PDA

View Full Version : Dash 7

LouP
September 8th, 2009, 07:22
Anyone know if Milton's Dash 7 originally had any frame rate or stuttering issues? I had not flown her in quite a long while and don't know if this is a new behavior or if it was just something I never fixed in the latest version. Very nice aircraft so I would like to get her running smoothly :ernae:

Thanks,
LouP

r678idtyj
September 8th, 2009, 08:00
The latest, updated version runs quite well on my outdated machine. It's not completely transparent like some of the simpler a/c but it's generally quite easy on the frame rate, nothing to sweat. :jump:

Wild Bill Kelso
September 8th, 2009, 08:01
Didn't have any issues with this bird - runs smooth and gentle.
My only prob with the Dash7 is that all appropriate repaints are already done... :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Markus.

RL_201
September 8th, 2009, 10:12
Wild Bill;
I don't think this repaint was ever done for Milton's Dash 7

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/resrc/images/hst/l-g/dash7lhr.jpg

From the Canadian Forces Website:
"Only two Dash 7s were ever carried on strength with the Canadian Forces for use in Europe from 1979 until they were struck off strength on 9 August, 1985 (132002) and 8 April, 1987 (132001), both having been sold back to de Havilland. '001 had a "Low Density Seating Installation" while '002 had a passenger/cargo configuration and both were flown by 412 Transport Squadron Detachment Lahr where this Aircraft has been photographed overflying the base area."

So Wild Bill, is there a Dash-7 RCAF repaint in the works?:icon_lol:

Richard Westcott
September 8th, 2009, 10:17
That repaint would be nice, I have no frame rate issues with the Dash7 either, fantastic piece of work.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 10:23
Anyone know if Milton's Dash 7 originally had any frame rate or stuttering issues? I had not flown her in quite a long while and don't know if this is a new behavior or if it was just something I never fixed in the latest version. Very nice aircraft so I would like to get her running smoothly :ernae:

Thanks,
LouP

Lou,

Is your Dash 7 aircraft folder named dash7v2a, the latest version?

If not sure, you can download this and it includes all updates:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/d7vcmdla.zip

Do you have the same issue with all paint schemes? Please check if more than one.

Also, try to alias the panel to another aircraft to see if that makes a difference.

Is your problem just on the exterior Spot view, or in the VC?

Does it happen in the 2D panel view mode?

Thanks

LonelyplanetXO
September 8th, 2009, 10:54
Just to confirm what the others were saying; I was flying it just last week, no problems at all. Lovely model.
LPXO

Wild Bill Kelso
September 8th, 2009, 11:14
So Wild Bill, is there a Dash-7 RCAF repaint in the works?:icon_lol:

Well, as far as I can see, Joao Paz already did a repaint on the FS2002 model for #132002.
Now that my RF-84F Thunderflash has left the building, there should be some place in the paintshed... :jump:

Maple Leaf time again!

Cheers,
Markus.

Tom Clayton
September 8th, 2009, 12:36
I think the issue he's talking about may be a gauge issue. I had to revert back to the no-VC version myself. Once the plane is loaded up, the entire landscape seems to reload every five seconds or so. I've had the same issue with other planes too. I never could figure out the root cause, but I did try converting the textures and that didn't help. The only thing that fixed the problem was restarting the Sim and not selecting that plane.

It's not really a big deal for me though, since a good VC is just eye candy for me. I fly from the 2D and land from the 2D minipanel. When I'm at altitude, I spen as much time in Chase view as I do inside, mostly because I like to see the scenery.

LouP
September 8th, 2009, 14:34
Hey Tom,

Thank you, you seem to hit the nail right on the head. I was starting to think I was going nuts as nobody else seemed to have the issue before you (well maybe I am a little nuts ;)). Strange thing is that this also happened to me with some other turbo props but I don't remember it being an issue with the Dash 7 before. I could be wrong about that and the issue may have always been there because I have not flown her in a while. The strange thing is that the aircraft that this problem shows up on are not at all that complex. Sure wish I could find the offending gauge.

Hey Milton,

I do have the latest version and once this "skipping" starts, it doesn't matter if I am in VC, 2d, or external view. As Tom says, I need to restart to get rid of it. I was flying a repaint of Asian Spirit in the Phillipines last night when it happened so I landed, used DXT.bmp to make sure all the textures were DXT3 and reloaded the aircraft and took off but the problem was still there. Also, I noticed that the issue became worse the moment I started moving on the tarmac. When I stopped, the frames seemd to bounce back up again until I sterted to move. :(. To bad, because I struggled the whole trip with this problem as besides this issue I am having, the aircraft is beautiful. I took a look at my landing from the tower and to see that four engine machine turning on final was a wonderful site to see.

LouP

srgalahad
September 8th, 2009, 15:33
I've looked and haven't found this one yet either.........

http://airtindi.com/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Tindi/De-Havilland-Canada/1472954/&sid=226414b5ef784401cbfd68b69c29c264

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 15:53
LouP,

Okay, so you have the latest released version. But, do you have the 2 updates?

If not and if you just want to download the updates, then:
http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/d7vcmdla_update_av.zip

... otherwise, download the full package with all updates applied from the link I posted earlier.

I am not seeing the problem here so I cannot troubleshoot it.

So, I urge you not to give up if you want it resolved. That means, first, let's ensure we are in-synch on versions and updates.

The updates replace some FS98 gauges that may be causing the issue.

If you continue to have the issue, I will tell you how to easily isolate the issue, then identify it.

If you are not interested in pursuing this, that is okay too. :)

Tom Clayton
September 8th, 2009, 16:54
If nobody else is interested, I'm in. I'll get the full package and install from scratch, then see if I get the same results as before. If so, I'll try activating FSUIPC logging and see what pops up there.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 16:57
Thanks Tom :applause:

EDIT: I just completed a 1 hour flight in FS9, all sliders maxed in heavy detailed 3D clouds, using all views, plus windows and full screen, sounds on full, lights, and exercised FSnav and the embedded RWY program. I could not get it to fail me and fps stayed maxed.

Hopefully the fully updated mods release will correct your issues.

Tom Clayton
September 8th, 2009, 17:39
Milton, I don't know what's different between then and now, but she's virtually flawless now! The only thing I found was when I pull my throttle all the way back with the condition (mix) levers set to full, the plane actually creeps backwards.The parking brake is more than enough to hold it, and pulling the condition levers back to one half cures the creeping too. My baby is back!!!:jump:

CG_1976
September 8th, 2009, 17:39
I've looked and haven't found this one yet either.........

http://airtindi.com/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Tindi/De-Havilland-Canada/1472954/&sid=226414b5ef784401cbfd68b69c29c264

Yep could use a Tindi Dash 7 for sure. Gonna have to book a flight on the Dash 7, never been on one in my life.

Rich
September 8th, 2009, 17:52
Lou were you flying from RPLL, Manila Intl, if so which scenery did you use

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 18:01
Milton, I don't know what's different between then and now, but she's virtually flawless now! The only thing I found was when I pull my throttle all the way back with the condition (mix) levers set to full, the plane actually creeps backwards.The parking brake is more than enough to hold it, and pulling the condition levers back to one half cures the creeping too. My baby is back!!!:jump:

Tom,

That's great to hear. I feel certain it was the FS98 gauges causing the issue.

On the rearward creep, if you change this to a +1, that should take care of it.

minimum_on_ground_beta=-1.00

Thanks a bunch. Maybe this will correct LouP's problem as well.

LouP
September 8th, 2009, 18:04
OK, I'll give the update a try too but I just uninstalled the default FS9 GPS and insdtalled a Reality XP 530 and guess what, she flew great. I too will look for the updates now. Sorry for not responding but I was testing things out.

LouP :bump:

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 18:10
Yep could use a Tindi Dash 7 for sure. Gonna have to book a flight on the Dash 7, never been on one in my life.

I used to fly the Dash 7 often out of the BWI area. She is the sweetest bird I have EVER flown in. Amazingly quiet, powerful, and agile.

Greenland Air did a wonderful video of this bird through three stops ... just awesome as the co-pilot talks you through all the steps of the flight sequences.

EDIT: I just found that video ... 426MB. Unfortunately, Air Greenland no longer has it on their site, that I can find anyhow.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 18:34
OK, I'll give the update a try too but I just uninstalled the default FS9 GPS and insdtalled a Reality XP 530 and guess what, she flew great. I too will look for the updates now. Sorry for not responding but I was testing things out.

LouP :bump:

Great LouP. Thanks for raising the issue otherwise the problem would have deterred others from enjoying the Dash 7. :applause:

And once again, if anyone needs the fully updated latest version, here is a direct link to it on my website:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/d7vcmdla.zip

Tom Clayton
September 8th, 2009, 18:52
OK - here's something strange. I added one of Garry's TVA paints, started up the Sim, selected that plane, and the flashing was back. I shut down the Sim and restarted, this time selecting the Greenland Air like before, and the flashing was still there. I restarted the whole PC, started the Sim, selected the TVA paint, and no flashing! The only thing I can figure was the other apps that were running - OE, IE7, and I think I also had FSScreen running. I'll try to play some more tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you want to add paints for the old no-VC model, just make a copy of one of the new paint folders, then paste in all the bitmaps from the old paint, overwriting the newer ones. What you'll have then is all the old textures, along with the new interior files for the VC and cabin. Rename the folder and add the fltsim section to the cfg like normal.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2009, 19:22
Tom,

The only thing I can say regarding flashing is to ensure that all the textures are there, and that all formats calling for alpha channels actually have an alpha channel. i.e DXT3 and 32-bit bmps. If you open these in Imagetool, you can see immediately whether the alpha channel is present.

LouP
September 8th, 2009, 19:23
OK, I put in the update and it's even better. Frame rates are up higher and there is no stuttering at all, awesome. Now she flies as well as all of your other aircraft, Milton. Thank you!

Tom,

Try striking out the FS9 GPS500 gauge and see if there is any improvement. I don't know why but every time I get rid of that default GPS, my performance improves. The wierd thing is that most people complain of performance going down when they substitute the RXP530 in there. :monkies:

Milton,

Would you mind sharing what gauge was causing the problem? It may help me with some similar issues in other aircraft. And thanks again.

LouP :)

Wild Bill Kelso
September 9th, 2009, 08:15
I've looked and haven't found this one yet either......http://airtindi.com/

Looks good too!
A 'classic clean' livery with no unnecessary bells and whistles - I like it!
And I'm particulary delighted with the idea of hauling some cargo way up north with it.

@ Milton:
Is there any chance to get "neutral white" or even layered textures?

Cheers,
Markus.

Tom Clayton
September 9th, 2009, 08:18
There's a base textures folder included with the pack I downloaded, but the "_T" files are missing. Milton...?

EDIT: I did a little digging into Milton's older pages and found this one:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/repainters/

Scroll down for the kits.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 9th, 2009, 08:32
That's great!
Thanks a lot, Tom! :ernae:
Loading as I type...

Wild Bill Kelso
September 9th, 2009, 08:53
Found some more nice pics of the AIR TINDI bird on airliners.net:
I bite! :jump:

C-GCEV is just rollin' into the paint shack!

Tom Clayton
September 9th, 2009, 13:12
I gotta tell ya Lou, I'm glad you posted this thread! I'd forgotten how much I love flying the Dash 7, and now I've got her with animated prop pitch and a great VC in a rock steady package! I feel sorry for the people living around Sion - I'm gonna be flying through that valley quite a bit in the near future!!!

CG_1976
September 9th, 2009, 13:16
Looks good too!
A 'classic clean' livery with no unnecessary bells and whistles - I like it!
And I'm particulary delighted with the idea of hauling some cargo way up north with it.

@ Milton:
Is there any chance to get "neutral white" or even layered textures?

Cheers,
Markus.

Dont forget your skies and skates and thermals:icon_lol:. Thank You Markus for doing a Tindi paint. I owe you a beer.

HighGround22
September 9th, 2009, 15:10
. . . there should be some place in the paintshed... :jump:
Maple Leaf time again! Mwwwaaaa-hhhahaha!! Just what I needed, Markus: a sweet bit of good news!

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2009, 15:36
Love the original factory schemes too :wavey:

srgalahad
September 9th, 2009, 17:21
Dont forget your skies and skates and thermals:icon_lol:. Thank You Markus for doing a Tindi paint. I owe you a beer.

and of course you've just "volunteered" to get Markus any detail pics he needs:icon_lol:.

Not long til the lake freezes over and you'll be watching another season of float changes!

Rob

(now to find the Time Air pics to seduce Markus into a bit more Canadiana)
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Time-Air/De-Havilland-Canada/1566194/&sid=a10129a303123fa1f9dde99996598fe3
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Time-Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0557075/&sid=a10129a303123fa1f9dde99996598fe3

CG_1976
September 10th, 2009, 14:05
Seen a buffalo Dc-3 come in today and take off. Was it thrilling hearing the roar heck ya and even saw around the engines a flame. Saw Tindi, and am trying to catch the pilot for a tour of the cockpit and a walk around if possible. Also saw a Tindi floater go for water landing at the Aerodrome on Slave Lake. Gonna go shopping soon for a New Camera. Lots of beauty up here Aviation and wildlife wise and cant forget some of them weird lookin RCMP stations in the sticks:icon_lol:.

adhockey
September 11th, 2009, 22:17
Love the original factory schemes too :wavey:

I always hoped someone would do the factory maple leaf livery (top-left pic).

CG_1976
September 11th, 2009, 22:42
Went down to the Float base here and chatted with a Tindi pilot and a couple bush pilots. Here is a pic the Tindi pilot gave me to post. One of the bush pilots I met just happens to be my neighbor and is a avid Shutter bug and is going to help me purchase a good camera for up here and teach me how to use the camera properly.

bstolle
September 12th, 2009, 00:16
I flew the Dash 7 for 5 years in and out of Courchevel.
I'll see if I can upload the videos I made over the years to youtube for the interested folks :)

Regards

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2009, 05:41
I flew the Dash 7 for 5 years in and out of Courchevel.
I'll see if I can upload the videos I made over the years to youtube for the interested folks :)

Regards

That would be great sg38 ... somewhere over the years I misplaced the video you shared with us and it would awesome to see them available again. Superb footage of Courchevel approaches and landings.

LouP
September 12th, 2009, 06:12
That must have been awesome SG. I took a ski trip out there a couple of years ago and was standing beside the airport and knew that Dash 7s were in and out of there at one time and wished I could see that. It must have bee quite a spectacle. :) Beautiful part of the country, BTW. What was the name of the outfit you flew for and would there happen to be any repaints of it for Milton's D7 out there? It might be fun to recreate it. I have all the LLH scenery installed and the sim scenery looks like just I remember it sans the snow :mixedsmi:. They even have the ski lifts running even though it summer in the sim lol.

LouP

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2009, 06:47
sg38 was part of the original Dash 7 project and was instrumental in the realism we were able to achieve.

Here also is a site that tracked Dash 7 history I think you will find interesting. It is chock full of pictures and data of all Dash 7's produced.

The site owner, Siegfried Lenz, was also a pilot with Tyrolean and was helpful with the original project.

Here is a pic of the Tyrolean liveries at the time that flew into Courchevel, these shown at Innsbruck.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/dash7-2/Dash7-71A.JPG

The website:

http://fly.to/dash7

You will want to read this article from his site: http://members.aon.at/slenz/jones.html

bstolle
September 12th, 2009, 12:13
Milton,

I'll see if I can make a copy of the original DVD in the meantime and send it to you :)

All the best,

Bernt

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2009, 09:49
sg38,

I found two of the Dash 7 TAT pictures you had taken at Courchevel. These are rare pictures ... thank you. :applause:

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2009, 09:55
Here is a shot that sg38 sent to me long ago.

Guess the airport. :)

thunder100
September 13th, 2009, 11:10
Hi Milton

This is Innsbruck LOWI

Not as difficult to fly as Courchevelle but still challenging with gusty winds

Roalnd

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2009, 11:27
Hi Milton

This is Innsbruck LOWI

Not as difficult to fly as Courchevelle but still challenging with gusty winds

Roalnd

Yes Sir! You have that correct. Innsbruck is one of my favorite departure points for Alps flying. There are many beautiful hours of flying available just hitting the Austrian airports, a wonderously awesome place.

Wing_Z
September 13th, 2009, 11:33
sg38,
I found two of the Dash 7 TAT pictures you had taken at Courchevel. These are rare pictures ... thank you. :applause:

Funny you should post those...I stopped there just the other day!

REcwZsLtZHo

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 12:00
Is this video recorded in FS9 or FSX ? Either way excellent flying skills. I seem to have trouble overshooting and kissing the alps lol. Im gonna have to fire up Fs9, I still have the old girl installed, just havent flown in a while as im saving for a new 500gb HD just for Fs9.

Daube
September 13th, 2009, 12:41
Milton's Dash 7 works in FSX ? It's the only one of his planes that is not in my hangar yet, if I remember correctly.

Wing_Z
September 13th, 2009, 13:04
Is this video recorded in FS9 or FSX ? Either way excellent flying skills. I seem to have trouble overshooting and kissing the alps lol. ..
FS9 forum so FS9 video...
I tend to come in too low most times.
You have the normal flat runway in mind as you approach, but Courcheval rises sharply and so you need to talk yourself out of the normal picture and stay high.
If you keep the airspeed down, most planes need almost no braking as they coast up the hill!
The Dash 7 is of course the most brilliant plane to do this with.

LouP
September 13th, 2009, 14:03
Hey Wing Z, nice video. Is that the standard sound set that comes with Milton's aircraft? It sounds different to me in the video.

LouP

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 14:30
Seeing this thread living has just made me take a side bar from FSX and par take a flight in FS9. Just need a Tindi Paint:bump:

Wing_Z
September 13th, 2009, 15:37
Hey Wing Z, nice video. Is that the standard sound set that comes with Milton's aircraft? It sounds different to me in the video.
LouP
Thanks Loup...
Pretty sure it is standard:
Built Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 18:36 FS Sound Studio Build:4959
I may have had an EAX effect running on the sound card - I sometimes forget to return to Games Mode, and get Bottom of the Lavatory reverb :d

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 15:55
Milton, I found this buried in Avsim.
Filename: dash7cir.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 31st August 2003 Downloads: 20063 Author: Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joao Paz and Bill Womack. Sounds by Aaron Swindle modified with permission. Size: 14912kbWas this ever updated by chance? I have a serious interest in this area of FS.

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2009, 16:29
The Canadian Ice Recon aircraft was updated for FS9 there ... but does not have a VC (other than VC engine views) in the 2D pans.

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 16:33
Any chance of a VC update please ??

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2009, 16:40
Yes sir ... right after the dh-80 and xp47j and AT-11.

Actually I have a newer version of a Dash 7-103 coming, nearly done. With that updated version, I can easily add the CIR.

I also did a Courchevel video some time ago ... not as good but good music. :-)

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/Courchevel.wmv

I also did one using the Dash 7 test strip which is quite challenging. It shows a series of landings, each getting better on a very short strip.

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/MyTestStrip.wmv

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 16:49
A newer version with the CIR sounds great. Would enable me to preform certain Arctic and Antarctic functions:jump:.

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 18:15
Beautiful flight from Calgary to Yellowknife.

LouP
September 13th, 2009, 19:16
LOL. I feel like this has become the everything about the Dash 7 thread lol so let me throw something in. Here is my set-up for my shockwave lights if you want them. Just save the original config in case you want to revert back. I was going to add in the shockwave ambient lighting but the ones that came with it are pretty good so I left them in.

LouP :ernae:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1 – Beacon, 2 – Strobe, 3 – Navigation, 4 – Cockpit , 5 – Landing, 6 – Taxi, 7 – Recognition, 8 – Wing, 9 – Logo, 10 – Cabin
light.0=3, -1.9, -46.4, 3.7, fx_shockwave_navred ,
light.1=3, -1.9, 46.3, 3.7, fx_shockwave_navgre ,
light.2=2, -2.3, 46.3, 3.7, fx_shockwave_strobe_2 ,
light.3=2, -2.3, -46.4, 3.7, fx_shockwave_strobe_3 ,
light.4=1, -43.4, 0.2, 17.2, fx_shockwave_beacon ,
light.5=1, 5.3, 0.0, -7.8, fx_shockwave_beacon ,
light.6=10, 19.50, 0.0, -0.15, fx_vclightaero
light.7=10, 9.00, 0.0, -3.0, Fx_D7cbn3 ,
light.8=10, 4.00, 0.0, -3.0, Fx_D7cbn1 ,
light.9=10, 0.00, 0.0, -3.0, Fx_D7cbn3 ,
light.10=10, -4.00, 0.0, -3.0, Fx_D7cbn1 ,
light.11=10, -9.00, 0.0, -3.0, Fx_D7cbn3 ,
light.12=10, -16, -1.0, -3.5, Fx_D7cbn2 ,
light.13=3, -46.1, 0.1, 1.2, fx_navwhi ,
light.14=2, -44.8, 0.02, -0.85, fx_shockwave_strobe ,
light.15 =5, 7, -30.0, -2.9, Newll ,//wing lite reflections
light.16 =5, 7, 30.0, -2.9, Newll ,//wing
light.17 =5, 0, -34.6, 2.6, fx_shockwave_landing_light ,
light.18 =5, 0, 33.6, 2.6, fx_shockwave_landing_light ,

CG_1976
September 13th, 2009, 19:40
:applause:Thank you very much. The shockwave lights coordinates will greatly help and aid my navigation around the Arctic.

