PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze Dies

Trans_23
September 14th, 2009, 16:56
Patrick Swayze died today after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/patrick-swayze-dies-at-57_article_19658?__source=rss%7Clatest_news

RIP Patrick

Navy Chief
September 14th, 2009, 17:19
That is so, so sad. I know he battled with his illness for quite some time.

NC

MaskRider
September 14th, 2009, 17:23
Very sad news indeed. I really admired Swayze for the way he hung tough and stayed productive right up till the end. Happy trails!:icon29:

Dangerousdave26
September 14th, 2009, 17:31
RIP :engel016:

Henry
September 14th, 2009, 17:35
:medals::medals::medals:
A true talent and a true person
H

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 17:45
This makes me so mad. I was so hoping he would beat this evil desease.

Rest in peace Patrick. You fought like a warrior. May you know peace and rest with no pain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_swayze

Bill

Cactuskid
September 14th, 2009, 18:16
RIP Patrick Swayze. I always liked him. Maybe I'll watch "Red Dawn" or "The Outsiders" tonight.

b24_witchcraft
September 14th, 2009, 18:18
Sad to hear of this. Great actor and gentleman - Roadhouse and Point Break were my favorites of his films.
Cancer sucks. He fought the good fight like a warrior. I was truly hoping for a miracle for him.
I just might go out and rent Roadhouse or Point Break soon.
RIP Patrick - we will miss you.

cheezyflier
September 14th, 2009, 18:19
RIP Patrick Swayze. I always liked him. Maybe I'll watch "Red Dawn" or "The Outsiders" tonight.

red dawn is one of my favs, but he made lots of cool ones.

hews500d
September 14th, 2009, 18:30
I've seen too many people and loved ones die from this terrible disease. We can put a man on the moon and remotely navigate space probes millions of miles away but we can't cure a stinkin' disease... :confused:

RIP Patrick..

Darrell

Cloud9Gal
September 14th, 2009, 18:31
Oh no! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/no.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

That makes me real sad.http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/sorry.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com) I have always loved him and admired his talent.

May he rest in peace~

Blessings to his wife, children and family~

Cloud9Gal
September 14th, 2009, 18:32
I've seen too many people and loved ones die from this terrible disease. We can put a man on the moon and remotely navigate space probes millions of miles away but we can't cure a stinkin' disease... :confused:

RIP Patrick..

Darrell

I sooooooo agree with you! I am a firm believer that the cure to cancer DOES exist!

Bone
September 14th, 2009, 18:53
Very sad news. RIP.

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 19:01
Red Dawn is awesome!

That really woke up America....

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d

luckydog
September 14th, 2009, 19:10
Red Dawn was great.......but my favorite was Dirty Dancing.

Have fun on the next level, Patrick....

Talon
September 14th, 2009, 19:47
RIP Patrick

I saw most of his movies but I always liked the TV Mini series he was in "North and South" the best.

Talon

Willy
September 14th, 2009, 19:53
A great actor and he didn't wear his politics on his sleeve like so many celebrities do. He'll be missed.

MaddogK
September 14th, 2009, 19:56
Sad to hear of this. Great actor and gentleman - Roadhouse and Point Break were my favorites of his films.
Cancer sucks. He fought the good fight like a warrior. I was truly hoping for a miracle for him.
I just might go out and rent Roadhouse or Point Break soon.
RIP Patrick - we will miss you.

Sad indeed, but we'll always have Point Break. I'm sure he's catching some awesome waves upstairs as we speak.

:engel016:

Cactuskid
September 14th, 2009, 20:01
Well I found the Patrick Swayze movie I'm gonna watch tonight... Remember "Uncommon Valor"?

txnetcop
September 14th, 2009, 20:06
Very sad! A genuine good guy with a warriors heart. You will be missed Patrick
Ted

Watched Road House this last Saturday-great show!

CG_1976
September 14th, 2009, 20:17
Indeed Sad news RIP Patrick Swayze. I think I'll go watch some North and South mini Series DVD's.

Chacha
September 14th, 2009, 20:27
I sooooooo agree with you! I am a firm believer that the cure to cancer DOES exist!

Isaiah 53:5
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

:engel016: :engel016: :engel016:

Rest In Peace Patrick!

Naismith
September 15th, 2009, 01:49
"the chastisement of our peace was upon Him" & "and with His stripes we are healed"
What on earth does that mean?...... seriously I'd like to know.

Snuffy
September 15th, 2009, 03:01
well lets see he was 57 .... mmm I'm 53 soon to be 54 ... I got 3 years tops.

