PDA

View Full Version : F16

rayhere48
September 20th, 2009, 21:22
I want to purchase one of the F16's for fsx. I don't have unlimited funds, so must decide between the IRIS or the Aerosoft f16. They both look great. I have looked at reviews and that is not helping. So any helpful dialog would be great.

dhazelgrove
September 20th, 2009, 23:02
I suppose it comes down to the choice between a single- or two-seater.

If you want the single-seater, go for the Aerosoft offering.
If you want the two-seater, then the IRIS offering is the way to go.

Don't ask for a comparison between them. They're both marvellous in their own, very different ways.
Each is worth the cost.

Dave

Chris Sykes
September 21st, 2009, 01:31
Dave is right there, obiously im biased towards the IRIS one, however from what i am told the Aerosoft F-16 (Single seater) is heavy on FPS and the System, so it could end up being a choice to which will run better...

cfso002
September 21st, 2009, 02:13
we respect both develop team , and I think talking about what we like and what we don`t like much, no matter the content is correct or not , it won`t harm anyone.

Aerosoft external model and VC looks a litter better than IRIS , AS is perfect , IRIS is pretty good. and many people think a single seater looks itself better than a two seater.But remember that better look means not so good framerate. IRIS's look just slightly drop behind, but it's framerate is very high, it's a smart choice.

AS fly just like a NORMAL 3nd party jet ( I don`t like it doesn`t turn or drift at small bank angel on final approch). IRIS flight model is better fine turn , I think, it sink once power idle at on speed approch . AS float like a cessna--or other normal low wing load plane.So I think IRIS is perfect and AS is normal in this takeoff landing job.

system, IRIS is more detail, with an accurate HUD flight path vetor symbol,perfect. AS is good also.

skin and livery, AS has a little better refection and more livery.

So, if you use it mainly in doing screen shot, you may prefer AS, if use it mainly in doing takeoff and landing ,or like to fly multiplayer formation , you may prefer IRIS.

I'll recommand u order both.

Nesu
September 21st, 2009, 03:14
I want to purchase one of the F16's for fsx. I don't have unlimited funds, so must decide between the IRIS or the Aerosoft f16. They both look great. I have looked at reviews and that is not helping. So any helpful dialog would be great.

If I might only ,just n of course I.R.I.S. Pro Series F16D
:wavey:

Txmmy83
September 21st, 2009, 04:46
if I have to choose I would go for the Iris F16D
it is much easier on frames than the AS and has much better sound

BR
Tom

falcon409
September 21st, 2009, 06:38
IRIS, far better FPS, cockpit nitelighting is more accurate and a finely tuned FDE.

peter12213
September 21st, 2009, 14:14
the Iris one flies better but the aerosoft one looks better in my opinion but as is said it is heavy on frames though!

ST0RM
April 9th, 2013, 13:38
Digging this one up with a question.

Has anyone tried to use the IRIS F-16D FDE with the Aerosoft F-16C? It seems the AS Viper flies "stiff" in comparison to the IRIS jet. Can I simply point the FDE to IRIS'? Maybe copy over some of the info from the cfg?

Thanks!
Jeff

Sundog
April 9th, 2013, 15:17
The Iris one is nice, but the flight controls aren't modeled properly, which irks me and the Aerosoft model seems to have the more accurate FDE to me. But the Iris model is easier on frame rates.

The easy way to solve this is to ask your self this question: Do you prefer the single seat F-16 or the two seat F-16? Problem solved.;)

airattackimages
April 9th, 2013, 22:20
They're both way too fast. Aerosoft's was the most annoying though (the thing comes in screaming on landing for example) so I've modded mine a bit. Reduced its power to a more realistic level, so the thing actually bleeds airspeed in an 8 G turn rather than continue to accelerate. And, I changed the effectiveness of the flaps so it takes off around 150 kts and lands around 135. I've only tweaked the clean A so far.

MenendezDiego
April 9th, 2013, 22:23
As far as I know, neither simulated CAT-III configurations (i.e. with any air-to-ground ordinance or fuel tanks, the planes AoA, speed, and g-limit are limited).

If you really want the F-16 experience, get Falcon BMS. You won't regret it (I can help with the install/setup for those who want to give it a try). Keep in mind, it is a study sim on par with DCS A-10C.

Regards, Diego

wombat666
April 10th, 2013, 03:57
Both are very good, it really comes down to your preference. I wanted both so ............ :applause:
Indeed, they need a little tweaking if you're picky but I'm not that way inclined.

IRIS.

AEROSOFT.

ST0RM
April 10th, 2013, 08:39
While I appreciate the replies, my question still remains. Can the FDE be ported over from one jet to another with minimal fuss? I've got both aircraft as well.

Also, if you've done some tweaks, care to post them?

-Jeff

WarHorse47
April 10th, 2013, 08:56
...and where can one find the IRIS F-16D?

Is that still available (for sale) somewhere?

paul day
April 10th, 2013, 10:03
Could someone point me in the direction of the Nellis repaint for the Iris F-16D please?

Regards Paul Day.

Montie
April 10th, 2013, 10:45
I wish I had the IRIS F-16D paintkit, only just got the addon before they stopped selling it. Unfortunately there are not many repaints available for the IRIS model, if any? The Aerosoft model has got a lot of attention from repainters, which is a great selling point too.

MenendezDiego
April 10th, 2013, 13:10
I remember Yago made some amazing paints for the Aerosoft F-16. I still have them saved if anyone wants them.

airattackimages
April 10th, 2013, 15:08
As far as I know, neither simulated CAT-III configurations (i.e. with any air-to-ground ordinance or fuel tanks, the planes AoA, speed, and g-limit are limited).

If you really want the F-16 experience, get Falcon BMS. You won't regret it (I can help with the install/setup for those who want to give it a try). Keep in mind, it is a study sim on par with DCS A-10C.

Regards, Diego

I had F4 long ago. F3 before that. Loved em both, but no clue where they are. In 2000 or so, bought F4 AF. As far as I'm aware, none of the mods use it as their base, they all use the original F4, correct? I'll have to buy one if so, because I've been wanting to get back into the sim with one of the new falcon creations.

airattackimages
April 10th, 2013, 15:09
While I appreciate the replies, my question still remains. Can the FDE be ported over from one jet to another with minimal fuss? I've got both aircraft as well.

Also, if you've done some tweaks, care to post them?

-Jeff

I'll be happy to post my tweak for the Aerosoft clean A model. When I get back to my desktop.

fsafranek
April 10th, 2013, 21:06
I don't have it but I stumbled upon the an online copy of the manual for the Aerosoft F-16 yesterday while looking for info on AOA Indexers. I read a little bit, scanned the images, and was quite impressed. I have the IRIS F-16D from a sale last year because it was a great deal and I'm partial to two-seaters. I've been very pleased with it. I think they are both worthy additions to any hangar.
:ernae:

Smudge
April 11th, 2013, 01:19
Hi guys, a little OT I know, but I uploaded the F-16D paintkit a month back I think..

Anyway, here's the download link.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/files/iris_f16d_paintkit.zip

~David.

Dumonceau
April 11th, 2013, 13:11
I remember Yago made some amazing paints for the Aerosoft F-16. I still have them saved if anyone wants them.

I would love to have them! Could you pm me about it please?

miragecy
April 11th, 2013, 20:51
I would love to have them! Could you pm me about it please?

+1

Andy

MenendezDiego
April 11th, 2013, 22:59
I'll upload them sometime this weekend.

Regards, Diego

Naismith
April 11th, 2013, 23:29
I'll upload them sometime this weekend.

Regards, Diego
Forgive me interjecting here but didn't Yago leave in a huff some long time ago and request his paints go with him?

MenendezDiego
April 11th, 2013, 23:35
Forgive me interjecting here but didn't Yago leave in a huff some long time ago and request his paints go with him?

I remember him leaving. If that was his request, I will honor it.

gtirob01
April 12th, 2013, 06:31
Would anyone be willing to do a new repaint? I'd love to see one of the Eglin test(ET tail) birds painted up!

JensOle
April 12th, 2013, 07:02
Polish AF repaints I have been working on (the default scheme has a few errors)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot5152.jpg:original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot5543.jpg:original

I have also done a few Singapore Falcons if any are interested.

gtirob01
April 12th, 2013, 07:12
Very nice! Would love to have them!

dhazelgrove
April 12th, 2013, 07:56
it's good to see paints on the CFT models. Makes a nice change.

Dave