PDA

View Full Version : A true folk hero was born

hubbabubba
September 15th, 2009, 12:34
During researches, I found that "true story" in a PDF;

Captain William E. Eisenhart , 359BS Operations Officer who flew with B/Gen. Travis, became somewhat of a folk hero after the mission. Several months previous the
359BS had instituted a policy that pilots should not leave the cockpit area during a mission
to urinate in the bomb bay. Pilots were advised to crack their cockpit side window, get up
on their haunches and let the slipstream carry their urine outside. This effective technique
was done on a strict condition that the pilot would personally clean the window area
immediately after landing. During the 21 September mission Captain Eisenhart used this
method to relieve himself, only to discover that General Travis was smoking and had
cracked his window, which created a cross draft. Some of the urine swirled in the cockpit
and hit the General full in his face. Upon landing General Travis chewed out Captain Eisenhart for a full half hour, threatened him with a court martial, ordered him to
immediately take down the bulletin board notice letter on the suggested urination method,
advised him that he was going to award the DFC to 1st Lts. Smith and Counts, but was
“damned if he would award a DFC” to him. Later Captain Eisenhart was known as the
only Captain who had urinated in the face of a General and got away with it. Such is how
folk heroes are born.

in http://www.303rdbg.com/missionreports/245.pdf

Couldn't resist to share with you this. Hope you laugh as much as I did! In fact, I'm still laughing:icon_lol:...

Wildfowler
September 15th, 2009, 16:02
Fantastic!!!

Similar to the story from 617Sqn. During the war some pilots of which, who after an evening on the beer, :guinness: some, with an urgent need to relieve themselves after retiring to their rooms decided to do so in unison out of their respective first floor room windows.:kilroy:

Unfortunatly the Station Commanders Wife was giving her pet Poodle a late walk on the path below!!:running::isadizzy:

Pratt&Whitney
September 18th, 2009, 12:16
Upon reflection...

When you piss into the wind, and some of it happens to get blown back up in your face... at least it's your own... :kilroy: