PDA

View Full Version : Flying Club 2. Impressions?

arrowmaker
September 10th, 2009, 10:26
I've noticed that Just Flights Flying Club 2 package can now be picked up from places like Amazon for around £17 (significantly cheaper than from Just Flight itself). I was wondering if anyone has purchased this product and what are their impressions of it?

anthony31
September 10th, 2009, 15:23
You can try a 10 day demo of the Duchess (one of the planes from Flying Club 2):

http://www.justflight.com/demos.asp

What better way to get an impression of an aircraft? Wish more developers would make demos :).

arrowmaker
September 10th, 2009, 21:25
You can try a 10 day demo of the Duchess (one of the planes from Flying Club 2)

Good idea. The Duchess is actually the only one I've read about, here at SOH. I don't know much about the Archer III and the R44, that are also included in the package. The reviews quoted on the Just Flight site make them look good. Two planes, a helicopter and an airport scenery, for less than £17, seems like a good deal to me. I think I'll download the Duchess demo and mull over buying the whole package over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion. :ernae:

Lionheart
September 11th, 2009, 01:57
Man, I didnt know Just Flight had that many product lines at their website.

The Flying Club planes look pretty nice. Cool that you can demo them.

Good to know. I see they sell CFS2 there.

IanP
September 11th, 2009, 08:13
Unfortunately, they fly (or at least the comparisons I can make from personal experience) nothing like the real aircraft and the models aren't that good either. For example the air intakes ceertainly on the C152, Warrior, Archer and Seneca, which I have done direct comparisons on compared to the real aircraft, are all significantly too big and all of them look slightly "squashed".

Don't get me wrong, they're not "bad" aircraft - certainly not at the price - but they're not accurate either. I wouldn't get them as accurate simulations to practice real world flying in, but as fun aircraft the pack is more than reasonable.

arrowmaker
September 11th, 2009, 10:37
Unfortunately, they fly (or at least the comparisons I can make from personal experience) nothing like the real aircraft and the models aren't that good either. For example the air intakes certainly on the C152, Warrior, Archer and Seneca, which I have done direct comparisons on compared to the real aircraft, are all significantly too big and all of them look slightly "squashed".

I believe you are referring to the the original Flying Club X. The aircraft you mention are not in Flying Club 2. I've downloaded the demo of the Duchess and I have to say it looks OK. Nothing like the quality of say Carenado, RealAir etc, but still OK. As to how realistic the models are? I can't comment on that. Still for the low price you can now purchase the boxed version for it still seems to be a bit of a bargain. At least in my eyes.

IanP
September 11th, 2009, 12:14
The Archer is in the new pack, not the original FCX and, to my eyes, still has the same significant but not massive visual errors as its predecessors. The flight model - like the predecessors - seemed significantly overpowered and oversensitive compared to the two Archers I used to fly (but it isn't an identical model - supposedly still a 181 though). Considering that I understand the models were produced by the same developer, this is perhaps entirely understandable.

As I said, from my perspective, they're pretty good value for the price. I'd happily get the pack - I just wouldn't say it was perfect. :)

harleyman
September 11th, 2009, 12:56
I have the Dutchess and all in all for the price its a real keeper...( I like light twins and good sound)

It sits in my hanger behind Lionheart ....LOL

arrowmaker
September 11th, 2009, 13:53
After a bit more reading up on the included models I've decided to go ahead and order. I think the Avsim review of the R-44 (nice but not perfect) can probably be applied to the Duchess and Archer III as well. Considering that this whole package costs less than the majority of payware single aircraft I think it's worth getting, especially at nearly half the cost of the package if bought directly from Just Flight.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0308/R44/R44.htm

harleyman
September 11th, 2009, 14:10
I think you will enjoy the package.....

Pepere
September 11th, 2009, 18:39
You can try a 10 day demo of the Duchess (one of the planes from Flying Club 2):

http://www.justflight.com/demos.asp

What better way to get an impression of an aircraft? Wish more developers would make demos :).

I wish every developer would have full working demos. Wouldn't have to get so pixxed it we didn't like the item or it would not work because of FPS impact on older putters.. Should be mandatory - :icon_lol:

David