, they were never going to have enough fuel to get back up there. And it really sucked the fuel down low. :isadizzy:

cheers,

Ive heard stories like that from a Lear driver. I think theirs was a 28. They could do performance climbouts, (if granted by ATC), straight to FL400 and go from Wisconsin to Miami in no time flat.

Must be nice....

"OK Chewie... The NAV computer is synched. Hit it!"

Bill

pbearsailor
September 24th, 2009, 20:13
go from Wisconsin to Miami in no time flat.

We did that trip a little lower (FL330 in a C-441) and it took us a little longer. Biggest problem on that run in the winter time is that you leave all bundled up from getting the airplane ready in the cold and then shed clothes all the way to Florida or you about pass out when you open the door in the heat. We had more room in our cockpit for getting out of extra clothes than the Lear guys did too. :d

cheers,

Anneke
September 25th, 2009, 00:31
Are they not allowed to just call it Lear instead of

"The Xtreme Prototypes 20 Series for Flight Simulator X is inspired from a series of aircraft known in the 1970's as the Gates Learjet 24, 25 and 28"

Lenny
September 25th, 2009, 06:04
(although being from Belgium), I have an great interest in the swiss airforce and its military fleet. I know the Swiss uses type 35 Lears, but if someone overhere could paint one of the extreme Lears into an Swiss air force example....you will gain a god-status :icon_lol:

Z-PurpleBubble
September 25th, 2009, 07:35
(although being from Belgium), I have an great interest in the swiss airforce and its military fleet. I know the Swiss uses type 35 Lears, but if someone overhere could paint one of the extreme Lears into an Swiss air force example....you will gain a god-status :icon_lol:

Lenny,

NATO TIGERS, HARD TO BE HUMBLE!!! Go 31 Sqn!!!!!

Lenny
September 25th, 2009, 07:42
Lenny,

TIGER...TIGER...TIGER!!!!! , back to topic now ;-)

doublecool
September 26th, 2009, 04:02
It's pretty nice. I'm having AA issues with my vid card, so I'll not post any screenshots, but I like the panel pretty well and the exterior model is just beautiful.

Lots of functional switches on the panel, nice old radios including an H-14 autopilot that I hated so much in RL. I've not flown a real one, but the flight model seems very good and it was cruising at FL410 at mach .83 with the power levers back just a touch. 5000 fpm rate of climb down low. :applause:

Couple of little glitches: click on the left yoke to hide and the right one goes away (and right hides the left), cabin pressure doesn't seem to show cabin differential, and it's quite hard to read the annunciator panel indications when lit up. Nothing major, though, that I saw.

One of my King Air jobs shared a hangar with a company that had a Lear 25. I sat in it once and I had to hold my head at an angle to keep from hitting the side window. I liked my King Air better. :icon_lol: Those guys said it was a time machine, since you got in it and closed the door and in an hour or two you were a long way away. It was a fuel critical plane too as they had to be pretty sure they were going to get into their destination ok since once they left FL410 and started down, they were never going to have enough fuel to get back up there. And it really sucked the fuel down low. :isadizzy:

cheers,

Steve, thank you and well said :ernae:

I got her also and very much like what was produced, show room floor black VC's are different...not bad mind you just different
one with some wear and tear, scratches can show some depth and break up the purity

Still, to me she a beauty...very pleasing to the eye...and deserving of a sticky

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 06:53
. . . . .Can't justify the $40 pricetag, though...and it's the same price for the download or the CD???
Yep, same here. . . .I'm not all that "Lear savy", so to me a lear is a lear is a lear, lol. Over the years, with every freeware jet sound being aliased to the Lear, I've grown ill from the sound, lol. The pricetag did it for me though. . .the combination of a Lear (any Lear) and a price above $20 bucks and I just keep on walking, lol.

gajit
September 26th, 2009, 07:06
Hi Guys - can anyone tell me if the VC has some reflection or texture in the windows - I hate VCs that look like the glass is missing.

BOOM
September 26th, 2009, 07:56
Just to add to what gajit is asking,Is thier any reflection/sun glare on the glass gauges? Also the VC color/texture reminds me of the Iris F-16D and F-14,would anyone who has both or all three products agree with that?
Thanks

Txmmy83
September 26th, 2009, 10:12
nice looking biz jet but the price tag is a bit high
if I had the money for this I would purchase

BR
Tom

gajit
September 26th, 2009, 11:28
Oh Dear - I have bought it and I would be disappointed with it even if it were half the price.

I have seen better freeware VCs - the texturing is horrible. Looks like they have furry carpet on the cockpit surrounds, no glazing and many of the knobs and switches look untextured in daylight. No wonder many of the screenshots are taken at dusk.

Im so disappointed. It looked much better on the promos.

gajit
September 26th, 2009, 11:59
Discovered an innovation - to remove the left yoke you click the right yoke - and vice versa :applause:

The exteriour model is quite good but there is not one real world paint scheme supplied.

BOOM
September 26th, 2009, 16:11
Ahhh Bummer!!I really wanted to like this jet,but looking @ the VC screens I had some doubts,Thanks gajit for the info!

Lenny
September 27th, 2009, 00:22
for more in depth information : -> http://20series.xtremeprototypes.com/en/pdf/XP_20_Series_Manual_EN_DEMO.pdf

Pepere
September 27th, 2009, 05:59
Oh Dear - I have bought it and I would be disappointed with it even if it were half the price.

I have seen better freeware VCs - the texturing is horrible. Looks like they have furry carpet on the cockpit surrounds, no glazing and many of the knobs and switches look untextured in daylight. No wonder many of the screenshots are taken at dusk.

Im so disappointed. It looked much better on the promos.

