PDA

View Full Version : A plea to FSD

tigisfat
September 9th, 2009, 22:48
Please, I respectfully ask of you to perform the few adjustments needed to make the VC work in FSX/accel and offer it as a cheap non-native aircraft. It's too good to die this early. It still has a demographic. Either that, or release it as freeware so that some one can fix the VC and gauges. As you can see, it works great but the gauges....not so much.

PLEASE!! Post if you think this is a work of art made by FSD that deserves a second lifetime. What the hell; post if you don't think so. We want FSD to have a good picture of public opinion.

It never hurts to ask, right?

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-9-10_1-10-20-831.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-9-10_1-11-55-582.jpg

tigisfat
September 9th, 2009, 23:08
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-9-10_1-11-18-320.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-9-10_1-17-49-57.jpg

Sundog
September 9th, 2009, 23:19
Considering Alphasim is working on a new C-17, I don't know if you can expect them to do that, especially, IIRC, since the modeler who made the FSD C-17 is now at Eaglesoft. Then again, with Milviz working with them now, you never really know what could come of it.

CG_1976
September 9th, 2009, 23:43
Also i dont think they would release it freeware as a port. Did you forget UKMIL has a freeware C-17 with VC in the oven baking and its FSX native with bumps and loves both Dx 9 and 10.

tigisfat
September 9th, 2009, 23:46
Considering Alphasim is working on a new C-17, I don't know if you can expect them to do that, especially, IIRC, since the modeler who made the FSD C-17 is now at Eaglesoft. Then again, with Milviz working with them now, you never really know what could come of it.
The Alphasim C-17 isn't going to be released. It's done.

FSD wouldn't need a modeller, they just need to fix a few gauges. It's still and FSD product and it's still for sale, so I don't think the maker leaving is an issue.

Milviz works with many devs, with great results. I only wish they would work with more.

Sundog
September 10th, 2009, 07:18

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Oh, well, life in the FS world.

noddy
September 10th, 2009, 08:21
On the un-offical Alpha site, they are saying still being worked on and the VC is being sorted at the moment (from a tester).

fliger747
September 10th, 2009, 08:36
An interesting aircraft.... Looking at the schedule, my FO for my upcoming ANC-ORD leg was one of the chief Air Force "honcho's" for the service introduction of this aircraft. Sometimes a little of their wisdom rubs off on the old reformed (barely) Supercub driver.

Some desire a conversion, while others turn up their noses at anything that is not pure native FSX.

Oh well, whatever floats your boat......

Best wishes; t

Txmmy83
September 10th, 2009, 09:15
development pics are shown on the official site
not sure what is true but I think it takes only Looong!

BR
Tom

centuryseries
September 10th, 2009, 10:20

FSD wouldn't need a modeller, they just need to fix a few gauges. It's still and FSD product and it's still for sale, so I don't think the maker leaving is an issue.

Milviz works with many devs, with great results. I only wish they would work with more.

Tigisfat, you know me as someone who is involved at AlphaSim (SR-71 and a few others) - now take it from me, I've flown the forthcoming C-17 in FSX, and it is still being progressively worked on - yes thats right, it's NOT dead, it's VERY much ALIVE and doing well.

Please do not assume that because you've seen no pictures means it's dead, nor rely on forum hearsay - there seems to be too many experts casting their opinion as fact when they're not actually involved, take it from someone who contributes to AS, it will be finished, too much work has gone into it to abandon it - and I think you'll love it when it does finally get released.

I cannot give any estimates of dates, but have a little faith. Setbacks aside it's a great aircraft. :ernae:

PS - do you still work with the B-1B?

Tim_FSD
September 10th, 2009, 10:56
The C17 that we offer with our T-38 is a package that was originally designed for FS 2002. It was ported into FS 2004. We really do not offer it for sale for use in FS X.

In order to work properly in FS X the model would really need to be rebuilt to display properly, and the VC would have to be completely rebuilt. So it would require extensive remodeling. The designer who built the C17 is no longer with the group. So unfortunately, we really have no plans at this time to revisit this plane, particularly considering that Alphasim is going to be offering a true FS X model, which we are sure will be very good.

Warrant
September 10th, 2009, 14:28
Ooooooo, Tigisfat.........................:mixedsmi::bump:

Been working on a conversion for a while. The project gained a bit of dust due to other projects.

Bone
September 10th, 2009, 16:45
The C17 that we offer with our T-38 is a package that was originally designed for FS 2002. It was ported into FS 2004. We really do not offer it for sale for use in FS X.

Since you mentioned the T-38.....????

tigisfat
September 11th, 2009, 00:26
Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Oh, well, life in the FS world.

Sorry, I couldn't get back in time to correct my 'absolute' comments. I realized as I had to get off the computer and leave that they were a little strong and not worded correctly. He is right, my point about it not going to be released was purely speculation and in my haste, I failed to say such. I've followed every twist and turn in it's story and heard the occasional rumor then came to that conclusion based on everything I'd heard. :blind:

In order to work properly in FS X the model would really need to be rebuilt to display properly, and the VC would have to be completely rebuilt.Tim; I sincerely thank you for responding in this thread. I know you didn't have to, and I appreciate it.
:medals::guinness:

It's very honorable of you all to very specifically say that it isn't available for FSX. Many pass off FS2004 and a few FS2002 products as FSX products when they're not. The funny thing is, this FSD FS2002 product looks better in FSX than many FS2004 port-overs. I guess you guys were/are ahead of the times.

If someone like Warrant were to produce a few mods that saw it flyable in FSX, would you be opposed to their distribution/uploading at freeware sites? (the mod only, of course, not the whole jet):ernae:

take it from me, I've flown the forthcoming C-17 in FSX, and it is still being progressively worked on - yes thats right, it's NOT dead, it's VERY much ALIVE and doing well.

Please accept my public apology and have an electronic beer on me.:guinness:
Like I said above, I failed to articulate what I meant and just kinda spouted off.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. It doesn't have to be authentic, I just want it to work. You are a hero! You're working on just the VC, right?

falcon409
September 11th, 2009, 06:25
Yea. . . .hmmmmmm???

jmig
September 11th, 2009, 08:50

Amen Brother!
:engel016:

thunder100
September 11th, 2009, 09:17
Hi

I dont want to defend or bash FSD

But all required can be done by editing the panel .cfg and some model editing for the texture

Or you can fly the Beta C-17 of UKMIL (no VC yet)

As it is not my highest interest I fly randomly the UKMIL with the FSD FDE

Roland

(I think FSD has done enough for their customers.Almost all planes(like at Carenado were made FSX compatibel)

In the attachments you have the FSD C-17 in FSX(first 2 picturess and the UKMIL C-17(beta 2)