:kilroy:

R.I.P. Patrick. :engel016:

bushpilot
September 15th, 2009, 03:28
Rest In Peace Patric:engel016:

Really really great actor, with some memorable performances. One of my favorites will always be his portrayal of Bodhi in Point Break.

Quixoticish
September 15th, 2009, 03:40
"the chastisement of our peace was upon Him" & "and with His stripes we are healed"
What on earth does that mean?...... seriously I'd like to know.

Absolutely nothing.

Snuffy
September 15th, 2009, 04:28
Moderators, I beg pardon briefly.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
At the sake of derailing this thread in honor of Mr. Swayze ... Let me try to explain what I got out of the previous comments Nain. Maybe it'll help you some.<o:p></o:p>
You'll note that Chacha quoted C9G who was replying to a previous post about the dismay that as humans we can do many things, but we can not cure cancer.<o:p></o:p>

I sooooooo agree with you! I am a firm believer that the cure to cancer DOES exist!<o:p></o:p>
C9G just affirmed her belief in the human ability to overcome adversity by her comment.<o:p></o:p>
Chacha then, based on her system of belief, (which she's entitled to whether you want to believe it or not,) quoted a couple of scriptures alluding to Christ and what she believes he will do for humans in the future, thus indicating to C9G, Chacha's belief, that a cure for cancer does exist, and that quite possibly, it does not belong to man to cure ... but belongs to her savior, she said ...<o:p></o:p>

Isaiah 53:5But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.<o:p></o:p>

Hebrews 13:8<o:p></o:p>
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.<o:p></o:p>
:engel016: :engel016: :engel016:

Rest In Peace Patrick!<o:p></o:p>
And then you come along with your inclination for disbelief, and rather than let the thread rest in memory of Mr. Swayze, or say something positive, you interject ...

"the chastisement of our peace was upon Him" & "and with His stripes we are healed" - what on earth does that mean?...... seriously I'd like to know.

At which time I'm guessing, you then took offense at the fact that someone would post something slightly religious in these forums, which is against your belief system, despite the fact this is a eulogy thread for Mr. Swayze and many times during eulogies, mention of religion and hope for the future is prevalent.<o:p></o:p>
So? Would you really like to know? Or are you just voicing your opinion .... your astonishment that something like this could be posted by someone?<o:p></o:p>
I don't see on this thread where you've previoulsy managed to express your condolences with regard to the loss of another human life first and foremost, but that you would rather with your first posting on this thread, focus on a point of contention with another forum member.

You would rather try to incite some form of religious argument ... which by forum standards are not allowed here, thus cancelling the intent of this thread.

Good job.

And now the moderators will probably lock this thread. What a shame. :kilroy:

Taco
September 15th, 2009, 04:48
RIP Patrick, you fought the like the true warrior.:medals: I also liked the "North and South" plus Ghost.

cheezyflier
September 15th, 2009, 05:12
and let's not leave out that his wife was a pilot. how cool is that!??!
also, besides film and music he was also favorably mentioned in a rap by sir mix alot called swap meet louie.

the whole swap meet went crazy
i'm sockin' more fools than patrick swayze

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 09:04
Patrick's wife was pretty cool. Poor soul went through that with him, stuck by his side, was there for him.. The entire family. I had seen a special interview with him recently. I believe it was Barbara Walters. Patrick was pretty determined to live life and conquere that evil desease. He would not give in to it. For a long time, I was praying for him daily. I had thought maybe he was free of it. This hit me by surprise.

You all with faith and hope, you keep up the faith and hope! We need more of it...

Bill

Snuffy
September 15th, 2009, 15:06
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/09/14/patrick-swayze?slide=1

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 17:57
Thanks Snuffy for the heads up on the slide show.

I totally forgot that he was in Ghost. What a brilliant film. Back then, it really got you thinking about the afterlife and dying and all. Woopy Goldberg was also in that. They all did a great part in making that film.

Bill

Snuffy
September 16th, 2009, 03:26
No problem Lionheart ....

To be perfectly honest though, I plum forgot about To Wong Foo! LOL!

Prowler1111
September 16th, 2009, 07:12
Point Break was a wake up call for me back then, i was impressed with his character, Bodhi, i ´ve lived in some way like him (sans bank robbery)and i have no problem to admit i´m part of that movie´s cult and i truly think he got touched by such characterization(as he once stated), anyway, he was cool as someone could be, sad to see him go, but at least, he got peace after his battle with cancer..RIP Patrick.

Prowler
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Lionheart
September 16th, 2009, 09:48
No problem Lionheart ....

To be perfectly honest though, I plum forgot about To Wong Foo! LOL!

Man.. That was scary how they could make those guys to look like women. I figured they used women who looked like them. Not the reverse.

:kilroy: