PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5

rewasiuk
September 13th, 2009, 04:58
I know that Gran Turismo 5 is really far removed from aviation but I had a look at a trailer for that upcoming game at Gamespot and if Gran Turismo 5 is as good as Gran Turismo Epilogue, Sony has another winner on its hands. The vehicle modelling and the track is totally spectacular. So, if any of you out there have PS3, get this game. Anyway, my apologies for bringing this thread to you as Gran Turismo 5 as I previously said is not at all related to aviation, but I was quite excited about the trailer and just wanted to share my thoughts. If any of you want to see this trailer go to www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com) click on the PS3 tab and the video will be there.

deimos256
September 13th, 2009, 06:08
If you have a ps3 then GT5 Prologue is the best way to go right now, it has a limited number of cars and tracks. The ingame experience is amazing, the downside is that the multiplayer is full of children more interested in bumper cars than legit, clean racing. Rumor has it that we will see this game somewhere between October and December. The Tokyo games show is coming up at the end of this month and some huge news has been promised. As a lifelong GT player I'm extremely excited for this!

Matt Wynn
September 13th, 2009, 06:18
ah yes GT Bumper cars... i have a nice tactic for that, they try cutting you up accelerate and swing into their rear quarter them going one way and you going the other should spin them out :icon_lol:

deimos256
September 13th, 2009, 06:39
honestly theres some really good online racing in Grand Theft Auto 4. The physics are pretty realistic and a large truck race is really fun!

MCDesigns
September 13th, 2009, 07:13
I'm sending this one to the newshawks guys

Lionus
September 13th, 2009, 12:03
did someone mention Gran Turismo? :mixedsmi::applause::kilroy: count me in.. I'm so going to get it once it comes out.

cheezyflier
September 13th, 2009, 12:16
there used to be a really cool motorcycle racing game for ps2. is there anything like that currently? it's really the only thing that would swing me over to getting a console.

Matt Wynn
September 13th, 2009, 12:59
i remrmber an Xbox game where right trigger did the front brake left did the rear brake, the amount of times i told new players that right was the rear brake never got boring :icon_lol: just let them have the lead till the sharp bends watch them slam on the front brake and end up off the front :icon_lol: i remember gran turismo 3 doing the rally stages in the Escudo Pikes Peak good times, am currently still addicted to X360's Halo3:icon_lol:

Jerm
September 13th, 2009, 20:13
Gran Turismo 5 is the reason I'm going to buy a PS3.

Kiwikat
September 13th, 2009, 21:31

A remake of Final Fantasy VII would be a reason I'd buy a PS3. :applause:

I'm also a fan of the GT series though, owning versions 1-4. 3 is by far the best version IMHO. I don't think 5 will make me buy a PS3... :-\

Lionus
September 14th, 2009, 05:27
there used to be a really cool motorcycle racing game for ps2. is there anything like that currently? it's really the only thing that would swing me over to getting a console.

Tourist Trophy? it's from PD (Polyphony Digital), just like Gran Turismo. AFAIK, there is no plans for continuing TT.

cheezyflier
September 14th, 2009, 08:13
Tourist Trophy? it's from PD (Polyphony Digital), just like Gran Turismo. AFAIK, there is no plans for continuing TT.

aaauuuuggghh!!!!!!!!!! T.T. was awesome! that's ezzackilly the game i was talkin about!!!

mustang
September 14th, 2009, 09:54

:icon_lol::icon_lol: GT5 is the reason I bought a PS3 when it first came out. Imagine the pent up anticipation that I've endured all this time.:icon29:

strega13
September 14th, 2009, 19:59
i remrmber an Xbox game where right trigger did the front brake left did the rear brake, the amount of times i told new players that right was the rear brake never got boring :icon_lol: just let them have the lead till the sharp bends watch them slam on the front brake and end up off the front
that would be the MOTO GP series ( moto GP 3 for sure had that feature , and not sure but think the others in the series do too ) .
still hooked right now on forza motorsports 2 on my roommate's xbox 360 ( especialy recreating racing repaints on the cars ) and can't wait for forza 3 this october to race with the Bugatti Veyron .

Lionus
September 16th, 2009, 07:24
well, GT5 will have all the cars that were in GT4.. so, we will get most accurately modelled Tank Car from Jay Leno, DeLorean ( without time warp capability sadly), and Model T Ford.. oh, and Every Corvette ever produced, every SkylineGT-R/Lancer Evolution/Impreza/other noteworthy sportscar or iconic classic car.. Including gullwing 300SL and Toyota 2000GT