PDA

View Full Version : Mother In Law...

gigabyte
September 21st, 2009, 13:36
This was just too funny and I have to tell someone... I have been married for 29 + years (she deserves the order of Canada for putting up with me for that long) and I have always played the role with my Mother In Law, saying how hateful she is and playing practical jokes on her. She really is a wonderful lady and it is all in great fun, I have pulled some great ones, the best was putting a remote controlled fart machine inside the Xmas Turkey and setting it off just as she was getting ready to stuff it...lol That was a RIOT!!! She has always played along and tried to up me every time, it has been great fun. Her husband of 59 years just passed away in June so it has been a rough summer, but her four daughtres and all the husbands have tried to be there for her and it seems to help. Well my wife and I took last week off to go close the cottage and make a short visit to Prince Edward Island, so the plan included bringing Mom along. We arranged to get a motel room right next to the RV Park where her sisters were staying and it was going to be a nice surprise for them. The weather was not great but we didn't mind. Everything was going just fine, I was teasing Ruby (the MIL) about riding on the roof of the car because I would not let her inside and the like. Well we got to the island and got checked into our room, MIL, the wife myself and my son all in one room, 2 double beds and a single, crowded but it worked. Now I have mentioned here before I am deaf, and when I take off my cochlear Implant processor I hear NOTHING (I also tell Ruby it is programed to ignore her voice...lol), I am always the first up in the morning and I was sitting around reading, when Ruby awoke she slipped into the bathroom and after about 5 minutes I hear this blood chilling scream, my wife sits bolt upright in bed and bolts to the bathroom... OK I figure I better stay out of this, a few minutes go by, my son is now at the door asking them what is wrong, all of a sudden they start laughing like hell... the wife comes out grabs some clothes from Ruby's suitecase and goes back in??? A few minutes later they come out and I get the "LOOK" - Oh $hit what am I getting blamed for now... well it turns out Ruby is having a bit of a flare up of the old hemmorids, so one of the first things she does every morning is go to the crapper then applies a nice soothing coat of Anuisol (something like Prepration H), this morning she happened to grab my Poly-Grip so she kind of sealed up the back end... well by the time we stopped laughing and got to the resturant they had finished with breakfast.

I could not have planned such a trick, not that I would do anything that hateful, I might say I was going to but I would never actually do it. We laughed about it all weekend, and she made us promise we would not tell her sisters, and since none are on this forum I can retell it here. Kind of the opposite of the old Prep H on the toothbrush gag, but I think it is so much funnier - well OK not for Ruby, but it still makes me chuckle.

Curtis P40
September 21st, 2009, 13:43
:applause:

Willy
September 21st, 2009, 13:47
Hmm... your mother in law is named after my horse! :d

Tako_Kichi
September 21st, 2009, 13:50
ROFL....thanks for that Mike.....Truth is always better than fiction! :applause:

jmig
September 21st, 2009, 16:10
It is nice to read about a true loving family. Congratulations to all of you.

Chacha
September 21st, 2009, 20:33
Ohhh.... That must hurt.....

Good thing is, we can laugh at our own mistakes... (Why did you place your poly grip on the counter top next to her ointment??) Do they have the same shape and form and color and texture??

That was a good laugh, thanks!:jump:

Next time to save Ruby from the same disaster, buy a MINT flavored GRIP....
:bump:

P.S.

A very dear friend of mine is awaiting for his Cochlear implants. I am happy to know it worked good for you. I pray it will work on him too!!!

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 20:58
LOLOLOLOL.....

I am crying I laughed so hard.

Im sorry for all she's been through, but man, that is just funny...

'Ouch-Kabbibles..'

Bill