PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Forceware 190.00 WHQL release

hey_moe
September 24th, 2009, 01:50
Nvidia released the newest 190.00 series WHQL drivers for XP.Vista and Window 7...for bothe 32 and 64 bit. New info :
New in Release 191.00:
<LI VSQFT="2">Adds support for OpenGL 3.1 <LI VSQFT="2">Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA for more details. <LI VSQFT="2">Includes several new control panel features. Accelerates performance in workstation applications.
Workstation application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
Existing Support: Go here for DL >> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Cazzie
September 24th, 2009, 08:26
Moe, I cannot get anything to work in the NVIDIA Control Panel or nHancer with the new 190.62 drivers. I keep getting two window's boxes, one stated that it cannot read nvapps.xml in System32 and another than it cannot find data in nvapps.xml in App. Data. Both files are in their proper folders and I cannot imagine why it cannot read them. Of well, gonna back down to 190.38 drivers, which worked, until NVIDIA works out the kinks, this has happened before.

Caz

hey_moe
September 24th, 2009, 14:35
I didn't have those problems when I installed them....did ya try and reinstall nHancer...I am using that program too in FSX.

Cazzie
September 24th, 2009, 14:51
I didn't have those problems when I installed them....did ya try and reinstall nHancer...I am using that program too in FSX.

Sure did Mike and got the same two windows. For the record, I rolled back to the 190.38 drivers too and got the same error messages, it's been that kind of day.

Know any cure for it?

Caz

hey_moe
September 25th, 2009, 01:22
Caz did you use any kind of a driver cleaner in safe mode? I also found after removing the program if you click your C drive and look into the program folder the program you removed still has bits and pieces in there, look for that folder in the program area in the C/ folder file also there is some left in your registry. Look in here >> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=304979

Cazzie
September 25th, 2009, 13:39
No, I did not use any Driver Cleaner Mike, just the standard uninstall from the Windows Uninstall menu, I never use a program's uninstall feature, always uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

I did look in both Program Files (one for 64-bit and (x86) for 32 bit) to see if remanants remained, also checked the Registry, none there. Did a clean install and still get the message. I am speaking of nHancer, not the drivers.

On those I always uninstall the old driver set and reinstall the new one. It is time consuming, but I have heard it is best to do it this way.

Leaving to see a HS football game in the cool mist.

Caz

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 06:43
Uninstalling old video drivers by relying upon the Windows removal routine will usually leave fragments of the old driver on the disc. This will often lead to problems with new drivers. I highly recommend using DriverCleaner Pro in Windows Safe Mode to fully and completely remove drivers. Also, there are currently two versions of nHancer, one for drivers numbered below 182.50 and one for drivers numbered 182.50 and above.

Butcherbird17
September 26th, 2009, 07:02
For the error with nHancer and 190.xx drivers use the beta in this thread..
http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?t=1086

Joe