PDA

View Full Version : Cera Bell 412EP

VCN-1
September 10th, 2009, 11:05
I just received an e-mail that there is a patch available for the 412 which addresses the issues that were brought to their attention.

"Changes:

- Texture and Paintkit problem is fixed.(Repaint made previously, must be repaired with the new paintkit)
- Full animation of wipers; parking, low, mid and hi.
- Default flight with Engines ready to fly (Please do not load a previously saved flight with Cera Bell 412 FSX).
- New flight dynamics.
- New Nav and anti-collision lights effects.

Additional notes:

- You can quickly activate the electric system (battery, inverters, generators and radios) clicking on the top left panel of animation."

I couldn't find a new paint kit not that it would do me any good.

VCN-1

MCDesigns
September 10th, 2009, 11:13
Cool, just got the same email, thanks for the HU!

IanP
September 10th, 2009, 12:11
Deleted. Must learn to read previous post properly before replying... :d

gajit
September 10th, 2009, 12:21
well done for the HU :applause:

bushpilot
September 10th, 2009, 12:28
Nice, downloading it now:applause:

bushpilot
September 10th, 2009, 12:33
Hmmm, the paintkit is same as the earlier, wonder what they were talking about:173go1:

IanP
September 10th, 2009, 12:48
I just tried looking at the area around the air intakes to see if I could see whether it had been remapped, but it doesn't look like it. I'll try applying an existing repaint to this model and see what happens, later.

Edit: Putting the DHFS ZJ239 repaint back on, I get a blue patch not only on top of the air intakes, but also on top of the exhaust cowling. It does look like some of the mapping has changed, certainly.

bushpilot
September 10th, 2009, 13:20
I don't know what they mean by saying "Repaint made previously, must be repaired with the new paintkit". Sounds pretty vague.

But flight model is better. It is now much easier to slow this thing down.

Fireball6
September 10th, 2009, 14:09
The Patch is great, but now we have to do a lot of paintwork - they have changed the section behind the Rotordome - see below

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

gajit
September 10th, 2009, 14:42
Yep - everything shifted allong :mixedsmi:

VCN-1
September 10th, 2009, 15:47
If you look at the top texture using DXTBMP you can see where it has been extended to come to the edge of the map. Panel lines and rivets added but it does look as if a new paint kit is needed.

VCN-1

Fireball6
September 10th, 2009, 15:57
Did someone found the new Paintkit ? - the Patch didn`t contain a new one - the new textures looks like they need to be reworked.

In my opinion the patch need a patch ....... :mixedsmi: I also notice that the Rotor-Animation stutters after the patch - the old one was very smooth and looks much better.

Timm
September 10th, 2009, 19:47
In my opinion the patch need a patch ....... :mixedsmi: I also notice that the Rotor-Animation stutters after the patch - the old one was very smooth and looks much better.Hi,
Installed the patch and I found the rotor-animation sttters as well. Patch take out reverted to orginal. All I have used is the new rotor sound and the light effects to my 412. A real let down in my opinion.Timm

gajit
September 10th, 2009, 22:34
Agreed :mixedsmi:

Fireball6
September 10th, 2009, 23:50
I`ve tried to add my Repaint to the "new" model - but the lines and rivets did not look so good as before - what was the reason for this "update" ? In my opinion the "old" one looks realy good. Like Timm and gajit, i use only the new air-file, .cfg, effects and gauges - so that the engines running when start FSX.
Hopefully CeraSim can sort that out.

dswo
September 11th, 2009, 00:16
Hopefully CeraSim can sort that out.

Has anyone told them? They don't have a forum.

I was planning to buy this one. Presumably, though, the patch is going to be baked into whatever package is distributed now, so unpatching will be difficult -- or even just using the .air file, as suggested here.

Fireball6
September 11th, 2009, 00:30
I`ll try to mail them later today - I want to know what other Members thought about the patch. The new FDE is great - with the new .air and .cfg-files, it handles
like a dream. Very much fun to fly (my opinion:icon_lol:).

bushpilot
September 11th, 2009, 00:36
I was planning to buy this one. Presumably, though, the patch is going to be baked into whatever package is distributed now, so unpatching will be difficult -- or even just using the .air file, as suggested here.

The original unpatched setup is still downloadable from simmarket.

