PDA

View Full Version : ETO - Look for the "little things"

writer301
September 28th, 2008, 11:54
Hey All ...

Well, many of you have downloaded ETO and from the feedback I am getting ... you all like it :ernae:

When you are testing it and looking around, don't forget to check out the "little" changes from CFS3. For example, check out the cities ... you will see damged buildings, etc. Also, check out the AA guns when they fire and check out in QC when enemy fighters attack your airfield ... you will see the craters left by their bombs ...

The rest I will leave for you to discover on your own :applause:
There are so many it would take over a page just to list them.

Thanks again to the development team ... we owe all of you so many thanks for your time and expertise :ernae: :medals:

DonSPa
September 28th, 2008, 11:58
are the houses damagable? i tried shooting houses but nothing happens

middle
September 28th, 2008, 12:41
There's damageable house within certain facilities. It would be a frame rate nightmare if all of the buildings in all of the cities were liable to be damaged. However it is something that we've considered. Writer's right tho, there's a lot of little things that you will eventually notice. The thing that still gets me, well, go blow up an ammo dump in the early evening and watch it for awhile.....

DonSPa
September 28th, 2008, 13:03
yeah i never gave a thought about frame rates if all buildings were destroyable,id have the sky dark with smoke if we could *lol*

middle
September 28th, 2008, 13:08
By the way, if you'd like to get an idea of how much thought and research went into this thing, open up the 1936_global_layer.csv file with notepad. It's in the Global Layer folder, for those who don't know. Open any one of those csv files and take a look at what's in there beypnd the usual stuff you would find in the stock one.