about the flu and i have no insurance
i decided to get one at my local wallgreens
$25.00 well i survived:engel016:
figured an ounce of prevention etc etc
time will tell
H

Fibber
September 23rd, 2009, 12:33
Word to the wise here. I recently inquired of my doctor on a flu shot. He told me to wait a few weeks on it. It seems that the shots being given out now are based on last years strain and may be worthless. They are just using up what is left. The new serum supposedly comes out next week. He had the serum just told me to wait.
The swine flu shot is another story. READ up on it and make your own decisions. I for one won't take it , as it can cause Wilkes-Barre and has some known carcinogenic components (according to medical information I have read) .

Willy
September 23rd, 2009, 12:42
The last time I took a flu shot I stayed sick all winter. Nothing major, just under the weather for weeks. Normally I've been healthy as a horse ever since I got over the Hong Kong flu in '68. That one liked to have killed me. I'm undecided on the Swine flu so far.

Navy Chief
September 23rd, 2009, 12:52
Thanks for the reminder. My doc's office said they were expecting supplies of the flu shot to arrive around now. Need to call them.

NC

Wulf190
September 23rd, 2009, 12:53
The last time I took a flu shot I stayed sick all winter. Nothing major, just under the weather for weeks. Normally I've been healthy as a horse ever since I got over the Hong Kong flu in '68. That one liked to have killed me. I'm undecided on the Swine flu so far.

Here Here. I got a flu shot once when I was a kid (7), I was out of order for weeks. I haven't gotten one since and the worst I have ever gotten is a nasty head cold.

Henry
September 23rd, 2009, 13:01
Word to the wise here. I recently inquired of my doctor on a flu shot. He told me to wait a few weeks on it. It seems that the shots being given out now are based on last years strain and may be worthless. They are just using up what is left. The new serum supposedly comes out next week. He had the serum just told me to wait.
The swine flu shot is another story. READ up on it and make your own decisions. I for one won't take it , as it can cause Wilkes-Barre and has some known carcinogenic components (according to medical information I have read) .
yup thats what my wifes doc told her

normaly i dont get sick either
but trying a little maintenance
mind you the wife was sick yesterday went to the Docs
and she has "the Crud"
now i do not know if there is a cure:kilroy:
Maybe i should be a Doc
H

Chacha
September 23rd, 2009, 13:07
Here Here. I got a flu shot once when I was a kid (7), I was out of order for weeks. I haven't gotten one since and the worst I have ever gotten is a nasty head cold.

My daughter and I get flu shots every year, she is now 8, I got flu once and I wasn't as miserable as before without the flue shots. The flu took me down for 3 days max, unlike without flu shots, it took me down like a week or more!

So this flu shot season, I am heading to get one!

Thanks for reminding Henry!

strikehawk
September 23rd, 2009, 17:48
I got mine Monday, at work, for free. See I work at the county's medical center and I am all over the hospital in my daily duties, I'm one of the Storekeepers and have to deliver supplies to the various departments. As of Tuesday the county's Chief medical officer declared that we are now at the beginning of the pandemic. I wont even go into how fast the departments are over ordering gowns,masks and such. I also, as a supervisor, have to assess the personnel in my shop if anyone calls or comes in sick. They are asked four questions, each question has points assigned, 2 are for 2 points, 2 are for one point. If a persons answers score 4 or more points they're out for seven days or a doctor clears them.

While my personal view is that it's much ado about nothing, I have a couple of imuno-compromised family members so for there sake I'm taking this seriously.

Cloud9Gal
September 23rd, 2009, 17:56
No flu shots of any kind for me! I have always been very healthy! Yes, I consider myself blessed in many ways.
Health is the most important thing to have. Without it, you don't get very far!
I have a very strong immune system, I rarely get a cold, flu, or even the occasional bug-as a child, I have never had chicken pox, measles, mumps, tonsilitis,etc. Even when both my sister and brother had chicken pox, I never got infected.
As I said, I am blessed! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/expressive/huge.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

aeronca1
September 23rd, 2009, 18:39

Same here. Every time I've taken a flu shot, I've been sick most of the winter. The years I didn't, no problemo.... Maybe I've just been lucky, but none for me any more, thank you.

Piglet
September 23rd, 2009, 19:01
Sure would be ironic if I died of Swine flu......

Cloud9Gal
September 23rd, 2009, 19:10

I could not stop myself from busting out laughing with this one.....yeah, it sure would be!!! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/laughing.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

PeteHam
September 23rd, 2009, 19:32

Don't do this ............ :icon_lol:

Pete.

Piglet
September 23rd, 2009, 19:56
Can't believe that little brat kid gave us germs!! Snort!!