PDA

View Full Version : Help with compiling BGLs please!!!

Marvin Carter
September 9th, 2009, 22:51
Guys Is there a program that compiles BGL into a one BGL bundle, sure there is but don't know where to look. Help please!!!
Thanks

Meshman
September 10th, 2009, 07:50
Um, without knowing what you're doing and trying to accomplish, the generic answer would be No!

It's possible to take multiple sources and make them into a single BGL file, so you could take the many BGL files down to the source and recompile into a single file. But not all BGL files are created equal.

Marvin Carter
September 10th, 2009, 08:21
I'm trying to condense scenery object BGLs to a single BGL file for EZ-scenery, so there won't be multiple intries in the drop down list.

jdhaenens
September 10th, 2009, 09:31
Your own .bgl or other folks' ? Ask the copyright owner first. About theonly way to do this is to turn the .bgl's into .xml's and manually edit to combine the .xml files for what you need, then recompile with the appropriate compiler. It's a long ugly path, but I don't know any easier way.

anthony31
September 10th, 2009, 15:12
Not so easy Marvin but theoretically possible. I used to have a bgl decompiler for FS9 that would decompile a bgl (BGLXML 1.8). In the case of an EZ-scenery model library it would decompile the XML and generate the individual models (.mdl files which would all be named according to the GUID). You could then do this for the multiple files, edit one single XML to include all the models, edit the text files for the names of the models that EZ-scenery reads and then recompile into one big single BGL.

The decompiler I use for FSX is Bgl2Xml.exe (I think I got it from www.scenery.org (http://www.scenery.org)). I'm not sure whether this program will extract the mdl files like the old bgl decompiler I used for FS9 but then I guess that is why they write instructions. Try checking out http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_a.htm as it has all sorts of scenery utilities. Who knows, maybe someone has already written a program to do what you want automatically.

gera
September 10th, 2009, 15:25
I'm trying to condense scenery object BGLs to a single BGL file for EZ-scenery, so there won't be multiple intries in the drop down list.

Its called "library maker" and you get it with EZ-scenery, look in your directory.