PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of wallpapers...

WarHorse47
September 21st, 2009, 13:09
Can anybody use these....?? :icon_lol:

--WH

Curtis P40
September 21st, 2009, 13:14
:applause: So... did we go to Reno yesterday?
Curt

WarHorse47
September 21st, 2009, 13:16
:applause: So... did we go to Reno yesterday?
CurtYep. Friday, actually.

Got a little too hot for the wife. Hottest day during our vacation. Hit 98+ degrees by late afternoon. Couldn't drink enough MGDs to stay cool, so had to leave earlier than expected. :ernae:

--WH

crashaz
September 21st, 2009, 13:36
Wow nice shots!! Thanks!:wavey:

Curtis P40
September 21st, 2009, 13:40
Thanks to the EAA, I got to watch the live feed for free. Pretty cool, but not like being there. Rooted for one of the pilots in the Unlimited Class, Will Whiteside. Had the opportunity to fly in the Collings Foundation P-51C "Betty Jane" with Mr. Whiteside as the pilot. What a ride, he was just as eager to take me up as he was for the guy before and after me. Now I see why he liked to go low and fast, we done a mock strafing run on a CSX train. Will didn't fair to well in the race after starting on the pole in VooDoo, pulled up on lap three or so with "smoke in the cockpit." Not a good sign, but all ended well with a forced landing.
Some pretty cool pic's, to bad they don't come with sound..
Curt

WarHorse47
September 21st, 2009, 14:32
Some pretty cool pic's, to bad they don't come with sound..
Curt<!-- / message -->Thanks.

Yeah, no sounds. I almost purchased some CDs of the aircraft just for the sounds.

Hard to capture all of the experience at the races in any form. I enjoy walking the paddock early in the morning before the crowds arrive and watching the crews get ready for the days flying. From there its a walk around the static display to see what's new. :running:

This time and last we got reserved bleacher seating to rest our bodies and watch the various heats. This can get somewhat exciting as there are aircraft taxing or flying from a variety of directions. And then you listen to the announcers or music. :isadizzy:

I enjoy the challenge of getting some really good pics that tell a story. Some of the inflight shots are pan shots where I tried to keep the aircraft in focus but the scenery in motion - all with a digital camera.

Glad you enjoyed the shots.

--WH

cheezyflier
September 21st, 2009, 15:49
any chance of getting a full size of # 7? it's an awesome shot

Chacha
September 21st, 2009, 15:55
Thanks WH,

Another addition to my wallpaper.

WarHorse47
September 21st, 2009, 17:25
any chance of getting a full size of # 7? it's an awesome shotSure. Let's see if I picked the right one.

--WH

PeteHam
September 21st, 2009, 18:05
Thanks for the pics they're really good. :applause:

Could you post full size of the top two please.

Thanks.
:ernae:

Pete.

WarHorse47
September 21st, 2009, 18:47
Thanks for the pics they're really good. :applause:

Could you post full size of the top two please.

Thanks.
:ernae:

Pete.Okay, but that's it for now. I'm consuming a lot of SOH server space. :icon_lol:

--WH

PeteHam
September 21st, 2009, 19:51
Thank you :ernae:

Pete.

Chacha
September 21st, 2009, 20:12
Okay, but that's it for now. I'm consuming a lot of SOH server space. :icon_lol:

--WH

It's alright, Ickie can spare us more space....

Thanks again WH! :applause:

cheezyflier
September 22nd, 2009, 06:49
thanks for the new desktop pic! nicely done!

airtj
September 24th, 2009, 10:36
http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/airtj/Reno%2009/

WarHorse47
September 26th, 2009, 14:40
....yes, there is more...

--WH