PDA

View Full Version : 'Montoya On The Pole @ Loudon'

Panther_99FS
September 18th, 2009, 16:10
Whoda' thunk it! :isadizzy::applause:

Kurt Busch did well too....:)

Cazzie
September 19th, 2009, 05:08
Juan Pablo is really learning the ovals, flat like Loudon, short track like Bristol, super speedway like Talledaga. He is going to win a race within a year I bet.

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 19th, 2009, 08:08
Yeah Cazz...
I also think the merger helped out quite a bit - as Ganassi really wasn't much before - even with Sterling Marlin.

That being said, Dale Jr. went to an excellent team BUT.....:monkies:

Ferry_vO
September 19th, 2009, 09:08
If J-P wins a Nascar race, he'll be the first to win in Indycars, F1 and Nascar I think..?

eddie
September 19th, 2009, 09:22
Well P, you like to bring Jr into the equation for the Chase this year, so in comparing records, I"LL use Dale Sr's early career records against Montoya's. If you think he's God's gift to NASCAR and the best thing to hit NASCAR ever, then the records don't back that up at all!

"In his first full season of competition, Dale scored his initial Winston Cup win at Bristol in just his 16th career start. Eight races later, he notched his first career pole at Riverside. By the end of the season, he had driven to 11 Top 5 finishes and beat Harry Gant, Terry Labonte and Joe Millikan for the rookie title in one of the most competitive rookie battles ever.
In 1980, with a young, yet solid team, good equipment and the determination to prove he belonged at racing's highest level, Earnhardt beat tough veteran Cale Yarborough for the NASCAR Winston Cup Series title to become the only driver ever to win the rookie crown and the series' championship in consecutive seasons."

Sr must be laughing from his grave,lol

MaddogK
September 19th, 2009, 13:36
Bout freekin time, I know my 'jr' lovin buddies are eating crow now.
:applause::applause::applause:

Cazzie
September 19th, 2009, 13:43
If J-P wins a Nascar race, he'll be the first to win in Indycars, F1 and Nascar I think..?

Nope, Mario's been there and done that.

Caz

Panther_99FS
September 19th, 2009, 14:58
. If you think he's God's gift to NASCAR

Good grief!
I've never said this!

Just because I like a driver doesn't mean I think he's God's gift to NASCAR ....

Relax...I'm just a Montoya fan.....Being a regular ol' fan is allowed isn't it :ques: :)

And for the record, I'm also a Mark Martin & Jeff Gordon fan too.....:)

Panther_99FS
September 19th, 2009, 15:02
Sr must be laughing from his grave,lol

And finally for the record,
I am a Dale Senior fan also.......;)

(Unlike some other folks, I'm not gridlocked into one driver, one car...)

wombat666
September 20th, 2009, 06:12
And I may stand corrected but I think one Daniel Sexton Gurney won in F1, Indycars and NASCAR before Mario was out of sprinters!
Dan seems to have 'owned' the NASCAR round at Riverside!
:applause:

Panther_99FS
September 20th, 2009, 08:08
And I may stand corrected but I think one Daniel Sexton Gurney won in F1, Indycars and NASCAR before Mario was out of sprinters!
Dan seems to have 'owned' the NASCAR round at Riverside!
:applause:

Gurney=Definitely one of the 'all around' racers....:mixedsmi: