PDA

View Full Version : A Blast Fence and other Oddities!+

falcon409
September 12th, 2009, 08:05
Got the blast fence built and textured and for what it is. . .it looks fine. I intended to make it pretty complex with construction that looked like the angle iron it's actually built from. . .lol, yea right, lol. I settled for a basic framework and a single sheet with a corrugated texture I made up. It works!

This is the oddity. . .I've been try for several days to figure out why I couldn't get autogen to show up in one area of the base (over by the housing area and the Women's prison). I could get it to show anyplace else except there. I loaded Instant Scenery to place the blast fences and it started raining in the sim (we're getting light showers moving across North Texas right now). I finished placing the fence line, closed Instant Scenery and as I was taking a screen. . .I saw trees where I hadn't before. . .sooooo. . .what? They just needed a little rain?? Really? lol, lol.

Bjoern
September 12th, 2009, 12:18
Congratulations on the trees, Falcon! :applause:

falcon409
September 12th, 2009, 12:28
Congratulations on the trees, Falcon! :applause:
Thanks,

I have no idea why they just suddenly decided to appear. I added trees on the south end of the base around the golf course and those all looked fine, but that one area north of the 301st just never seemed to want to show. I thought maybe there was an exclude at work there, but none that I could see. . .so for them to just suddenly pop up. . .very strange. The thing is, when I loaded the base It loaded with me looking directly at that one area. . .there wasn't anything there, lol. Oh well.