PDA

View Full Version : A question to aircraft developers...

gera
September 16th, 2009, 12:39
Why do you, except for a very few, always make planes that have many others already done?...well done that is. How many more Mustangs, P-47īs, Me-109īs, 737īs!!!, Airbus family!!!!?...etc are on the works???....
I canīt do any for the Sim field, but I do scratchbuild solid wood models and the usual answer in the modeling world, both plastics and others, is that " you were a kid no? you loved the P-51 or Me-109 so you wanted to make one. Kids are still being born and eventually they want to make the P-51 or Me-109", so the manufactures keep dishing out those kits for the new generations..etc....etc...--------does this apply for Sim models???....there are so many wonderul aircraft that would be great in our sims and probably will never see the sim skies if this trend applies here too......OH, whoīs got a "new" Corsair coming soon????:gameoff::gameoff::isadizzy:

Slund
September 16th, 2009, 12:47
I think it's the simple fact that most developers build what there interested in. I built 7-8 aircraft models for Fs9 and they were all vintage helicopter designs because that was what I was interested in and wanted to fly. It would be hard to put in the hours required (1000+) to build an FSX model of moderate standards if you didn't have a personal interest in it, even if you were getting paid (poorly mind you) for it.

gera
September 16th, 2009, 12:48
I think it's the simple fact that most developers build what there interested in. I built 7-8 aircraft models for Fs9 and they were all vintage helicopter designs because that was what I was interested in and wanted to fly. It would be hard to put in the hours required (1000+) to build an FSX model of moderate standards if you didn't have a personal interest in it, even if you were getting paid (poorly mind you) for it.

Good point, I also think that is one of the main reasons. I basically have the same attitude when I make my adventure flights, I tend to make them where "I would like to see them and fly them".

Henry
September 16th, 2009, 12:52
Just a fact of life!
with the exception of a few, Piglet, etc
its the freeware devs who have more choice
payware devs have to create something that will sell
and freeware devs build what they want
there are a few aircraft that i would love to see
if i could build them
and im sure a lot of people would say the same
we just have to take what is given
H

Slug Flyer
September 16th, 2009, 12:55
The greater the notability and popularity of a particular aircraft, the more developers there are who will be interested in. They also know that there will be more people interested in acquiring their work, for the same reason.

spotlope
September 16th, 2009, 12:57
The old standards are also much easier, in general, to find source data for. Plus (and obviously, this doesn't apply to freeware), it's been proven repeatedly that aircraft that most people are familiar with sell much better than those that are rare. Again, just a fact of life.

Henry
September 16th, 2009, 13:00
The old standards are also much easier, in general, to find source data for.
now that is also a great point
H

Tweek
September 16th, 2009, 13:02
If you build it well enough, most aircraft will sell well. The Aerosoft H-1 and Lotus L-39 are good examples of this. Not exactly classics, and not the most well known (at least by Spitfire/P-51 standards), yet they've been built to an incredibly high standard and as such have sold well.

gera
September 16th, 2009, 13:08
now that is also a great point
H

good point too....

guzler
September 16th, 2009, 13:37
Wel I think that everybody should stop building what thy want and start building me an FSX Stirling & Halifax :icon_lol:

Good one that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawdawg
September 16th, 2009, 14:43
Wel I think that everybody should stop building what thy want and start building me an FSX Stirling & Halifax :icon_lol:

Good one that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get right on that.
Should be done say...bout next week two O' clock.

Roadburner440
September 16th, 2009, 14:50
Don't forget the Tu-95 bomber and Tu-114 prop liner. I am with Henry though. Just got to be grateful for what is given and keep hoping the next "secret project" by any developer is one of those obscure relic's aviation history has forgotten.

vstudios
September 16th, 2009, 15:07
Developers tend to stick to something thats safe, well known and knows something about past related sales, thus pushing them towards releasing something safe.

Ive had a different approach for our next project which is the P-36 / Hawk 75 / Mohawk, its not that popular and I dont think there is one for FSX, i could be wrong though.

But still something different :icon_lol:

If it fails on sales, then its back to the corsair :bump:

heywooood
September 16th, 2009, 15:38
I have two words for this thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/p26_usafm_10oc.jpg

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/Kyosho-Stinson-Reliant.jpg

thank you

spotlope
September 16th, 2009, 16:02
Peashooter! Yesssssss!!!

Naki
September 16th, 2009, 16:30
A Stinson Reliant ..yesssssssss!

A P-36 would be nice as well.

Kiwikat
September 16th, 2009, 17:39
Gera, remember many planes you see now have been done before, but not for FSX. As you know, I fly almost exclusively native FSX aircraft, and I know several other people here do too. So in many cases its not about having ANOTHER P-51, P-47, Spitfire, etc., but its about having a FSX NATIVE version of them.

CodyValkyrie
September 16th, 2009, 18:03
Many companies do branch out from the regular aircraft you might expect. Unfortunately, sales can tend to lead them to safer waters at times. When you are trying to put food on your table, sometimes taking a risk is taking a risk with your family....