VCN-1
September 11th, 2009, 03:22
There is a new paint kit available which can be downloaded from the first page.

VCN-1

bushpilot
September 11th, 2009, 03:44
So... you fix old paints by moving upper section in bell_ext_2_T.dds 38pixels to the right. But they didn't bother updating their bump maps to correspond new diffuse maps, so you'll get misaligned bumps:sleep:.

gajit
September 11th, 2009, 04:42
So... you fix old paints by moving upper section in bell_ext_2_T.dds 38pixels to the right. But they didn't bother updating their bump maps to correspond new diffuse maps, so you'll get misaligned bumps:sleep:.

Oh no - really? Think I might have to go back to version 1

bushpilot
September 11th, 2009, 05:09
Oh no - really? Think I might have to go back to version 1

Yep, just check any of the default textures, they have fixed diffuse maps.

Kavehpd
September 12th, 2009, 03:14
I've just uploaded a fix patch for my Cessna Corporation repaint including the correct bump and spec maps to FlightSim and HoverControl. Should be online soon.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6413/bumpfix.jpg

gajit
September 12th, 2009, 03:40

Txmmy83
September 12th, 2009, 04:04
I Rework my Esercito paint should be ready soon
tomorrow or monday

BR
Tom

JT8D-9A
September 12th, 2009, 06:14
I've just uploaded a fix patch for my Cessna Corporation repaint including the correct bump and spec maps to FlightSim and HoverControl. Should be online soon.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6413/bumpfix.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Kavehpd
September 12th, 2009, 06:33
It's online now.

http://www.flightsim.com/o/n7532qfix.gif
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139046) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=139046) ]
Name: n7532qfix.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139046) Size: 2,019,801 Date: 09-12-2009

Fireball6
September 12th, 2009, 07:12
Gentleman i need a little help - what is the difference between the old and the new bell_ext_2_T.dds ? OK, it is moved 38 Pixels to the right but what is the
sense for it - in my opinion it looks much better at the old version - with the new one, you have a few rivets and bolts in the "nowhere" (1) and others been missed (2).

At the moment i did not rework my textures and stay with the older model-file installed.

Kavehpd
September 12th, 2009, 07:35
Gentleman i need a little help - what is the difference between the old and the new bell_ext_2_T.dds ? OK, it is moved 38 Pixels to the right but what is the
sense for it - in my opinion it looks much better at the old version - with the new one, you have a few rivets and bolts in the "nowhere" (1) and others been missed (2).

At the moment i did not rework my textures and stay with the older model-file installed.

These two posts should explain why the model had to be remapped:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=221273&postcount=41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=221486&postcount=50

EDIT: I see your point re (1). There are even more issues that were not addressed at all (e.g. rpm gauges, vc lights, etc.). Seems like they concentrated on FDE and rushed the rest for no good reason. Still, this is hands down the best payware helicopter in the market.

Fireball6
September 12th, 2009, 07:47
Ahh - many thanks Kavehpd for pointing me to that. But as i say above, in my humble opinion the "older" look better.

Fireball6
September 12th, 2009, 14:15
I agree total with you Kavephd - indeed, the best Payware Helicopter - hope they sort out the rest (think they will do :icon_lol:), in the meantime i can live very good with the old model and the old paints that you and all the other painters have done.
After finishing my Air Greenland Repaint for the ND AS332-L2 i could`nt resist and start one for the Bell 412 - still W.I.P ........ . As you can see at the Pic below - she handles like a dream - hovering over the water is very easy with the new FDE.

gajit
September 12th, 2009, 14:34
Wow - nice work pal :applause:

atomichead
November 11th, 2009, 16:27
Can anyone help in my effort to get a green tint for the eyebrow windows on this awesome bird?

Fireball6
November 12th, 2009, 14:58
Hello atomichead - unfortunately it seems not be possible to change the color of the eyebrow windows - all windows use the same texture. Maybe a future update
make this possible (if CeraSim has plan one).

CG_1976
November 12th, 2009, 15:01
Could i please req a Canadian Guard Paint please. The Bo-105 is looking for a vacation from over patrol.

Fireball6
November 12th, 2009, 15:07
Maybe - i`ll give it a try in the near future ...... (but no promises :icon_lol:)