October 24th, 2008, 10:41
Is that beautiful or what? :applause:

Brian

harleyman
October 24th, 2008, 10:59
I know someone that is drooling for this right now.....LOL:d

heywooood
October 24th, 2008, 11:02
Its just another great work from Carenado...

heywooood
October 24th, 2008, 11:07
don't mind me - I've just been camping out at their site waiting for the Bonanza V35...

so far they have converted five of their fleet to FSX SP2 and created one (the Mooney) but I'm still waiting for the -V- tail

These are all really well detailed models with very low FPS impact and solid flight models - this C152 has an outstanding sound file BtW !

cheezyflier
October 24th, 2008, 11:13
i just finished installing it.

ill be back later, after a short test flight :wavey:

******man, this is one sweet piece!!!!!! originally, when i spoke to them after getting the 206, they told me 30 more days till the 152. they missed that date a little. someone once spoke of a dirty bird paint for the 206, i don't know if they ever did it, but this one is practically screaming for some oil and grime. i can see me island hopping with this one tonight! i just wish there was an a/p so i could fly in the weather.

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 11:53
Any ideas on why I can't find the serial number? :banghead:

Got the download link email, downloaded fine, but I cannot find a serial number for the installer anywhere. There's an order number and a long password in the email, but neither of them work. Don't see anyway to access my orders on their site.

Must be missing something simple, but what is it? :redf:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Anneke
October 24th, 2008, 11:59
Use your email from your confirmation email and the long password in the 'serial' field. It should work, because it worked here...:ernae:

Anneke :wiggle:

heywooood
October 24th, 2008, 12:00
yes - I had to try it twice - but ut did work the second time...its that long alphanumeric code right below your email addy in the confirmation they send you...

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 12:06
Use your email from your confirmation email and the long password in the 'serial' field. It should work, because it worked here...:ernae:

Anneke :wiggle:

Thanks, Anneke, must have copied a space into it when I tried it before. Worked when I tried it again. Off to fly. . .

Wish it had a Hobbs meter in the right seat panel. Back when I was a starving flight instructor getting paid around $7 USD to instruct in these things, it was hard not to watch those tenths click over enough to get a full hour. :d Low time instructors probably learned more about flying by instructing in 150's and 152's than the people they were "teaching". :isadizzy:

cheers,

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 12:07
Downloading now!....been waiting for this one. First the F-16, now the 152, all within two days :mixedsmi:

Now there is a gap in performance....can't wait to get this installed

Roger
October 24th, 2008, 12:30
Do I need this as well as the Jf freeware?

IanP
October 24th, 2008, 12:54
Well I'm still highly unimpressed with the JF demo one, compared to the real C152s I've flown. At least this one has the right external model (the JF one has MASSIVE air intakes - this one looks about right) - Someone else'll have to let you know about the flight dynamics because I don't have it yet. This just went to the top of the purchase list for next month. ;)

Ian P.
(Still in Ireland, on a hotel wireless connection)

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 13:03
Just took her for a quick spin. This baby is a beaut....although, like a couple other Carenado recent releases, there seems to be a radio switch flaw....radios do not come on when you turn on the master (152's don't have an avionics switch that I'm aware of).....I'll email them. Not sure why this keeps getting missed (in the mean time Ctrl+e gets everything running after start-up).

This will be great fun. The model is really well done IMO.

Anneke
October 24th, 2008, 13:14
...and the switch for pitot heat is switched with the dome light. Strobe and Taxi switch are missing...no fuel switch.. Sloppy release...:kilroy:
On the bright side..we have a working ash tray :)
Anneke :wavey:

Anneke
October 24th, 2008, 13:20
Wish it had a Hobbs meter in the right seat panel.
cheers,steve :wavey:

Look at the tachometer..:mixedsmi:

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 13:26
...and the switch for pitot heat is switched with the dome light. Strobe and Taxi switch are missing...no fuel switch.. Sloppy release...:kilroy:
On the bright side..we have a working ash tray :)

You are right one those items as well. Sloppy indeed.

Roger
October 24th, 2008, 14:34
Yeah, it's in a class of it's own:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/carenadoc152-1.jpg

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 14:37
Look at the tachometer..:mixedsmi:

Yeah, but as a flight instructor you lose big time with the tach, since it barely moves at idle RPM, but the Hobbs meter was running all the time and taxi time counted just as much as flight time (and taxi time was safer). :costumes:

Panther_99FS
October 24th, 2008, 15:01
Finally,
I held off on a couple of releases due to this having a higher "priority" on my scale...:kilroy::d

glennc
October 24th, 2008, 16:36
Not so good - I get "Overstress" on every load so far. It gets hung in a loop. The only way out is to shut down FS. I'll send a note to Carenado.

Glenn

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 16:53
Not so good - I get "Overstress" on every load so far. It gets hung in a loop. The only way out is to shut down FS. I'll send a note to Carenado.

Glenn

Sadly, I am getting the same thing, Glenn. My FSX then crashes and I've had multiple error messages, so troubleshooting has been hard.

cheers,

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 17:16

Glenn

Well, that is odd Glenn.

Now, I overstressed the F-16 last night, and that wasn't good at all :banghead: :d

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 17:35
oops, DBL post

glennc
October 24th, 2008, 18:14
Steve,

If you haven't yet, send them a note. I think with the FSX 182Q, the avionics switch wasn't working at first. I got an update from them but I don't think its on the updates page. Looks like its time to make with the squeeky wheel thing. Knowing them, this will get fixed pretty quick.

Glenn

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 18:21
Steve,

If you haven't yet, send them a note. I think with the FSX 182Q, the avionics switch wasn't working at first. I got an update from them but I don't think its on the updates page. Looks like its time to make with the squeeky wheel thing. Knowing them, this will get fixed pretty quick.

Glenn

I did that just as soon as I saw your first post on it, Glenn. Thanks.

cheers,

cheezyflier
October 24th, 2008, 18:39
those guys are real good about making things right.

doublecool
October 24th, 2008, 18:42
Here I was waiting for the 182 Fix Hmmm...is it an easy fix...:kilroy:

bkeske
October 24th, 2008, 19:03
Just download it again.

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 19:40
Two hours and twenty minutes after I emailed Carenado about my problems with the 152 they emailed me back a new cfg and it now loads up just fine. :ernae: This kind of customer service makes it easy to buy from Carenado again. :applause:

I'm sure you got it too, Glenn, but let me know if not and I'll get it to you.

cheers,

heywooood
October 24th, 2008, 19:48
huh...I wasn't having any problems with the c152 - what was changed in the .cfg I wonder..?

on the customer service front - that is impressive :ernae:

I really like these Carenado planes...hopefully soon they will have the V35 done, yes?

Epsillon
October 24th, 2008, 20:12
This one will have to wait but this is a nice plane!
Thanks for the screenshots, guys...:wavey:

Stephan

glennc
October 24th, 2008, 20:49
Steve,

You stole my thunder. :173go1:. Two hours on a Friday night is impressive. Apparently it didn't affect everyone. Flies well, doesn't it? It fits very well at Plum Island.

Glenn

pbearsailor
October 24th, 2008, 21:40
Steve,

You stole my thunder. :173go1:. Two hours on a Friday night is impressive. Apparently it didn't affect everyone. Flies well, doesn't it? It fits very well at Plum Island.

Glenn
:jump:

glennc
October 25th, 2008, 10:00
To make things even better, Carenado did something I don't think I seen any other developer do: They sent a "dear everybody" that has bought the C152 with the new aircraft.cfg. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever gotten an e-mail from any other developer to everyone that bought a product only to find a mess. Usually, we would see an announcement about it in their own and possibly places like this and just hope we see it and don't mean mouth them too badly.

Hint to all other developers. We do have some real gentleman and ladies among us but this just adds another layer. You have my e-mail address, please use it for these kinds of situations that will pop up from time to time.

Glenn

heywooood
October 25th, 2008, 10:10
I got the email - it came with the new aircraft.cfg as an attachment.

Very nice

grunau_baby
October 25th, 2008, 10:23
WOW, my favourite Cesna in Carenado quality. I think itīll get a definite priority over the F-16 in my case! Looks very impressive!!!:applause:

Alex

cheezyflier
October 25th, 2008, 11:01
those guys are top notch, for sure. i won't tell you what they offered to do for me when i had a problem with the 206, but it's something i doubt anyone else would have done. i won't hesitate to buy from them in the future, and i reccomend them highly to anyone who might ask. :applause:

bkeske
October 25th, 2008, 11:08
Yep, I got the new config as well, and had a constant exchange with them this morning.

My radios still are not turning on when starting in a 'cold and dark' state (starting up the default 172 first). I still have to hit Ctrl+e after starting the engine before the radios turn on. This, even after a reinstall as suggested to me this morning.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems they have not heard anyone else bring this up.

Not really a biggy, just more of a nuisance.

JT8D-9A
October 25th, 2008, 11:18
Arrgh i have to wait until she will be available at FSS or Simmarket.
She looks fantastic:wavey:

glennc
October 25th, 2008, 11:41
Brian,

Yes - sorta. The power switch on the com/nav doesn't work. I have ctrl-A mapped to Avionics Master so I just use that. To be honest, I didn't want to wear out my welcome after the Overstress fix since I can make it work. They had an avionics problem with the 182-X right after it came out that they fixed like what we saw last night.

Glenn

bkeske
October 25th, 2008, 11:51
Brian,

Yes - sorta. The power switch on the com/nav doesn't work. I have ctrl-A mapped to Avionics Master so I just use that. To be honest, I didn't want to wear out my welcome after the Overstress fix since I can make it work. They had an avionics problem with the 182-X right after it came out that they fixed like what we saw last night.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, at least I know it isn't me. I have been very cordial with them, and we were swapping emails almost in real time this morning, but they seemed to think this wasn't an issue which has been raised, and it may be just my 'local set-up'.

As I say, it really isn't a big deal. I can change the aircrfat.cfg (in the electrical section) and make 'avionics' to run from the main bus ('0') instead of the avionics bus ('1'), but not sure if this will cause any other electrical problems. But it does turn on the radios with the master this way.

I have only seen this happen with other simple aircrfat that do not have an avionics switch. Perhaps it is an 'FS thing'.

On a positive note I did pick up a very nice used Husqvarna snow blower today in anticipation of winter :mixedsmi:......you guys in Texas don't have to worry bout such things.:d

Anneke
October 25th, 2008, 11:58
Nobody seems bothered by the missing switches for taxi lights, pitot heat and fuel? Or am I the only one missing and/or using these switches?

bkeske
October 25th, 2008, 12:03
They are missing on mine as well Anneke, and I mentioned them.

The pitot heat 'flip-flop', (was told to me), would be taken care of in an update. No mention regarding the other missing switches, or the fuel valve switch. Perhaps the others will be fixed in that update as well.

sim-paticissimo
October 25th, 2008, 12:08
It seems to me that the p-factor is inverted...
Anyone else have this issue?

glennc
October 25th, 2008, 12:44
I mentioned one of my developer pet peaves on another forum several months ago. It seems to have gotten better, but every once in a while. . . The peave was that some developers would leave out things like avionics masters, generators, or alternators. The apparent assumption was that everyone started FS and default flights using the FS standard- everything on approach. People like us messed up their world view. In Carenado's case, they know better but every once in a while something gets passed the test (beta) pilots.

Glenn

gajit
October 25th, 2008, 13:32
I mentioned one of my developer pet peaves on another forum several months ago. It seems to have gotten better, but every once in a while. . . The peave was that some developers would leave out things like avionics masters, generators, or alternators. The apparent assumption was that everyone started FS and default flights using the FS standard- everything on approach. People like us messed up their world view. In Carenado's case, they know better but every once in a while something gets passed the test (beta) pilots.

Glenn

I agree - for me Carenado are the masters - if every addon was made by Carenado FSX would be a brilliant world.

