PDA

View Full Version : Back then....a looooong time ago!!!!!

gera
September 19th, 2009, 12:37
Its 1953 and you are drifting along flights with an Alaskan air freight company but you have been sending your resume all over. You get a letter marked in Montevideo, Uruguay which sends you in a steam ship to that old southern country....what for??? what for you ask!!!!...Amigo you are in the money now!!! --Lineas Aereas Carga Sur--- has hired you fo fly their latest cargo DC6 to lovely cities all over the Continente!!!!!!.....OK, I'll give you all details later on in the mean time set your airport traffic to 0...yea, 0 (cero) you will not want "jets of the future" in any airport in 1953 do you????...start making some touch and goes in your old DC6 so you will be a "tops dude captain" and make sure you know the stall speed of the craft.......Yup!!! these Flights are in the works for everyone but mainly for "old farts" like me, or nearby so. You'll fly the weather either good or ugly in loud reciprocating piston engines shooting blue flames like dragons from long ago......who's game???

Soon.............................................. :kilroy::kilroy:

Helldiver
September 19th, 2009, 14:11
But gera, you were only seven years old in 1953. Would your mama let you fly a DC-6 at that age?

gera
September 19th, 2009, 14:30
hahahahah.....flew my first Pan Am Flight in a DC-4 when I was 10...and my mamma came with me!!!!! quite a bumpy ride around 8 or 10,000 ft, lots of brown bags went around!!!!!!!

CG_1976
September 19th, 2009, 16:22
hahahahah.....flew my first Pan Am Flight in a DC-4 when I was 10...and my mamma came with me!!!!! quite a bumpy ride around 8 or 10,000 ft, lots of brown bags went around!!!!!!!

Thats what happened to me to yesterday onboard the Buffalo Dc-3 going to Hay River NWT. Beleive it or not my 1st time in a DC-3.