PDA

View Full Version : 'I Can't Complain Martin=P1, Montoya=P2'...

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 13:29
:applause::applause::applause:......

Too bad for Dale Jr. who was running good until the incident with #00...

Cazzie
September 20th, 2009, 13:38
The "right" hendricks car won! Denny got third, can't complain.

Yep, too bad for Junior, the double Zero played dirty pool.

Kudos to Juan Pablo, both for the excellent race and also for the sportsmanship in not taking Mark out on that last restart.

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 13:49
Kudos to Juan Pablo, both for the excellent race and also for the sportsmanship in not taking Mark out on that last restart.

Caz

Yeah but Montoya also made a dumb comment saying that if the situation occurs again, he might bump Mark...(but not wreck him)....:monkies:

Denny did run well though....

Terry
September 20th, 2009, 13:51
The "right" hendricks car won! Denny got third, can't complain.

Yep, too bad for Junior, the double Zero played dirty pool.

Caz

Juan said in the post race interview that he will bump him out of the way next time. Mark won't bump anyone on purpose that's why he has never been champ, he's is simply too nice a guy.

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 14:10
True Terry...but Montoya also said he wouldn't wreck Martin....

That being said, how many other NASCAR drivers have bumped people for the win? - Surely Montoya wouldn't be the first....

& One of the reasons why I like Montoya is because he's clearly an underdog.....A foreign born driver coming from open-wheel with an accent in a Southern USA dominated sport....

Cazzie
September 20th, 2009, 14:46
True Terry...but Montoya also said he wouldn't wreck Martin....

That being said, how many other NASCAR drivers have bumped people for the win? - Surely Montoya wouldn't be the first....

& One of the reasons why I like Montoya is because he's clearly an underdog.....A foreign born driver coming from open-wheel with an accent in a Southern USA dominated sport....

I really don't think you can call the drivers Southern-dominated today Panther. The teams maybe, since most shops are in NC, and the organization, but not the drivers.

As far as I can tell, there are only four Southern drivers in the NASCAR Cup series, three of those are Virginians (Denny Hamlin, Jeff Burton, and Elliott Sadler) and Junior is a North Carolinian.

Look through the drivers here and tell me how many you think are Southern.

http://www.nascar.com/drivers/list/cup/dps/

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 14:51
Yeah Caz,
Currently speaking, you're absolutely correct.....(though I still say Montoya has the cards stacked against him...as he's still an "intruder" in NASCAR...especially as viewed by the more traditional fans..)

Cazzie
September 20th, 2009, 15:24
I think most all open-wheel drivers are first thought of as goats because of Robbie Gordon. Smoke made the transition fine, but not until he had gained respect, but Robbie Gordon's whiny antics and mayhem driving put the consensus of NASCAR fans against open-wheel drivers in stocks cars. Even road course drivers are given more respect. And the truth is, open wheel drivers for the most part have not cut the mustard in NASCAR. Only Smoke and now Juan Pablo have met with any success in modern NASCAR. Things were much different in the beginning days of NASCAR too. USAC open-wheel drivers ruled the first years so much that they were barred from NASCAR. When allowed back, they were still successful, but by then NASCAR had its own "real" professional drivers.

But until the other open-wheel drivers show some promise (Sam Hornish maybe), there will be a prejudice against them among NASCAR fans. That's why Danica Patrick should stay where she is, she will be ridiculed for every mistake she makes when she comes over to NASCAR and it could ruin what is already a good career for her.

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 15:34
Caz,
I agree with you about Robby Gordon - Robby talked waaay too much smack before he even got in the sport & thus alienated himself.....Montoya wasn't as bad but he definitely could've transitioned better....

As far as Danica is concerned, after seeing Hornish, Montoya, Allmendinger, & Franchitti....I'm sure she'll do it "right".....

Cazzie
September 20th, 2009, 17:33
Caz,
I agree with you about Robby Gordon - Robby talked waaay too much smack before he even got in the sport & thus alienated himself.....Montoya wasn't as bad but he definitely could've transitioned better....

As far as Danica is concerned, after seeing Hornish, Montoya, Allmendinger, & Franchitti....I'm sure she'll do it "right".....

