PDA

View Full Version : Cool Notes App for iPhone / iPod Touch

Lionheart
September 8th, 2009, 14:38
Hey all,

For those of you that have iPhone and iPod Touch, and use them for business and Notes and things (as well as music), then you might be interested in this neat App. Its called 'Awesome Note' and basically is a Notepad program, but Apple style, and I mean 'extreme' Apple style.

This thing has like 10 or more background themes for the paper sheets, variable colors of folders, variable fonts, variable folder icons. You can import and export your documents to a freeware Google mail account. You can create a Document in Google Mail and import into your iPhone/iPod and then store it with its own font/theme and drop into desired folder of your choice and making...

There are a bunch of examples of things you can do in it, as well as a basic ReadMe, which is a bit sparse with some details. A trip to their website is recommended if you purchase this.

Also, there is a brilliant 'view' mode; thumbnails or list modes are selectable to see whats in the main 'All Notes' folder. You have a Search for things also, if you forget a note's name, etc.

If my word counts, I give this a '4 thumbs up', 4 out of 4. :d

Price; $3.99 USD, Amerikanischer Dollars, Clams, Denaro's... Not bad! A similar version of this for Windows Office (not iPhone related) is something like, well, you dont want to know. This is a jewel of a program and very nice in appearence.

Bill

Chacha
September 8th, 2009, 15:11
Awesome Note is awesome.... Highly recommended... Thanks for the find Lionheart!

Lionheart
September 8th, 2009, 17:42
Hey ChaCha,

Most welcome.

I have already signed up and learned the Google Mail transfer system. It is pretty cool. You can do a complete Notes backup to Google, and you can transfer huge documents in TXT form (Google calls them Docs) and upload (import) into Awesome Note, then drop them into the folder of your preference.

I have wanted this for ages..... Now I can type out, or copy/paste lists on my computer, transfer to Google, transfer to iPhone, and Voila.. They are there.

I have also wanted my own fonts and colors, and now I have that too... Pretty darn sharp graphics on this.

Bill