PDA

View Full Version : Just a follow up on my....

idancesafetydance
September 21st, 2009, 12:28
...overclock thread. which can be seen here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22990). I had to lower it to 3600 Mhz, and boost the voltage up to 1.5 Volts. This is needed with my setup I guess to keep it stable. Before, at thes stock 3Ghz, at HIGH settings, I got an average of 20-ish FPS. Well now, 600Mhz later, I'm getting 50 FPS on Ultra-high setting with some high settings. man 600mhz make a big difference. I figured out the reason why I can't get it up to 3.8-4 Ghz. My mobo has a heat sensor. For some reason it's triggering to low. and there is no way in my BIOS to change that. so until I get a new Cooler. 3.6 Ghz will have to do.:wiggle:

CG_1976
September 21st, 2009, 12:47
Excellent for a fellow AMD user. I just moved from the 940 to the 965. Under both I never needed to oc, but then again I think im the only one here with liquid nitrogen cooling and AMD's love being cold for performance. It's strange how FSX effects different setups. Glad to see and here a positive report once from a AMD user:icon29:.

idancesafetydance
September 21st, 2009, 13:42
Excellent for a fellow AMD user. I just moved from the 940 to the 965. Under both I never needed to oc, but then again I think im the only one here with liquid nitrogen cooling and AMD's love being cold for performance. It's strange how FSX effects different setups. Glad to see and here a positive report once from a AMD user:icon29:.
Liquid Nitrogen :isadizzy:

kilo delta
September 22nd, 2009, 05:11
Liquid Nitrogen :isadizzy:

....and not overclocked?????

Why?

The stock amd cooler would have sufficed!:isadizzy:

idancesafetydance
September 22nd, 2009, 12:23
....and not overclocked?????

Why?

The stock amd cooler would have sufficed!:isadizzy:
That is incredible this needs more -->:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy: