PDA

View Full Version : Something about a relaxing Sim flight...

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 09:35
Hey guys,

It was a terrible week, filled with stress. With all the things that went down, yesterday, I decided to take a nice relaxing flight in FS, and you know, it did wonders.

Something about a flight that just really relaxes you and gets your mind off of things. I flew a semi short flight around Arizona. I have some nice scenery enhancements, so the ground terrain is fairly realistic. (I fly in FS9). I was checking out the valleys and the clouds, watching my temps and headings. I had the girl (plane) trimmed out nicely, so no need for AP. Not bouncy up there.

Pretty darn cool that we have such an awesome, calming sim to get us through the rough times. What a blessing it can be.

:ernae:

Bill

Navy Chief
September 14th, 2009, 09:36
I agree. I need to do that more. I spend most of my time tweaking, downloading, etc.....

NC

Chacha
September 14th, 2009, 09:37
AWESOME....

It is always a blessing to find time and cure your challenging moments! :engel016:

Willy
September 14th, 2009, 09:50
I find it's even more relaxing when flying online with friends. The nights I miss flying with the rest of the guys in Flight 19 things are just not the same. Mrs Willy has even noticed it.

The something else that comes close is saddling up my horse and going for a ride.

TARPSBird
September 14th, 2009, 09:51
I like to launch out of Atsugi and make a loop around Mt. Fuji before heading south to... wherever. It takes add-on mesh to make the MS default Fuji-san look impressive (both in FS9 and CFS2) but after that it compares well to the real one. :)

Toastmaker
September 14th, 2009, 10:03
Pictures !! When you have that much fun, I demand PICTURES !!

:d

Willy
September 14th, 2009, 10:06
Pictures !! When you have that much fun, I demand PICTURES !!

:d

OK

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/106/l_93790d9ecede40539105f3340c7ccae5.jpg

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 10:13
Beautiful horses Willy!

Looks like good fun, getting outside and doing some horseback riding.

Awesome...

Henry
September 14th, 2009, 11:15
OK

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/106/l_93790d9ecede40539105f3340c7ccae5.jpg
but where's your laptop?
your'e sposed to be monitoring the site
i guess some people have a life:icon_lol:
an i dont have a horse and my Bassets legs are too short
for me to ride him
LOL
i think ill go flying
H

Navy Chief
September 14th, 2009, 11:35
I used to fly online with Flight Team Bremerhaven. It's been so long since I even logged on there, I'd be embarrassed to even try.

But I know there's a lot of folks on so many other MP servers at any given time.....

NC

Toastmaker
September 14th, 2009, 12:45
Oh yeah ! Ok, those are good. . . Nice horses !

:applause:

Trans_23
September 14th, 2009, 15:41
but where's your laptop?
your'e sposed to be monitoring the site
i guess some people have a life:icon_lol:
an i dont have a horse and my Bassets legs are too short
for me to ride him
LOL
i think ill go flying
H
Yep Henry, Bassets are definately to low to the ground for riding...

Henry
September 14th, 2009, 15:56
Yep Henry, Bassets are definately to low to the ground for riding...
yup but they are youre best friends
if you ever had one you would understand
H

Trans_23
September 14th, 2009, 16:08
yup but they are youre best friends
if you ever had one you would understand
H
The two in the picture are mine. Pebbles is 7 this year and Flower is about 6 months old now. That pic was taken right after we got her at about 8 weeks old. She is still in the kennel at night as she is still not quite potty trained and chews on everything if left unattended but Pebbles always sleeps with one of the kids (or me if the wife isn't home:icon_lol:).

Chacha
September 14th, 2009, 16:08
I find it's even more relaxing when flying online with friends. The nights I miss flying with the rest of the guys in Flight 19 things are just not the same. Mrs Willy has even noticed it.

The something else that comes close is saddling up my horse and going for a ride.

My daughter and I still fly but not online, (she yells if I crashed) I used to, but I couldn't find the IP to fly online. The next best thing for me is a ....massage.... (I can't provide pictures!)

