PDA

View Full Version : ATI Catalyst 9.9 Avalable

SirBenn21
September 12th, 2009, 08:02
Hi All

This one is pretty worthy of mentioning. I was going to mention 9.8, but 9.9 was out when I looked before posting.
There is only a slight improvement in FSX stability, but where 9.8 - 9.9 really shines is in other games if you are interested.
In some of my other games the FPS improvement is jaw dropping.
Some games up too 75% improvement according to ATI release notes!!! Mind you this was for the 4870 X2 Cards. :icon29:

Cheers

Ben

Scratch
September 12th, 2009, 11:59
Thanks for the heads up. I just installed it and got a nice bump in performance all around.

flyinjake
September 12th, 2009, 12:21
Thanks for the notice. I will give it a try Monday morning.

Mithrin
September 12th, 2009, 12:23
Cool, off to download and try it. Thanks for the heads up Ben.

Marvin Carter
September 12th, 2009, 14:37
They worked great for me, gave a about 10 to 15 frames better and helped on stutter also!!!

Scratch
September 12th, 2009, 14:40
So far I've tried it on FSX, DCS Black Shark, ARMAII, and Rise of Flight. All of them are quite a bit smoother. The is the best performance increase of any ATI update I have ever seen.:applause:

SirBenn21
September 12th, 2009, 15:09
Yip it is by far the best drivers I've downloaded for ATI. :wiggle::jump::wiggle:

Ben

JIMJAM
September 12th, 2009, 16:12
Vista 64 4870

Installed the entire package and rebooted. The prog unknowingly to me installed a ATI sound driver which replaced my Creative Labs card. After reboot only my tv/monitor speakers worked. Playing a game or vid and only the tv speaker works. I tried deleting the ati sound driver but it just reinstals itself on reboot. I finally just went to vistas control panel and disabled it. Why a vid card driver installs a sound driver makes no sense. Its called the Ati function driver for high definitio audio.
Now I can play some a see if the driver was worth the hassle.