PDA

View Full Version : Hey NavyChief8!

falcon409
September 17th, 2009, 20:04
Mayport_NS coming your way. I'm going to knock out the ships. . .they look too weird and you can place static stuff in those places I'm sure.

tigisfat
September 17th, 2009, 20:33
How r u getting those tiles?

falcon409
September 17th, 2009, 21:08
How r u getting those tiles?
SBuilderX has a built in Tile server setup. Place your aircraft in the area of the tiles you need in FSX, in SBX tell it to show background, that brings up the satellite map, then click show aircraft and that zero's in on the exact area you're at in FSX. Some additional positioning a few commands to set resolution and presto, you have a photoreal image that will compile with one click to make the photoimage you see in the pic.

tigisfat
September 17th, 2009, 23:03
is SbuilderX an airport design program?

CG_1976
September 17th, 2009, 23:13
Falcon, im looking into that lake off the RWY at YZF. I might have a solution for you. Mayport_NS fantastic NS and very missed in FSX. Looks good Falcon:medals:.

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 03:28
is SbuilderX an airport design program?
Not in the sense that ADE or AFCAD or AFX are. SBX is basically for scenery work. I can remove the old airport boundary and add a new one with excludes and poly's. I can do flattens, add water, produce Islands, things like that. It's not something you can add runways or parking ramps or taxiways like you can with the AFCAD programs.

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 04:13
. . . .Falcon, im looking into that lake off the RWY at YZF. I might have a solution for you.
That would be good, cause right now, I'm at a loss as to how to get the water to show. It has been suggested that the photoimage will always override any waterpoly. I've tried using a watermask as well and still nothing.

jdhaenens
September 18th, 2009, 05:13
I'll have to check when I get home, but I can probably pony up Mayport Light and St. John's Light. This is another one I did for the VUSN a few years back and I think I still have the models.

Roadburner440
September 18th, 2009, 07:23
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Thank you! Finally someone is doing my base, l cannot thank you enough. That looks amazing. Can seen the gym, and baseball fields and everything. I look forward to this. :ernae:

navychief8
September 18th, 2009, 09:25
Falcon409 you have done it again. What a great scenery base. Now I will start trying to get the buildings done. :ernae:

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 10:08
Falcon409 you have done it again. What a great scenery base. Now I will start trying to get the buildings done.
Great, if you need me to do the autogen annotations (vegetation), I can do that and send you the agn files for placement.

Roadburner440
September 18th, 2009, 14:35
Just out of curiosity, are there going to be custom hangars? If you wanted help with the textures I would be more than happy to try to get photo's and such of the hangars. I know my old squadron HSL-46, and HSL-42 had sayings written on the front of the hangar doors. Plus they just built a brand new tower, and left the remains of the old tower on the terminal building. They just took the control tower part with the glass off and capped it with a roof. Other than that the base probably hasn't changed much from when those pictures were taken for the texture. It has basically remained the same since I have been stationed there in early 2004 to the present.