Keep them coming Carenado :applause:

An-225
October 25th, 2008, 16:53
I got to fly a Cessna 152 for my 14th birthday this year - through 30 knot gusts. I can't wait to buy this, but does anyone know whether Just Flight or Aerosoft plan to box it?

heywooood
October 25th, 2008, 17:05
In case there are any other Carenado fans out there waiting patiently for the V35 Bonanza... In reply to the Email they sent me re: the c152 .cfg replacement file I thanked them for the great customer service and mentioned how much I am anticipating release of the V-tail Bonanza - and they responded (which I did not expect) with the statement that the V35 would be released next year...so thats only a few more months or so.

But at least we know for a fact that it will be done.

Meantime there are plenty more Carenado birds to be released between now and then so :ernae:

sim-paticissimo
October 26th, 2008, 09:00
It seems to me that the p-factor is inverted...

Sorry, sorry: the p-factor is right, I made a mistake with a wrong setting in FSUIPC!
Actually, I didn't believe that there's a bug in a Carenado dynamic... I have all their airplanes and to fly them are like to fly the real.
Carenado is not only one of the the best producer for the fsx GA planes, they are nice too, with a customer care at the top!
:icon_lol:

YQTFun
October 26th, 2008, 10:43
I agree - for me Carenado are the masters - if every addon was made by Carenado FSX would be a brilliant world.

Keep them coming Carenado :applause:

I don't know if I would go this far, but Carenado is setting the bar very high for other developers.

I recently had an issue with the 182 RG II with the cargo doors, and from the time I e-mailed the question, to the resolution and update was less than 2 hours.

That is service!
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/pug2775/C182Q/2008-9-12_17-34-12-500.jpg

bkeske
October 26th, 2008, 18:56
UPDATE: After going back and forth with Carenado on the master/radio switch situation from 'cold and dark', they have it resolved and sent me a new instrument 'cab' to replace the original in the panel folder.

Works like a charm. Fixed. :mixedsmi:

JT8D-9A
October 27th, 2008, 12:10
So those who don't see and report an error don't get an update? :d

Nice sound: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=W4l_VKcMAoM

cheezyflier
October 30th, 2008, 08:39
can anyone tell me how i can trim this plane for straight and level?
i seem to have alot of torque steer. it continually wants to turn left. i can trim for level with the trim wheel, but i don't see any way of trimming for straight other than to keep correcting with the stick. that seems to reset the trim wheel as soon as i move the stick. :banghead: i tried to use the arrow keys to correct for straight but it goes to far with just one click. anyone have a viable solution? what are the rest of you doing?

bkeske
October 30th, 2008, 08:45
mmm...I'm not having this issue, for the most part, this aircraft seems to be one of the best I have to keep straight and level. I use a yoke, and find it is pretty easy to put slight weight, or input, as required for a straight flight,.

JT8D-9A
October 30th, 2008, 08:57
I'm still waiting for her arrival at SM or FSS.
EDIT: removed.. had a hard day..

Panther_99FS
October 30th, 2008, 14:18
I'm still waiting for her arrival at SM or FSS.

I'm waiting for a Simmarket release too...

It's almost as if they use their own Carenado release to work out the bugs...(not that I'm complaining) :mixedsmi:

YQTFun
October 30th, 2008, 15:38
i seem to have alot of torque steer. it continually wants to turn left. i can trim for level with the trim wheel, but i don't see any way of trimming for straight other than to keep correcting with the stick. that seems to reset the trim wheel as soon as i move the stick. :banghead: i tried to use the arrow keys to correct for straight but it goes to far with just one click. anyone have a viable solution? what are the rest of you doing?

your talking about rudder trim here right?

Dangerous Beans
October 30th, 2008, 15:52

I dont have this plane yet but have experience the same with some others.
In the payload is it loaded with just the pilot or with pilot and passenger ?
I found that some planes will tend to keep drifting off to the left if there loaded with just the pilot but will fly straight if you add a passenger in the right seat.

heywooood
October 30th, 2008, 16:31
this is an important point - the fuel selector in the C152 and a few other Carenado planes is by default set to drain the left wing tank...it is usefull to move the selector to 'both' soon after takeoff - or drain part of the right tank first...

cheezyflier
October 30th, 2008, 19:47
i will definitely try that, but the trouble i am having happens as soon as i'm in the air.

