H

Chacha
September 23rd, 2009, 10:07
but this is cool:applause:
4OZq-tlJTrU
actually i do like star wars
H

Great clip....

I love StarWars, I have a collection of them.....

But, I am not much into sci-fi either....

...That hit is one in a million!!

Lionheart
September 23rd, 2009, 10:33
lolololol.....

That was brilliant.

I love the electric sound of that jeep when they were prepping the planes. The Messerschmidts made tie-fighter sounds as well, lol..

Love it.

TeaSea
September 23rd, 2009, 15:52
This isn't the only Star Wars scene like this....

If you watch the movies, you'll be able to pick out scenes like this that are almost exact reproductions of other movies.

A friend of mine once had a list....honestly, I don't know where he found the time.

Lionheart
September 23rd, 2009, 15:54
I had heard that George Lucas used a battle scene from Battle of Britain (the movie) to film the last Star Wars scene (the one this was of), in making his movie.

If you watch the movie, BOB, you'll see bombers touching wingtips or blending wings. The technology back then in filming was a bit simple. Sometimes you filmed multiple planes on a movie screen from many projectors, then filmed the screen, lol... They were doing that with 2001 a Space Odyssee.

Bill

strikehawk
September 23rd, 2009, 17:34
This isn't the only Star Wars scene like this....

If you watch the movies, you'll be able to pick out scenes like this that are almost exact reproductions of other movies.

A friend of mine once had a list....honestly, I don't know where he found the time.

About the time Star Wars came out there were a slew of articles both in the mainstream press and Sci-Fi publications, most notably Starlog, along with magazines that focused exclusively on Star Wars. In those pubs were interviews with George Lucas in which he revealed the movies that were his inspiration for the whole Star Wars series. Not only were The Dam Busters used but elements from The Seven Samurai, most any 1930's/40's swashbuckling movie and even C3PO and R2D2 were modeled to a degree from Larual and Hardy.

I used to have most of those magazines back then but most were tossed out when I left for the Navy and my sister took over my room.

One more thing, while he denies it now, Lucas at one point did state that there were to be NINE Star Wars movies, with the last scene having one or both 'droids being disconnected from a computer, as if they were finished telling the story. Which by the way is how the original movies were to be told, from the 'droids point of view.

Piglet
September 23rd, 2009, 19:23
It's also where Lucas got the idea for X-Wings!
Those Mossies in the movie had painted over glass noses with fake guns stuck on.

n4gix
September 23rd, 2009, 19:55
C3PO and R2D2 were modeled to a degree from Larual and Hardy.

I've never understood why the designers didn't provide a voder to most, if not all of the robots. I should think that it would be useful for all robots to at least speak a common language...

...but I suppose the "bleep-squawk-burpburp-squeal-pbttt!" nonsense was cuter... :mixedsmi:

Lionheart
September 23rd, 2009, 20:03
I've never understood why the designers didn't provide a voder to most, if not all of the robots. I should think that it would be useful for all robots to at least speak a common language...

...but I suppose the "bleep-squawk-burpburp-squeal-pbttt!" nonsense was cuter... :mixedsmi:

I agree, lol.... How did Luke know what R2 was saying all the time? In the X-Wing, R2 would talk via a screen readout to Luke (which was in a foreign font). But other then that, how did he know?

Same with Atiken.

When I was in Highshool, about 2 years after the movie came out, a book came out that was the entire SW saga. A thick paperback that had all episodes in it. Several people got them before they were yanked off the shelves and disappeared without a trace. The originals are highly sought after. I guess they decided it would be dangerous to have it out and realised it should be made straight to movies.

I always wanted to see one. My friend's sister had it. Never did get to see it.

This was back in like 1978 or 79.

Bill

n4gix
September 24th, 2009, 11:16
C3PO of course could translate many languages, including (apparently) many hundreds of "computer dialects..."

...the chief reason Uncle Owen bought C3PO was because he could "talk" to the water harvesting robots, who's language was similar to that of "binary load lifters" (whatever the heck they are!)...

There are many, many logical inconsistencies if one looks too closely... :bump:

...mostly though it's simply techno-babble...

Lionheart
September 24th, 2009, 12:47
C3PO of course could translate many languages, including (apparently) many hundreds of "computer dialects..."

...the chief reason Uncle Owen bought C3PO was because he could "talk" to the water harvesting robots, who's language was similar to that of "binary load lifters" (whatever the heck they are!)...

There are many, many logical inconsistencies if one looks too closely... :bump:

...mostly though it's simply techno-babble...

Yep...

Now, we look back and its nothing big. But man, when that movie came out, all the technical jargon, the 3 second scenes filled with high realism models and CG backgrounds, the explosion of all the wild concepts of droids and battles and other forms of life and planets, was just mind blowing....

How that man got all of that into one single movie I'll never know. Should have taken him 10 years to do, lol...

Bill