PDA

View Full Version : Junior can't catch a break

stansdds
September 22nd, 2009, 02:02
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was having a heck of a good day at Loudon on Sunday. Unfortunately, David Ruetimann tagged him and sent him spinning into the wall. It does seem that Junior is running much better with his new crew chief and Tony Eury, Jr. is no longer crewing or building his cars.

crashaz
September 22nd, 2009, 07:42
Took awhile.. but things seemingly are improving for Junior. One thing about his slump... all the bandwagon Earnhardt fans have jumped 't off the wagon. Leaving us true Earnhardt fans.. ( followed his daddy since 79...) to be able to show what true fans we are.

The Number 8 will be back in the winners circle... this isn't a Petty story.

Terry
September 22nd, 2009, 09:59
Jr is comming around slow but sure. Now Roush needs to find the problem in his back yard.

I wonder if Petty reserved the right in his contracts to have his named removed from the organization if the whole thing goes to pot with businessmen trying to tell racers how to race. Does not look promising!

Panther_99FS
September 22nd, 2009, 10:47
It does seem that Junior is running much better with his new crew chief and Tony Eury, Jr. is no longer crewing or building his cars.

One of the things stated about Jr. is that he's much better at relaying information about what the car is doing....

Now whether this is can be attributed to his new crew chief or Hendrick Motorsports in general can be debateable....

eddie
September 22nd, 2009, 13:46
I know Jr is not happy about what happened, and Newman backed him up!

"I should have known that. David just ran out of talent down there.'' Told Reutimann said the accident was his fault, Earnhardt replied: "That don't mean it's all right now. My car is tore up and he ain't got enough talent to run in the top five, I guess. "He run down into the side of me and spun me out late in the race. I mean, we're all running real hard, but you've got to know how much race car you've got and you've got to know how much talent you've got before you go down in the corner. He never knows.'' Earnhardt wasn't the only driver critical of Reutimann. Don't count Ryan Newman as a fan. "Everybody, I thought, with the exception of [Reutimann] drove pretty respectively,'' Newman said.