PDA

View Full Version : Stutter/Bump Question?

MudMarine
September 8th, 2009, 20:15
OK FSX experts I need some advice. For some reason my machine is stuttering/bumping now while I'm flying. It seems to be loading scenery while it bumps after everything is loaded it smooths out. It's never done this to this extreme before; no idea what I changed? Big question is how do I fix it? Fiber Frame Rate setting in the cfg? or some such thing?

Let me know what kind of info you need to help figure it out. Thank you all!:mixedsmi:

harleyman
September 9th, 2009, 00:06
The TBM in the config can cause that. (Texture Bandwidth Multiplier)

Default iss 40...Settings that work include. 10..70..80..90..100

But it could be a background process running too !

SirBenn21
September 9th, 2009, 01:14
Buffer Pools have also helped me heaps. It's normally not included, hence you have to make a manual insertion into the fsx.CFG.

[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=40000000

Normally people try anywhere from 40000000 to 350000000

I personally can't go above 60000000

Hope this helps

Ben

txnetcop
September 9th, 2009, 03:44
Conflicting scenery files or bad aircraft download can do this also.
Also check your hard drive's health in the administrative tools section of the control panel.
I would check the addon section of FSX first for conflicting bgls.
What happens if you change locations or aircraft?
Also try flying with your antivirus off and then on see if there is a difference-some updates to antivirus software have done this
Ted

SirBenn21
September 9th, 2009, 04:19
Just a thought.

Normally you can replay your flight. Would this not be a huge resource hog? And if so how could you turn it off?

Ben

MudMarine
September 9th, 2009, 12:20
Thanks guys. Ted, it still happens no matter if a change planes or locations. Off to do some testing.

Henry
September 9th, 2009, 12:25
Often i get a jump from 4fps to 20fps
just flying along no change in settings
just goes from one to the other
H

peter12213
September 9th, 2009, 16:37
Try turning your settings down or open your fsx.cfg file and changing the ...texture_bandwithdth_multiplyer to 11 its should look like this.. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=11 and it helped my frames no end stops all jerkiness lol!!
Bananabob showed me this on a thread months ago mate so I'm taking no credit, my frames were amazing after that!
Hope I've helpes mates.
Regards Pete!<!-- / message -->

Henry
September 10th, 2009, 06:02
Thanks i will try
H