PDA

View Full Version : Banning British Alcohol Ads--Henry?

Crusader
September 9th, 2009, 04:12
Henry , I think I read you are going back home in October ? Find out the scoop on this : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32747047/ns/health-addictions/#storyContinued

I could really see why this would be controversial but I agree with the industry on this one , quote from article :
"
British brewers acknowledged that the country's drinking culture could use changing, but said bans and higher taxes weren't the answer.
"We believe culture change is more likely to be achieved through long-term education and tough enforcement," said Jeremy Beadles, the chief executive of the Wine and Spirit Trade Association.

I'm just not convinced that banning advertisment is going to have a sigificant impact on alcohol use . Just my humble opinion .

Rich:guinness:

Snuffy
September 9th, 2009, 04:32
Prohibition didn't stop alcohol drinking here in the states ...

And to make it more on point ... banning cigarette ads didn't stop people from smoking either.

Waste of the British tax payer money, and a distraction to the British Parliament.

stiz
September 9th, 2009, 05:20
heres a better option .... make it so it aint cheaper than bread in the supermarkets :kilroy:

Henry
September 9th, 2009, 08:05
Many years ago i used to brew my own
and make my own wine
killing advertising or increasing taxes will not in my opinion
make any Changes.
The one thing in England or at least used to be
is you can get a DWI before you even get in a car if you have your keys in your hand
the police can stop you, not like the US where they have to have
another excuse or reason
I guess its still the same?
H

hewman100
September 10th, 2009, 02:03
Oh yes Henry!

There have been cases now where individuals have had enough points to be disqualified and banned from driving before they've even got a license.

lefty
September 10th, 2009, 13:32
Well I can't speak for England :a1310: :scotland: but I have to agree with Henry that it will make b***** all difference to the people who cause the problems.

It was inevitable, after killing off the smokers, that the goodie-goodies were going to target booze. I for one, promise to stop drinking if anyone can introduce me to a teetotal doctor (they all drink like fish).

I just hope I live long enough to see the last politically-correct ******* buried up to his neck in a pit so we can all show our appreciation on him. After many, many beers. :icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29: