PDA

View Full Version : Succesful Overclock...

idancesafetydance
September 19th, 2009, 11:40
Besides the fact that I think I spelt "succesful" wrong. How do you guys think FSX will run now? Before my system was a AMD phenom 940, at 3.0Ghz coupled with a BFG Nvidia 9600GT OC (and yes... for the last time it's 256 bit) and at HIGH settings I got around 20 FPS. Now, it is at 3.7Ghz. I am asking now because I am still tweaking the OC a bit and am not quite ready for FSX. Here's the screenie. Sorry about the size.

Roadburner440
September 19th, 2009, 11:47
I personally run the simulator at 20FPS. It looks smooth as silk to me. The issue I have personally experienced with frame rates is not how many frames you are getting, but whether it is jumping from 40 down to 14, and skipping frames inbetween. I was looking to overclock my i7-950 which is at 3ghz now, but after having the PC for 2 weeks now I do no feel it is needed. Yours should be good to go for at least 25 or 30FPS I would imagine. I would say the most important thing is ensuring the over clock is stable. Installing FSX on one of those 10,000RPM raptor hard drives by itself helped as well. Is all about experimentation.

Matt Wynn
September 19th, 2009, 12:01
why do i get the feeling someone has a liking for daft punk.... as Steve said it's all in the experimentation

idancesafetydance
September 19th, 2009, 12:31
why do i get the feeling someone has a liking for daft punk.... as Steve said it's all in the experimentation Because I do :wiggle: And yes. it is all about experimenting, this needs ALOT of tweaking, I see guys with a nearly Identicle setup to mine getting it at 4 Ghz, but mine crashes after minutes in FSX at 3.6 or 3.7 Ghz.

harleyman
September 19th, 2009, 12:38
More volts for your crashes I believe..

Run memtest too.....

idancesafetydance
September 19th, 2009, 13:00
More volts for your crashes I believe..

Run memtest too.....I actually did that right before your post LOL. the default voltage is 1.3 something volts. Before I had it at 1.425. The damn thing didn't want to be stable until I pumped 1.5 into it. Now it is stable as can be. I haven't tested FSX yet, BUT Call of Duty 4, Was at 1920 by 1080, with 4x AA at max settings, running at 60 FPS, now it's at 100. good boost. Can't wait to try FSX.

mjrhealth
September 19th, 2009, 13:39
I have the 945 running at 3.5 ghz and its smoking. Be nice to get the 965 at 3.8 though.

NH314
September 19th, 2009, 14:30
Oooohhh

I see many links related to piratery on your desktop !!

http://i38.tinypic.com/10wjs5k.jpg

I wonder if your Vegas program is legit ..... :monkies:

SirBenn21
September 19th, 2009, 15:43
Oooohhh

I see many links related to piratery on your desktop !!

http://i38.tinypic.com/10wjs5k.jpg

I wonder if your Vegas program is legit ..... :monkies:

How can you say that from looking at a icon!
I would be careful if I were you just accusing people at random. :blind:
I say you're a troll!

idancesafetydance
September 19th, 2009, 17:14
I will admit, I do use Limewire for music, untill I can figure out how to get Itunes working, im out of PC's to use it on.... and for Utorrent. I really have no need for it exept for updates to YSflight. Which is a free, opensource sim. And if you want. I can mail you Vegas... Got it from my grandpa last christmas. As well as Photoshop, and FRAPS.

Bjoern
September 20th, 2009, 09:37
The basic rule for overclocking:

Work it harder, make it better
Do it faster, makes us stronger

More than ever hour after
Our work is never over

:d

idancesafetydance
September 21st, 2009, 12:30
The basic rule for overclocking:

Work it harder, make it better
Do it faster, makes us stronger

More than ever hour after
Our work is never over

:d
:bump::jump::bump:

CG_1976
September 21st, 2009, 12:55
The magic bullet for AMD's is it likes to be cold and cold climates.