Willy, Oh man those horses are beautiful. You are blessed with a cool ranch and three beautiful horses.... Not to mention a Mrs. Willy...

Toastmaker
September 14th, 2009, 17:31
My daughter and I still fly but not online, (she yells if I crashed) I used to, but I couldn't find the IP to fly online. The next best thing for me is a ....massage.... (I can't provide pictures!)

Willy, Oh man those horses are beautiful. You are blessed with a cool ranch and three beautiful horses.... Not to mention a Mrs. Willy...

But, . . . but. . . you must provide pictures !! come on, . . . come ON !

:kilroy:

Willy
September 14th, 2009, 19:51
Actually that's my youngest daughter in that pic. It's hard to get Mrs Willy to sit still for the camera.

Chacha
September 14th, 2009, 20:19
Oh Willy,

Beautiful daughter you've got!

But, . . . but. . . you must provide pictures !! come on, . . . come ON !

:kilroy:

OK OK OK ... If you insist; Flickr photos:

Toastmaker
September 15th, 2009, 06:16
Aw, man !! . . . well, ok. . .

:running:

Henry
September 15th, 2009, 06:52
The two in the picture are mine. Pebbles is 7 this year and Flower is about 6 months old now. That pic was taken right after we got her at about 8 weeks old. She is still in the kennel at night as she is still not quite potty trained and chews on everything if left unattended but Pebbles always sleeps with one of the kids (or me if the wife isn't home:icon_lol:).
they love sleeping with someone
Oliver my Basset loves to get under a Blanket
H

cheezyflier
September 15th, 2009, 07:12
i have been having a really stressful time lately myself. (immigration) i wish i had the hardware to make the sim immersive enough to be so relaxing as bill's. i get my relaxation from the gym. you'd never know it to look at me though :icon_lol: i don't know how to explain it, but i get even more depressed during stressful times, if i don't work out.
thank God we all have something to get us through, yes?

they love sleeping with someone
Oliver my Basset loves to get under a Blanket
H

that's funny, my beagles are like that too. must be a tri-color dog thing

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/crashed.jpg

Henry
September 15th, 2009, 07:59
i have been having a really stressful time lately myself. (immigration) i wish i had the hardware to make the sim immersive enough to be so relaxing as bill's. i get my relaxation from the gym. you'd never know it to look at me though :icon_lol: i don't know how to explain it, but i get even more depressed during stressful times, if i don't work out.
thank God we all have something to get us through, yes?

that's funny, my beagles are like that too. must be a tri-color dog thing

My Daughter has beagles
yup just smaller Bassets
except the howl
LOL
H

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 08:47
CF,

I really need to do that.... I need exercise bad, lol... When I was younger, I would take out my frustrations into swimming laps or running, or maxing out my weights when I was weightlifting. Sure made it easier to sleep, thats for sure, lol..

Here is my munchkin friend who helps me with my business. I think he is from the Otter family. That or he is part Ewok...

Bill

cheezyflier
September 15th, 2009, 13:16
AAAAA!!!! that's so cool!!!!!! he does look like an ewok! :icon_lol:

re: the workout thing - i started a new routine yesterday. i'm still a little stiff right now. :icon_lol: the difference it makes for me is amazing. i slept like a log last night, with no covers, on the 10" strip of bed the wife allows me to occupy. :wiggle:

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 15:58

He even stands on his hind feet and can walk around like that. If you are holding up something that he wants, he gets on his hind feet and walks towards you, lol... You usually never see the brown in his eyes. Sometimes, well usually, you dont see his eyes when his hair is this long.

i slept like a log last night, with no covers, on the 10" strip of bed the wife allows me to occupy. :wiggle:

Yep, I remember that feeling... lol

Chacha
September 15th, 2009, 16:14

re: the workout thing - i started a new routine yesterday. i'm still a little stiff right now. :icon_lol: the difference it makes for me is amazing. i slept like a log last night, with no covers, on the 10" strip of bed the wife allows me to occupy. :wiggle:

Oh man,

I wish I could do that! :engel016:

Bill,

Junior is a cutie! (Can we baby sit him for a week?) :icon_lol: