PDA

View Full Version : New Marine Corps Commercial

rayrey10
September 24th, 2009, 07:01
Pretty nice commercial. The Marine Corps has definitely stepped up it's recruiting effort. I remember when they would air that chess game commercial for a couple years before they'd put out a new one. Semper Fi!

http://www.marines.com/main/index/new_marines_commercial

Railrunner130
September 24th, 2009, 07:22
The taps are an awesome touch.

At first, I thought you might have meant this-
http://www.rleeermey.com/soundclips.php
Top selection.

OBIO
September 24th, 2009, 07:38
I like this commercial much better than some of the older ones. This one shows what it really takes to become a Marine...much better than showing a guy fighting a flaming lava demon with a magical sword. Sure that commercial is really cool, but does not really show what a recruit needs to achieve in order to become a life long member of a cadre of Soldiers and Brothers.

OBIO

MudMarine
September 24th, 2009, 07:53
OH-RAH!!:USA-flag: Love the yellow foot prints. Been there, done that!:icon_lol: I'm very fortunate to be in touch with a lot of "young" Marines. And I'm proud to see them holding up the great traditions of our beloved Corps!:ernae:

As a side note: MudMarine finally, after 20+ years, has made it into Leatherneck Magazine! My ugly mug is proudly displayed on page 56 of this Sept. magazine. I can now rest in peace!

cheezyflier
September 24th, 2009, 10:16
very cool vid. nice post :applause:

As a side note: MudMarine finally, after 20+ years, has made it into Leatherneck Magazine! My ugly mug is proudly displayed on page 56 of this Sept. magazine. I can now rest in peace!

dude - when one achieves a milestone such as yours, it's compulsory to post pics. congratulations! :medals::icon29::applause:

MudMarine
September 24th, 2009, 10:19
very cool vid. nice post :applause:

dude - when one achieves a milestone such as yours, it's compulsory to post pics. congratulations! :medals::icon29::applause:

Unfortunately I don't even have the magazine. A friend was showing it to me and I said "Hey look, that's me". I'll have to find the issue somewhere and post the pictures.

Craig Taylor
September 25th, 2009, 18:26
I always liked this poster...

djscoo
September 25th, 2009, 18:35
Unfortunately I don't even have the magazine. A friend was showing it to me and I said "Hey look, that's me". I'll have to find the issue somewhere and post the pictures.

http://www.leatherneckmagazine-digital.com/leatherneckmagazine/200909/

You can download a .pdf of the sept. issue.

rayrey10
September 25th, 2009, 21:12
http://www.leatherneckmagazine-digital.com/leatherneckmagazine/200909/

You can download a .pdf of the sept. issue.

Thanx! Didn't know you could download it for free.

... As a side note: MudMarine finally, after 20+ years, has made it into Leatherneck Magazine! My ugly mug is proudly displayed on page 56 of this Sept. magazine. I can now rest in peace!

Hey Devil Dog, where you at?

MudMarine
September 26th, 2009, 05:10
Not in that picture, my mistake, page 57 I'm the second from the right in the front row of Marines. I got the LAST issue of Leatherneck yesterday at Borders bookstore!! Just have to get it copied.

The Marine on the left is GySgt. Thomas Williams (ret). He's the director of the USMCHistoricalCompany (USMCHC). Without question he is the foremost authority on Marine Corps history in the world. I've know him for seven years and there isn't ANYTHING he doesn't know about the Corps. He truely should be one of our legendary Marines, up there with Chesty in my humble opinion!!

The Marine with the sleg hammer is Maj. Chris Bopp (soon to be LtCol). He's a highly decorated combat commander with three combat tours under his belt. Two in Afganistan and one in Iraq. He's a graduate of the USNA and one the the best officers I've ever met; believe me I don't much care for zero's but he's a Marines Marine! He's the type of leader that when he says take that hill it get DONE!

It's been an honor to serve with such Marines again! It's very important that we let the public know what our beloved Corps has given for the love of our nation! I'm humbled to be a very small part of that!

Anyone near Harpers Ferry VW between Oct 10-16th stop by the park and help us celebrate the 150th anniv. of John Brown Raid and the Marine Corps capture of the dirtbag. I promise you'll learn MANY things you never knew about Brown and the Corps! Semper Fi:USA-flag:

rayrey10
September 26th, 2009, 19:48
Mud,
That's pretty cool. I'd love to be involved in something like that but unfortunately I just don't have the time, and there's no historical site that I'm aware of in South Florida. History is very important in the Marine Corps, it fuels the pride and esprit de corps felt by all Marines. Awesome!

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2009, 20:11
:medals:....

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2009, 04:05
very cool!:applause:

Crusader
September 27th, 2009, 05:17
Semper Fi ! Mud ,

Rich (USMC 65-69):medals:

strikehawk
September 27th, 2009, 10:02
My son is currently a Marine at Camp Lejune. He was afraid to tell me or his grandfather that he joined because we both are retired Navy. Not true, he's my families pride and joy and even my dad had a Marine bumper sticker on his car, along with the various Navy ones too.

Right now my grandson is talking about joining either the Navy or Marines, but seeing he has another 10 years to go he has time enough to make up his mind. There has been at least one Sailor or Marine from my family serving the country continuously since 1938 or 39. I'm happy to see that the kid may keep this tradition alive.