PDA

View Full Version : The Jaggies

RobH
September 23rd, 2009, 06:48
It seems no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the jaggies on my aircraft. You can see what my problem is from these pics of a WIP repaint
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=255609&postcount=98

I am using NickN tips and Nhancer. I have a fairly smooth operating FSX, but the jaggies continue.

I am using FSX with SP2 and acceleration. I have a 9800GT 1Mb overclocked card, 4 GB ram, 850 watt power supply and (unfortunately) only 2.2 Gb processor. My OP is Vista 32 bit.

What settings or tweeks have the most effect on improving the jaggies?

OleBoy
September 23rd, 2009, 06:52
Looks like you need to turn up the AA on the card (anti-aliasing) and try triple buffering in the sim settings

harleyman
September 23rd, 2009, 10:59
Hey robH..

What jaggies???

On the planes?

have a look at this basic setup guide for AA and AF.

Go to 8 and 16 if you need to..But more AA equals performance hits

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=3023

RobH
September 23rd, 2009, 19:50
Thanks alot for the replies!

I have tinkered around some with the settings, but wasnt exactly sure where to start. I have messed around with both my AA and AF, and seem to have it looking much better, for now, lol.

I tried using the Nvidia control panel for my settings, but it seems I just cant get enough out of it. (More than likely its just me :redf:) I went into Nhancer and combined some settings I already had with the suggestions in Harleymans thread, and I believe I have achieved much better results.

Harleyman, maybe I used the wrong term for the jaggies. The edges of the aircraft are fine, its just the painted on markings that were giving me the jaggies. If you look at the pictures again, look at the 2nd and 3rd one. Pay close attention to the fuselage band, roundal, and the fin flash, you can see what I meant by the Jaggies.

After the changes I made tonight, I do not have this problem at this time, so hopefully, (fingers crossed), it will stay that way.

Thanks again guys for pointing me in the right direction:ernae:

harleyman
September 23rd, 2009, 23:38
OK...Now I see what you mean..Not bad..But there..

BTW...Some of the later Nvidia drivers seem to not be able to use AA at all, requiring NHancer to be used for that feature..And FSX needs AA and AF on..

stansdds
September 24th, 2009, 02:16
I gave up on the Nvidia panel long ago, NHancer is much better.