Are you kidding? Look where Franchitti is now, where he belongs. Allmendinger needs to go back too, a wreck waiting to happen or at best, a moving chicane. I don't think Hornish will ever cut the mustard either, but Juan Pablo is a natural, he's there already.

Caz

EasyEd
September 20th, 2009, 19:43
Hey All,

So many comments to make...

1) Montoya showed Martin real respect. That was good! Otherwise it was Montoya over aggressive driving and not hesitating to have the "you ain't in the top 12 get outta my way attitude". That'll bite him right in the Butte Montana - guaranteed!

2) Hamlin - lucky as H E double toothpicks. The way he drove into those corners at the end his front tires should have been flatspotted and blown but he got away with it - this week! An he better quit messin with his superior - Jimmie Johnson - it'll burn him.

3) Jimmie got fourth - just fine as he didn't have the car at the end - he's second to Martin in the points now.

4) Back to Montoya and open wheelers in Nascar. Montoya deserves real respect and is not in my mind an outsider unless he makes himself one. NASCAR is not a southern good ol boy sport - hasn't been in a long time. Too many drivers from all over the US in the sport for this to even vaguely be the case. Montoya is the real deal - generally smart - obviously can be a team player - isn't a chicane like Allmendinger and Franchitti - the jury is still out on Hornish as far as I'm concerned - seems to have the right stuff but not the right car.

5) Danica - I've no idea how she'll do but I think Stewart Haas is a good outfit for her to drive for. She'll do well there as Tony will know how to bring her along.

6) Robby - I have to speak in favor of Robby. I think he is one of the most gifted drivers I have ever seen. His downfall has generally been his temper - that and the fact that he is an independent cuss who isn't afraid to go his own way. I think that is a credit to him. He may not get far but he is his own man - kudos to you Robby. I hope Jim Beam keeps standing behind you.

7) Of course open wheelers want to drive in NASCAR - who on earth would want to drive for that absolute cesspool called F1? I doubt any sport has ever reached the all time low F1 has. Maybe what some writers have said is right - cancel F1 for 2010 and start fresh in 2011.

-Ed-

redriver6
September 20th, 2009, 22:20

reallly...so yer looking to stick to the good ol southern boys eh....

good luck with that.:pop4:

Mark Martin is from the South by the way in case you weren't aware of that.

that quote of yours says a whole lot.................

Cazzie
September 21st, 2009, 03:18

That's right, he's a Razorback by birth, isn't he! Don't know why, I was thinking he's from Big Mo.

Caz

Ed, if 180 ° opposites get along, I supposed we'd do fine. You are right about Juan Pablo's aggressive driving, that could get him as well liked as, say, Kyle Busch or Robbie Gordon. But Kyle can really walk the walk, Robbie can only drive a road course and he has to wreck everyone to win one there.

And don't go talking luck, your driver is the New York Yankee of luck in the Cup series. :icon_lol:

But Mark Martin, who can ever talk bad about Mark Martin. If Denny can't take the beans, I hope Mark does, it would be the best thing to happen in NASCAR in a long time. Look at the drivers this man has brought along and helped become NASCAR winners. And his boy will be there one day! :medals:

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 21st, 2009, 05:35

Am I trying to stick it to southern boys :ques: - nope...
That being said, I'll be the first to admit that in my younger days & growing up in Illinois, I was definitely an Alan Kulwicki fan - because he was from the north.....:kilroy:

& Yep, I know Martin is from the south - speaking of which, if there were one driver that I'd root for more than Martin, it would definitely be Ward Burton.....It's really ashame that he doesn't have a ride - he's a real good guy...

Cazzie
September 21st, 2009, 06:40
Am I trying to stick it to southern boys :ques: - nope...
That being said, I'll be the first to admit that in my younger days & growing up in Illinois, I was definitely an Alan Kulwicki fan - because he was from the north.....:kilroy:

& Yep, I know Martin is from the south - speaking of which, if there were one driver that I'd root for more than Martin, it would definitely be Ward Burton.....It's really ashame that he doesn't have a ride - he's a real good guy...

Ward could still get a ride Panther, but at his age, he wants a "good" ride and that has just not been in the offering. Ward's interest now lie in local politics and conservation and his son Jebb's racing career. Remember that name, he's only 16 right now.

Caz