PDA

View Full Version : Tween the Bezel and the Deep Blue Sea

Seadog
September 15th, 2009, 19:31
All the parties involved, Stasi Poulos of Mindstar, Ron Hamilton of Eaglesoft Development Group and William Ortis of Lionheart Creations, owe us, their customers, and Father Bill Leaming, the apparently accused, an update on the vague allegations of copyright infringement made by Mindstar regarding its Garmin G1000.

Our story to date: William Ortis of Lionheart posts that he has received a written accusation from Mindstar that his Garmin infringes on Mindstar's copyright. He is dumbfounded since he has a Garmin 900 which he created from scratch and has the files to prove it, while Mindstar offers a Garmin 1000 that was released after the Lionheart one. Seems a pretty complete defense. Ron Hamilton of Eaglesoft chimes in a day later that he has received the same complaint from Mindstar, a then contract partner of Eaglesoft, and speculates what might be the cause of the complaint, but later notes that such speculation was unfounded. He also notes later, without explication, that the situation between Mindstar and Eaglesoft has been resolved, and wishes Lionheart the very best.

Meanwhile, Eaglesoft removes all references to Mindstar from its website. A warm endorsement of Mindstar's product remains on Lionheart's website, where it is recommended as a significant step up from the base product offered by Lionheart.

On behalf of Mindstar, Mr. Poulos posts that all three businesses (Mindstar, Eaglesoft and Lionheart) have been scandalously victimized by some other party, and they just want to work out the problem quietly. Whereupon, the well-known Priest, Father Bill Leaming, states that he caused the furor by inadvertently posting for a day a bitmap that included a copyrighted image from Mindstar's Garmin 1000's bezel, and then took it down. The post had nothing to do with Eaglesoft or Lionheart products, for all that is revealed.

Nothing that has been disclosed shows any possible copyright problem with Lionheart's products, yet its Kodiak and Epic aren't available, and current customers can't get updates. Likewise, nothing that has been disclosed shows any possible actionable copyright violation against Father Bill, yet he remains clearly accused, hung out to await further details.

Sim-Outhouse closed the threads earlier to give the presumably well-intentioned parties time to work this out privately and present a resolution. They haven't done so. Father Bill remains apparently accused and in limbo. Customers can't get their updates. Mindstar hasn't even come close to justifying either of these effects. Eaglesoft has left the field without comment, and shell-shocked Lionheart hasn't responded. Mr. Poulos sought secrecy to quickly work out what was turning into a public relations disaster. With the grant of that secrecy came the duty to work it out promptly and release customers from the burden of the dispute. That duty has not been fulfilled and the privilege of secrecy should be lifted.

txnetcop
September 15th, 2009, 21:05
What is your interest in this? How are you involved?
Ted

tigisfat
September 15th, 2009, 22:39
I'm a customer too, and I don't think they owe me any explanation of their internal struggles. I'm not even entitled to know anything about their business. It's quite literally none of my business.

Sorry man, I'm only entitled to customer support and fair product information.

Do you get emailed a list of who's hired, fired and retired and other goings on from your automotive manufacturer?

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 23:51
A warm endorsement of Mindstar's product remains on Lionheart's website, where it is recommended as a significant step up from the base product offered by Lionheart.

SeaDog

That was definately removed.

:d

Smudge
September 16th, 2009, 00:11
Shame...looks on the surface to be another attempt to stir the pot.

:monkies:

Mithrin
September 16th, 2009, 00:43
On a much brighter note, I had pancakes for lunch.

God this stuff is confusing...

tigisfat
September 16th, 2009, 00:56
On a much brighter note, I had pancakes for lunch.

You don't say, eh?:ernae:

That sounds pretty tasty. I could go for some pancakes right about now. My girlfriend brought me home a turkey leg from the County fair here, so I really shouldn't get to cookin' some pancakes.

Tim_Horton
September 16th, 2009, 05:17
I suggest a admin slap this boy and bring him down on his post. The title makes no sense to the topic, and the topic makes no sense to the viewers....

its a waste...

I like pancakes, but never had a turkey leg in a pancake before.

ryanbatc
September 16th, 2009, 05:53
Maaat Damooon.....awec badwin!!!

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 09:35
Waffles!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Henry
September 16th, 2009, 09:48
That would be
3 orders of Fries and 2 big Macks
no onions on one and one with no cheese
and tomatoes
wait i need onion on the other one but no cheese
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/cell.jpg
well makes as much sence
as the thread:icon_lol:
H

bushpilot
September 16th, 2009, 09:51
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/cell.jpg

Watch out for those dudes, they seem to be undercover FBI, they definitely will raid your cargo hold.

txnetcop
September 16th, 2009, 09:56
I suggest a admin slap this boy and bring him down on his post. The title makes no sense to the topic, and the topic makes no sense to the viewers....

its a waste...

I like pancakes, but never had a turkey leg in a pancake before.

After looking at what Seadog wrote he asked me to delete it as it was meant tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately it didn't come out quite the way he meant it. I don't see any reason to delete it you guys have handled it perfectly! What an awesome bunch of guys and gals we have at SOH!!!:ernae:
Ted

Like Bill I like Waffles-great big waffles with an egg on top...in fact that will be dinner tonight LOL

Henry
September 16th, 2009, 09:58
Watch out for those dudes, they seem to be undercover FBI, they definitely will raid your cargo hold.
Nah actually they are taking bets as to if i can actually take off
and not hit the fence!
or Hello hello
is this the FDA
Henry is attempting to fly solo
and i saw him crawl to the plane
with a big bottle of Jack Daniels
LOL
H

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 10:06
You MUST have them with an egg on top.... Bottom line.

Henry's request reminds me of the famous skit years ago in Saturday Night Live....

Couldnt find it on YouTube, but found the real deal!

8rpoZHT-boA

CG_1976
September 16th, 2009, 10:10
I'll have chopped moose Steak and eggs and waffles. Oh wait that was my morning meal today lol serious.

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 10:27
The official unveiling of my newest texture.

spotlope
September 16th, 2009, 10:29
I like your bezel, Bill. When my friend asks, like, dude, how high are you? I can be all like, duuuude, let me just click this alt button and I'll tell ya. Far out.

bushpilot
September 16th, 2009, 10:40
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10872&d=1253125640

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7uRoN425RxU/RY2L_UdN6tI/AAAAAAAAACQ/f84GLsGhNh4/s320/big+lebowski.jpg

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 10:43
I call it 'extreme grooviness'. :d

And yes Bill... The Alt. flower power button tells you how high you are. :d

Bill

txnetcop
September 16th, 2009, 11:02
Takes me back to my teens GROOVY-RIGHT ON!

Dang just after I wrote that Jefferson Airplane came on the radio-FAR OUT

Bjoern
September 16th, 2009, 11:25

That sounds wrong in like sixty different ways. :isadizzy: :bump:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Smileys/hippie.gif

Dang just after I wrote that Jefferson Airplane came on the radio-FAR OUT

Grace Slick, oh yeah! :jump:

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 11:40
Bjoern,

Dude, I really dig that icon you're using. Like, is that from here?

Groovydellic!

Looks like I'll have to watch an Austin Powers spy thriller tonight and brush up on my 70's lingo..

Bill

Henry
September 16th, 2009, 11:46
well Bill as you let the cat out of the bag
it fits nicely in this
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/groovy.jpg
now thats FAB
H:kilroy:

Wombat_VC
September 16th, 2009, 18:30
The year is 1962. The "latest" Beetle Caravan has a new feature - a Groovy G1000... err... GPS?

MudMarine
September 16th, 2009, 19:48

Far out dude!! That's like totally Psyco-del-ic and stuff! Wow, tripp'n!! I love pancakes when I get the munchies; if ya know what I mean! :isadizzy:

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 20:01
I like have this idea... for like a boot screen theme...

Chacha
September 16th, 2009, 20:08
You guys are hilarious..... :naturesm: :naturesm: :naturesm:

Can I have a tuna melt, double cheese..... and a huge glass of cranberry juice... with lotsa ice...

And Hannah wants curly fries with Grey poupon mustard.... (pictures from Flickr)

Lionheart,

Can I have a hotpink version of that instead of black....

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 20:18
And Hannah wants curly fries with Grey poupon mustard....

MY FAVE!!!!!!!!!!!! but also with barbecue sauce with that mustard.. you must be exotic with your tastes... :d

Lionheart,

Can I have a hotpink version of that instead of black....

Not a problem. Give me 2 days as I am getting things running again.

old uncle bill with the GIGANTIC GRAY EYEBROWS!!!

JamesChams
September 16th, 2009, 22:13
Here's my contribution to this "Flower Child" food bazzar...

Why? Why? Why? :wiggle:

Download HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.8 by James F. Chams (http://x-plane.org/home/JamesChams/AI_Carrier_Addon_Aircraft_Configurations.txt)

Thanks, Bill (Lionheart) :engel016:,for the Epic v1.8 Update.:applause:
:wavey:

Bjoern
September 17th, 2009, 09:13
Dude, I really dig that icon you're using. Like, is that from here?

No, from another forum uploaded to my Photobucket account.

I find most smileys avaiable on SOH quite...unsuited for the majority of conversations here, thus my personal collection.

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 10:24
No, from another forum uploaded to my Photobucket account.

I find most smileys avaiable on SOH quite...unsuited for the majority of conversations here, thus my personal collection.

Not everyone has their own 'custom' private icons and smileys. Must be nice.

Bill

n4gix
September 17th, 2009, 11:09
And Hannah wants curly fries with Grey poupon mustard.... (pictures from Flickr)

I've never understood why anyone would want gray poop on their food... :bump:

Henry
September 17th, 2009, 11:13
Thats French Cuisine:engel016:
LOL
H

Bjoern
September 17th, 2009, 11:17
Not everyone has their own 'custom' private icons and smileys. Must be nice.

Some guy in another forum constantly and solely uses some custom rasta/jamaican style smileys. Makes for a nice change from the usual stuff, actually.

Chacha
September 17th, 2009, 11:41

Try it, I will send you a sample.... and you'll be hooked!

tigisfat
September 17th, 2009, 16:18
I love that this thread is still going. :applause:

spotlope
September 17th, 2009, 16:24
Let's see....

Hippie GPS? check.
Aircraft Carriers? check.
Dijon Mustard? check.
Rastafarian emoticons? check.

Yep, that about covers it. :applause:

N2056
September 17th, 2009, 16:28
Ya forgot the Tuna Melt... :d

CG_1976
September 17th, 2009, 16:28
What's this No Coffee :angryfir:

Chacha
September 17th, 2009, 16:45
One Coffe coming up! .... Irish Coffee, Sumatra Coffee, or tea! (did I hear Ortis) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: (pictures from yahoo)

Sorry Bill, can't help it!

CG_1976
September 17th, 2009, 16:57
Mmmm Irish Coffee or Cuban Coffee.

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 17:00
For a radical coffee that will grow hair on your chest in min's, try some Southern Chickory coffee from Louisianna (or there abouts).

ooooo lah lah... whewwww!

That will keep you up for days and dialate your eyes for 2 weeks.

Bill

spotlope
September 17th, 2009, 17:31
For a radical coffee that will grow hair on your chest in min's, try some Southern Chickory coffee from Louisianna (or there abouts).

ooooo lah lah... whewwww!

That will keep you up for days and dialate your eyes for 2 weeks.

Bill

Go whole hog while you're at it and have a half dozen beignets as well.

JamesChams
September 17th, 2009, 18:31
How about some "Nut & Honey" to go with that? :icon29:
Or as some of you say... "Nothing Honey!" to your wives.:kilroy: