PDA

View Full Version : 'Have A Lookee...'

Panther_99FS
September 12th, 2009, 18:59
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=250116#post250116

Scratch
September 12th, 2009, 20:15
That is a beautiful a/c. I wish it would be completed.

Flyboy208
September 12th, 2009, 20:31
What the heck, why does this person post teaser pics and then decide to quit? I am sure there are personal resons, but I would love to see a Fairey Swordfish for FSX.

Mike :isadizzy:

Lionheart
September 12th, 2009, 21:20
FS is dying off....

Sascha66
September 13th, 2009, 00:38
Looks well on the road to completion, a shame not to finish it (hint hint):isadizzy:

tigisfat
September 13th, 2009, 01:41
Is this another thread where someone capable of beautiful of work claims to be quitting MSFS/SO/developing or any combination thereof just to get attention? Every time we have an argument here, there are about 4 'I quit' threads which are immediately filled with people grovelling and begging them to stay. The quitter is usually seen posting within a day at their normal rate. Most of the time I could care less, but this is an exceptional model. I kinda hope the guy stays, but I won't grovel.
:monkies:

Lateral-G
September 13th, 2009, 05:58
Is this another thread where someone capable of beautiful of work claims to be quitting MSFS/SO/developing or any combination thereof just to get attention? Every time we have an argument here, there are about 4 'I quit' threads which are immediately filled with people grovelling and begging them to stay. The quitter is usually seen posting within a day at their normal rate. Most of the time I could care less, but this is an exceptional model. I kinda hope the guy stays, but I won't grovel.
:monkies:

I have to agree. What's the point of making a post showing your work (which is fabulous) then saying I'm shelving it without giving a reason. Seems like a cry for attention......

-G-

MCDesigns
September 13th, 2009, 07:10
I have to agree. What's the point of making a post showing your work (which is fabulous) then saying I'm shelving it without giving a reason. Seems like a cry for attention......

-G-

Isn't every post of a WIP? While I am not using this topic as an example, people have insecurities and are constantly looking for positive reinforcement for things they do that 'they' feel proud of, it's human nature.

Lateral-G
September 13th, 2009, 08:21
Isn't every post of a WIP? While I am not using this topic as an example, people have insecurities and are constantly looking for positive reinforcement for things they do that 'they' feel proud of, it's human nature.

Sure, posting WIP's, screenies, etc. is a grab for attention. But what purpose does it serve to post WIP's then say "I'm shelving it". That's just a tease for the sake of teasing or looking for folks to grovel and beg which in some twisted way inflates the ego of the teaser. Then they come back and say "oh...OK...I'll finish it since you guys like it so much". What was their intention all along? To bin the model or just look for an ego stroke by taunting us with a threat of not finishing something that looks so nice?

If the designer is making the model for himself and getting joy from the process of making and then sharing that joy with other then fine. If however, they are doing for ego's sake alone and want everyone to genuflect and grovel with praise then they can keep it.

I'm sure others feel different but that's how I feel..

-G-

centuryseries
September 13th, 2009, 09:02
Maybe he means "shelving it" as in putting it on the shop shelves? lol

Bjoern
September 13th, 2009, 13:14
Solution: Publish source files, let someone else finish it, done.

crashaz
September 14th, 2009, 09:22
Well I made an offer to provide Bismarck for his release.... can package it with his Stringbag. Hope he finishes.

Geez... now we cant provide screenshots because we are looking 'needy' now? For a freeware developer.... it becomes a point of pride and precision... so if it does not have exactly what they want... they may just not have the time to finish it the way they want.

I have a ton of ships sitting in GMAX files.... real life has just prevented me from finishing.

Go easy on him... sheesh.

Tweek
September 14th, 2009, 10:01
For a freeware developer.... it becomes a point of pride and precision... so if it does not have exactly what they want... they may just not have the time to finish it the way they want.

Nobody is taking issue with the fact that he may not be finishing it - that's entirely up to him - but what is the point in posting shots and tell everyone that basically they'll never get their hands on it? As has been said, it's either to tease, and/or to get people begging him to carry on.

If it's the latter, even a simple "I'm not sure about what I'm doing right now, so I'd just like to know if there's any demand for what I'm currently working on" would be a perfectly reasonable alternative to "here's what I've done, but you can't have it [unless you tell me otherwise]".

Mathias
September 14th, 2009, 10:41
Well, frankly ya'll won't miss a lot if you don't get this as the best on it was the image editing (until it went down south) because - soberly considered - the geometry was an askew circus wagon full of mesh errors and bad shading.
It looks as if the creator was pushing vertices by hand without any thought given to edge distribution and symmetry. He even made the roundels as solid geometry! I don't even believe for a minute that the guy was considering to release anything. There are quite a lot of first time models around which beat this one by miles.
If you want a Stringbag I would look out for Skippybing's freeware offering which he sais may happen by the end of the year.