PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Kindle ...Amazon Kindle DX

Chacha
September 9th, 2009, 05:23
Anyone owns one?

I was looking to purchase one for a Christmas gift for someone real special. I haven't read reviews.

hey_moe
September 9th, 2009, 08:44
Eli...I too have been looking at one for Linda...she reads all the time....have you been looking at the prices of the download books. From what I have read on Amazon most of the customers like it...Mike

Chacha
September 9th, 2009, 10:10
Mike,

The download on a Kindle book is from $0.00 to $9.99 compare to a real physical book for $29.99. I have been eyeing this for a long time. If you really love books this is awesome, it can hold thousands of books. There are classic books that are free as well.

The Kindle DX is a size of a magazine, bigger than a Kindle. I have read a few reviews, just today and it looks like people who owns it love it. The DX is twice as much i think ($499.00)

Wow, Linda will be very happy to receive this, what a blessed wife! You can ask anything you want, granted- a hardcore gaming computer again? go gor it Mikey! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You are a good man :engel016:, you take care of your woman! :applause: :applause:

hey_moe
September 9th, 2009, 14:01
Well the problem I have with her is she looks at the price and has a double chet...lol...she can't stand to spend a penny on her self...lol...but when I buy her something like this she is tickled pink...WOMEN> The Blue S2000 I brought a few years ago and she loved it till it snowed one day and from that point on she was scared of it. So I got rid of it and brought her a SUV...she hated it at first and cried cus she missed her sports car...lol...she called the SUV a school bus. I said screw this and brought her the red one for Christmas....now she said she wuv's both the SUV and the S2000...what can I say...lol

papab
September 9th, 2009, 14:19
Anyone owns one?

I was looking to purchase one for a Christmas gift for someone real special. I haven't read reviews.

Here is a posting from SCRATCH on Sim-Outhouse about the Kindle:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=18670&highlight=kindle&page=14

Go to post #268
You might want to send him a PM...
Rick

Chacha
September 9th, 2009, 14:29
Well the problem I have with her is she looks at the price and has a double chet...lol...she can't stand to spend a penny on her self...lol...but when I buy her something like this she is tickled pink...WOMEN> The Blue S2000 I brought a few years ago and she loved it till it snowed one day and from that point on she was scared of it. So I got rid of it and brought her a SUV...she hated it at first and cried cus she missed her sports car...lol...she called the SUV a school bus. I said screw this and brought her the red one for Christmas....now she said she wuv's both the SUV and the S2000...what can I say...lol

Oh man, Linda is typical woman- (well, like me) I go to the store to buy myself a new pair of jeans, when I got home, i have 5 items purchased: Hannah's jeans, Hannah's shirts, Hannah's shoes, and all for Hannah.... I always forget to get something for myself.

My ex, bought me stuff (when we were still together - well now, he just gives me his money!:icon_lol:), he thought I was his Barbie, the only thing we did not agree was color and the tag price, once he bought me a mustard dress for a birthday party, he said it blends well with my skin color :isadizzy:

Well, can't she keep both the SUV and the red Honda? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

SUV for winter and the red sports in summer!! Just a suggestion.

Chacha
September 9th, 2009, 15:38
Here is a posting from SCRATCH on Sim-Outhouse about the Kindle:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=18670&highlight=kindle&page=14

Go to post #268
You might want to send him a PM...
Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the info. I don't know Scratch that much, I am scared to PM him. Don't tell him, please. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

But that info is a good one, He seems happy with his Kindle.

I appreciate it, Rick.

hey_moe
September 9th, 2009, 15:44
She did...she picks the grand kids up in the SUV and drives the sports car to work...I get to wash them..lol

Well, can't she keep both the SUV and the red Honda? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

SUV for winter and the red sports in summer!! Just a suggestion.

Chacha
September 9th, 2009, 15:49
Hey Mike,

Now I have to give you this award:

The Coolest Husband In The Whole Wide World

Willy
September 9th, 2009, 20:23
I think MudMarine has a kindle too. At least he's been telling me about them.

Cloud9Gal
September 13th, 2009, 15:20
I have nothing against technology, and on occasion, will fall for a gadget of some sort, but when it comes to book reading, I will never hold anything other than that actual book in my hands. The Kindle is one gadget I will never buy. For me, there's just something special about opening a book, flipping its pages, running your hand on the cover of it, etc.

I am a bookworm and have over a thousand books in my house. I will always buy the book itself over any audiobooks, or any downloadable versions of some sort. But that's me!

With emails, we have pretty much lost the "art" of writting letters, using pretty stationary. I'm afraid that Kindles, might do the same to the actual book buying market.

This is one gadget I will be boycotting.

Just my http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/symbolic/twocents.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

And...with that said, my poor Chacha, I was really NO help to you whatsoever! LOL! Please forgive me for hijacking your thread..sorta ;)

Chacha
September 13th, 2009, 21:12
Hey C9G,

I am a bookworm, as well, I have at least over a thousand book myself, I moved from Hawaii to California to Africa to Texas to Florida and now to Arizona (soon- no dates yet!). And I always carry all my books. The Bible alone I have 12 versions, whenever I read it, I have at least six of them on my study table. Now I learned to cross reference through the Bible Gateway (Biblegateway.com)

My sister who also has tons of books, moves every 18 months from country to country. I was thinking of giving this to her as a gift this Christmas. I hope she will love it.

Funny you mention about writing letters, I still write letters to friends, send them cards, and pictures through the mail, still uses stationary, and print stamps and schedule a mailman pickup.

I also email friends, (don't sent e-cards though), call them at 12:00 midnight on their birthdays, (wants to be the first one to greet them Happy Birthday).

I have written a Judge letters, everyday, five days a week, for less than a month, my own handwriting (not on pretty stationary though), till he responded and said OK OK OK!, you can have an appointment with me! (that's another story!)

And C9G, I always love to see you respond to any post, (you did not hijack the thread). I love to read your creative ideas and comments and response to any posts; It is always fun to read. You make the post alive! (It's like reading the post with intonations, articulation, tone of voice) ... I really love and enjoy it!!! :naturesm::naturesm: :jump:

Eli

Snuffy
September 14th, 2009, 03:05
Pretty much agree with C9G here ... for the most part. I too have an expansive library of my own ... around $8,000.00 that include many different topics ...

However, I find a reason as stated by one of the members here for getting this, and I find myself agreeing with him ...

But other than that, I'll take a good bound book any day.

I have several reference CDs on many subjects, the Bible included, but I find myself printing the reference material and reading it off paper more than I do reading it off the screen of my computer.

:mixedsmi:

jmig
September 14th, 2009, 03:20
Pretty much agree with C9G here ... for the most part. I too have an expansive library of my own ... around $8,000.00 that include many different topics ...

However, I find a reason as stated by one of the members here for getting this, and I find myself agreeing with him ...

But other than that, I'll take a good bound book any day.

I have several reference CDs on many subjects, the Bible included, but I find myself printing the reference material and reading it off paper more than I do reading it off the screen of my computer.

:mixedsmi:

I do the same thing. However, while I agree with C9G on books, I might find reading off a Kindle to be enjoyable? I always thought a computer the size of a 8X11 tablet and maybe 0/5 in. thick that you could write on and type on would be the computer of the future.

As people get more and more use to using cell phones like the Apple iPhone and its clones we may see them grow into the Kindle like computer. If I could have color and a computer in my Kindle, I would try it on for size.