YQTFUN, yes, i mean rudder trim. for what ever reason, i can fly the piper all day long and it doesn't do this. the carenado seems to be the only one i have that does

glennc
October 30th, 2008, 19:57
Mostly to Brian - but everyone else, too. It took a little longer for Carenado to get back to me about the nav/com power switch. He sent me a new aircraft.cfg that has the nav/com on all the time - the switch still doesn't work, but at least the radio is functional. Who knows, maybe the real aircraft they used as a model had this problem. After all, it is pushing 40 years old. :costumes: If it still has the original radio, maybe that explains a couple things. But, touching the SQ and VOL knobs, moves the power switch, still no power change - the radio stays on. He asked me to try it and report results. I have done that.

Glenn

bkeske
October 31st, 2008, 05:57
mmmm.....hey Glenn, the gauge file they sent me works fine, and I don't believe it had any effect on the SQ/VOL. knobs, so I'm not sure why they did not send you that file revision. I'm pretty sure I simply turn it on only via the master now, and no other switches need to be used, nor keyboard commands, but I have not flown it (or anything else) since last weekend, but this weekend is coming :icon_lol:. I still have your email addy....so.....

;)

glennc
October 31st, 2008, 06:42
Brian,

I'm on the look-out. Many, Many thanks. That little bird is very much fun to fly and brings back some good memories. I haven't tried yet, I thought I'd wait till it all settles down, but I may have to put a GNS430 in it. I don't know which one yet.

Glenn

YQTFun
October 31st, 2008, 07:52
i will definitely try that, but the trouble i am having happens as soon as i'm in the air.

YQTFUN, yes, i mean rudder trim. for what ever reason, i can fly the piper all day long and it doesn't do this. the carenado seems to be the only one i have that does

I noticed a similar tendency in the Stationair, and to a lesser extent in the 182, but both were managed with rudder trim, that being said, I did not look further into it, and maybe I should have.

Damn fine airplanes though :)

rdyoung
October 31st, 2008, 11:08
I noticed a similar tendency in the Stationair, and to a lesser extent in the 182, but both were managed with rudder trim, that being said, I did not look further into it, and maybe I should have.

I noticed this tendency with the 182 also. I did not care for it and found that the engine location was slightly offset from the centreline. An adjustment in the Aircraft.cfg file seemed to alleviate the tendency:

engine.0 = 2.74, 0.00, 0, //was 2.74, -0.05, 0,

Perhaps a similar tweak would help with the 152 although this was likely intended to be offset for realism?

Rick

bkeske
October 31st, 2008, 16:36
I'm on the look-out. Many, Many thanks.

Sent Glenn.

glennc
October 31st, 2008, 20:15
Brian, Got it, but I think I'm a bit bumfuzzled :isadizzy:(that's the technical term) - it does exactly the same thing the aircraft.cfg Carenado sent me does. I think I'll try a reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Many thanks,

Glenn

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 06:18
It's out at SIMMARKET now

JT8D-9A
November 2nd, 2008, 06:43
Bug-free? Thanks for the HU!

An-225
November 2nd, 2008, 20:53
Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know whether either Aerosoft or Just Flight intend to offer a boxed version?

dhl1986
October 29th, 2009, 09:39
I hate to go grave digging, but is it possible for someone to email me a copy of the updated config for the 152? I get overstress errors when spawning, and my plane by default has no fuel in it. I have had to enable unlimited fuel and turn off crash detection just to be able to fly the thing. I emailed Carenado three days ago, but have yet to get a response.

dhl1986@gmail.com is my email. Much appreciated!

IanP
October 29th, 2009, 09:50
That sounds like a saved flight issue, rather than an aircraft issue (well, it definitely isn't an aircraft issue to start with no fuel!)

How are you starting FSX and loading the aircraft?