PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub: Amphibious

mike_cyul
September 21st, 2009, 13:43
The amphib version is now done, and so here are a couple of screenshots that are a bit closer in than the last time. There's a neat little gear selection panel in there, but I forgot to take a screenshot.

There now remains the low poly models of the Standard and Early version to do, plus a pair of wheeled-skis for those so inclined. Then a little more xml to work in, a final round of testing, then it'll be time to write the manual. :)

And after that.... :engel016:

Mike

txnetcop
September 21st, 2009, 13:55
An Amphib Super Cub oh yeah!!!! Now that's a bush flying aircraft! Looks great Michael
Ted

lawdawg
September 21st, 2009, 13:55
Hi Mike.
Thank you for posting the pictures. She looks fantastic...big grin.
Thank you also for the update. I have been wanting to fly this bird up here in AK for a while.
Really looking forward to making that a reality soon.
I like the fact there are many configurations.

Cag40Navy
September 21st, 2009, 13:57
lookin forward to it mike!

MCDesigns
September 21st, 2009, 14:15
SWEET!! :ernae:

gajit
September 21st, 2009, 14:33
Excellent :ernae:

wallyboard
September 21st, 2009, 14:57
"And after that,..."

It's the before the after that, the waiting, so hard.

doublecool
September 21st, 2009, 15:23
I am looking forward to this one :jump::applause::wavey:

lawdawg
September 28th, 2009, 14:47
Hey Mike,
I am curious what you have for the super cub sound?

wilycoyote4
September 28th, 2009, 15:50
What's the empty weight and the maximum gross takeoff weight? I think this amphib is the heaviest empty weight of all the models?:icon29:

mike_cyul
October 20th, 2009, 08:33
Hey Mike,
I am curious what you have for the super cub sound?

Hi Lawdawg, sorry for the late answer, I missed it the first time around. Sounds are being custom mixed to represent the Borer prop and the experience of basically being in a tube and fabric box with 160 hp just a few inches in front of your feet. There are some good Super Cub interior sounds to match from.

And wilycoyote4, max gross weight of a version like the TopCub on floats is 2300 lbs.

Mike

DB93
October 20th, 2009, 08:45
Looks great! I love amphibs, and that one looks like she's going to be a ton of fun to fly! I've got a couple of quick questions if you've got the time to answer (if not, no worries, as I'm sure the answers to my questions will become apparent at or near the aircraft's release.)

Approximately how many paint schemes will it ship with, will there be a paintkit for it, and if you get a chance, can we get a couple of interior pics?

Looking forward to seeing more, this looks like my kind of aircraft. :)

Roger
October 20th, 2009, 09:03
The whole pack is great fun:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/frscam-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/frscam-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/frscam-3.jpg

DB93
October 20th, 2009, 09:13
Thanks for the pics, Roger! Man that is one sweet looking aircraft! :) Looking forward to release.

gajit
October 20th, 2009, 09:56
I keep going to the Flight Replica's site in hope of its release - really looking forward to this version.

mike_cyul
October 20th, 2009, 10:50
Looks great! I love amphibs, and that one looks like she's going to be a ton of fun to fly! I've got a couple of quick questions if you've got the time to answer (if not, no worries, as I'm sure the answers to my questions will become apparent at or near the aircraft's release.)

Approximately how many paint schemes will it ship with, will there be a paintkit for it, and if you get a chance, can we get a couple of interior pics?

Looking forward to seeing more, this looks like my kind of aircraft. :)

With 9 models in all, it's hard to say how many paint schemes it will come with, but I'd say at least two per aircraft (and some with more).

Yes, there will be a paintkit (much easier to use than past ones).

If you'd like more interior pics, why not head over to the website and see some of the w.i.p. screenshots, here:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Super_Cub.htm

Hope that helps! :)

Mike

lawdawg
October 20th, 2009, 12:03
Mike ,
Thanks for the answer.

BananaBob
October 20th, 2009, 13:43
Man can't wait, great work!! :applause::applause::applause:

doublecool
October 20th, 2009, 14:11
The VC looks really nice
followed the link and great stuff:kilroy: to look forward to

Wombat_VC
October 20th, 2009, 23:06
That dash-top GPS is what making me choose this Super Cub over others. Sorry, I can't do without a GPS.

fliger747
October 21st, 2009, 01:06
The Garmin 495 sits on a velcro pad as shown. The cross country capabilities have increased so much from the old days! As a one man band Mike has done a great job on these!

We may have to organize a dirty dozen type mission to rescue him from the FS monastary!

Cheers: T

txnetcop
October 21st, 2009, 05:06
Another real winner, Mike! Superb is the only word that fits it. It beats the pants off any of the Super Cubs I have seen or flown on FSX to date.
Ted

DB93
October 21st, 2009, 05:54
With 9 models in all, it's hard to say how many paint schemes it will come with, but I'd say at least two per aircraft (and some with more).

Yes, there will be a paintkit (much easier to use than past ones).

If you'd like more interior pics, why not head over to the website and see some of the w.i.p. screenshots, here:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Super_Cub.htm

Hope that helps! :)

Mike

Thanks for the information, Mike. I just went and looked over the screenshots you linked to, and... well, what can I say? I had to wipe up the drool off my shirt. lol. The models are gorgeous, as are the interiors. This will be my next FSX purchase as soon as I can get 'permission' from my wife once it's released. :D

fliger747
October 21st, 2009, 08:38
On the one that represents my actual airplane, Mike even got all of the interior screws just right!

Cheers: T

alexf
October 25th, 2009, 04:51
Very nice!