Ya - when VC screen shots are done in the dark I kind-a wonder what the problem is. It's like the connie no real textures in the VC - so will not purchase... Wonder why it's so hard to make good VC?

David

gajit
September 27th, 2009, 06:30
I guess we get spoilt with so many good VCs - your a wise man Pepere!!:ernae:

Warrant
September 27th, 2009, 09:15
Lenny,

LOL:ernae:

Had some excellent two weeks there, next year with us!

Orange ops out :wiggle:

That 20 series looks great. Any animated passenger in the cabin?

mohawk3
September 27th, 2009, 10:04
The VC have reflections but it's not the"shiny type".I guess this is from the textures side.All instruments are 3D and the glare will be visible for sure if you keep the cockpit lighting OFF.
The exterior model is very good, the down side is that there are no real world textures- here some repaints will be welcome.

doublecool
September 28th, 2009, 08:19
VC shots

no VC lighting
Just gauge lighting
gauge and dome lighting
sun on panel
no sun on panel

really just various VC screen shots

due to upload limits I follow up with some more to night

They did not due what I wanted...I'll reload tonight sorry

pbearsailor
September 28th, 2009, 08:48
I still agree on the VC issues, but I do like the plane. Speeds are just what they should be as it climb rate. They never were the easiest airplanes to fly. Exterior model is beautiful (heck--it's an early Lear), and even inside, the switches are all really nicely done. It just looks flat.

I emailed the developers about it, they don't seem to agree with me, but they did respond quickly and specific to all the points I made. Maybe if the rest of you that have the plane drop them an email about the VC, they'll do some work on it.

BTW, the opposite yoke hiding deal that Gajit and I both noticed is done that way, they say, because the yoke is on a column, so a spot to click wouldn't work as well as having one always visible (to allow clicking on it, to bring the other one back up).

cheers,

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 13:06
I must admit I'm in two minds as whether to buy this, personally i think the Vc quality looks a bit iffy if you know what i mean, I think I'll wait and see more shots and future repaints before I make my mind up!

doublecool
October 1st, 2009, 15:59
OK outside Shots

doublecool
October 1st, 2009, 16:00
How do I a few post Large screen shots? of the VC

gajit
October 1st, 2009, 22:52
Yep - outside will be great with some real world repaints but the VC is just lame in the texturing and finish. At least it has great frame rates but I just hate being in that cockpit with its open air windows and fluffy cabin.

doublecool
October 2nd, 2009, 02:52
Couple more

BOOM
October 4th, 2009, 05:30
Yep - outside will be great with some real world repaints but the VC is just lame in the texturing and finish. At least it has great frame rates but I just hate being in that cockpit with its open air windows and fluffy cabin.

Once you'ved been exposed to the F1 Cessna Mustang cockpit I think it's very hard to accept anything less in the Biz jet class,I'm spoiled and jaded now!:icon_lol:

doublecool
October 4th, 2009, 06:05
and...

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2009, 06:26
Once you'ved been exposed to the F1 Cessna Mustang cockpit I think it's very hard to accept anything less in the Biz jet class,I'm spoiled and jaded now!:icon_lol:

That can be said for any addon (or life for that matter). Once we (myself included) are exposed to a certain quality/style/visual we like, it's hard to accept anything less after that. The problem with that is we tend to hold other developers accountable for it, which isn't fair since they all have their own levels of skill and expertise.

Thanks for the shots doublecool, I want this, but I know I can't justify the price with how little I know I'd fly it.

joanvalley
October 4th, 2009, 07:33
I must say that I'm very disappointed with this product, I bought it yesterday and my first impression is that I'll never fly it again unless some serious updates are made. First, the VC, it does look cartoonist needing better texturing. The sounds, simply awful and I'm not asking for FSX sounds front/back/inside type of thing, just better ones. The outside texturing also lacks some accuracy.

The good news is that this package has potential, a gorgeous 3d exterior model and more or less FDE. I'd recommend the devs to work on improving the texturing over all (outside, VC), make a new better sound set (or if any can point me in the right direction will be much appreciated...) and I'd be happy with the $40 bucks spent.

It has potential that's undeniable.

Jose.

gajit
October 4th, 2009, 09:31
I agree with you Jose 100%

doublecool
October 4th, 2009, 09:54
Well I posted VC shots to try to give a little bit better inside screen shots

I don't usually spend this amount with out reading, looking and watching first
but this aircraft is a favorite

I do like it...

I don't love it....but I could

But...as mentioned I hope a patch with some repaints and some updated VC textures. I would be very please

here are the last few VC shots I took. I tried to give different looks to help

BOOM
October 5th, 2009, 07:12
Thanks for the screens Doublecool,It's great to hear the jet has potential,I think we need a high quality Lear in FSX,I'll keep my eye open for any updates.

Michael,I agree with you to an extent that we all have our own likes/dislikes of styles and quality,but if a developer is lacking in their level of skill and expertise I really don't think they should charge $40 which I feel is a high quality price for an aircraft with a VC that in my opinion is lacking quality.

Lionheart
October 5th, 2009, 09:58
It looks like it would be easy enough to add some realistic texturing to that panel.

One of the things that makes the SibWings planes look so overwhelmingly awesome is the texturing. The panels look so darn real, its not funny. Not everyone has access to painting and painters though.

It is great that someone finally did these. I love the old Lears.

I agree with you Michael. They are at one level, and we are kind of used to another level.

As for pricing, every group sort of has to 'find' a niche that works with their quality, the market, and the economy. $75.00 to $20.00, England, Germany, America.. So many markets and quality levels to consider when setting up your price on a product line.

Bill

Slug Flyer
October 5th, 2009, 10:03
It would be sweet if someone would do "HD" cockpit mods for these models like the ones for the (excellent in their original state) Carenado 182 and Mooney available at OzX.