Wing_Z
September 13th, 2009, 21:49
...Actually I have a newer version of a Dash 7-103 coming, nearly done. With that updated version, I can easily add the CIR...

You know there was a time when this thing was my almost exclusive flightsim pastime.
I can see why...it's worse than eating peanuts...:kilroy:
Any updates will be like candy to the kids!

And, thanks for the lights, Loup :ernae:

dogknot
September 14th, 2009, 07:07
The Canadian Ice Recon aircraft was updated for FS9 there ... but does not have a VC (other than VC engine views) in the 2D pans.

Milton, you did do a Canadian Ice Recon update for the VC'd Dash7. It was available here in the SOH library, but the download was lost in the crash. Even though it is for the 100 model, it looks and works great.
BTW, I thought it was at one time available at avsim and flightsim, but a search came up empty.

I still have the zipped file... perhaps Milton still has it, too. (???)

d7v2aice.zip
This is an update for the FS2004 (or FS2002) Dash 7 VC model (dash7v2a.zip) adding a model and texture update to your existing Dash 7. Canadian Ice Recon textures by Bill Womack.
by Milton Shupe

Wild Bill Kelso
September 14th, 2009, 08:11
Sorry for the delay, guys!
I just had a few days away from the paint shack, performing some real good (and exhausting...) railroading.
Now back to business:

Went down to the Float base here and chatted with a Tindi pilot and a couple bush pilots. Here is a pic the Tindi pilot gave me to post.
That's great!
Interesting, how 'neat and tidy' a hard working cargo hauler can appear.
AIR TINDI seems to have some variations concerning the lettering - does anyone know what "TLI CHO AIR" (found on the C-GCEV) should mean?
I didn't detect an anagram - or is it native nunavut language?

@ Jon:
I somehow had the notion that you'd like this one, although it's no piston twin...

@ Milton:
The Maple Leaf factory livery looks good too - we'll see if I can deal with this one either. Just got started...

Cheers,
Markus.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2009, 10:12
Milton, you did do a Canadian Ice Recon update for the VC'd Dash7. It was available here in the SOH library, but the download was lost in the crash. Even though it is for the 100 model, it looks and works great.
BTW, I thought it was at one time available at avsim and flightsim, but a search came up empty.

I still have the zipped file... perhaps Milton still has it, too. (???)

d7v2aice.zip
This is an update for the FS2004 (or FS2002) Dash 7 VC model (dash7v2a.zip) adding a model and texture update to your existing Dash 7. Canadian Ice Recon textures by Bill Womack.
by Milton Shupe

EDIT: Found the zip on my website. This is an update to your existing Dash 7 folder that adds a Model and Texture folder and provides an update to your aircraft cfg fltsim section.

You can download it here: http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/d7v2aice.zip

Thanks Brent.

dogknot
September 14th, 2009, 10:29
You're welcome and thanks for sharing the link with the group.

**ignore my PM...you found the zip

srgalahad
September 14th, 2009, 15:53
AIR TINDI seems to have some variations concerning the lettering - does anyone know what "TLI CHO AIR" (found on the C-GCEV) should mean?
I didn't detect an anagram - or is it native nunavut language?

Markus.
The Tłįchǫ First Nation, formerly known as the Dogrib, are a DeneAboriginal Canadian people living in the Northwest Territories (NWT), Canada.
On August 25, 2003, they signed a land claims agreement, also called Tłįchǫ, as the Tlicho Government, with the Government of Canada. The agreement will cede a 39,000 square kilometres (15,100 sq mi) area between Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake in the NWT to Tłįchǫ ownership. The territory includes the communities of Behchoko, Gamèti, Wekweeti and Whatì along with Diavik Diamond Mine and Ekati Diamond Mine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tli_Cho
http://www.tlicho.ca/
http://www.history.com/content/tlicho

As most of Tindi's operation is in and around the NWT and services the aboriginal communities, Tindi has formed partnerships with the local nations. It gives them investment opportunities and business contacts as well as a say in how the services are operated. So, barring further info, it's safe to assume it's something like "Air Tindi, in partnership with Tli Cho Air".
Other examples are Canadian North and First Air which are owned in whole or part by First Nations groups.

BTW, Nunavut is the eastern side, the NWT is the western side of what was, before the division, the Northwest Territories.

Rob

CG_1976
September 14th, 2009, 15:57
I heard of this place "Diavik Diamond Mine" and the dangers during the long winters up here.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2009, 19:03
Just loaded the ole gal up myself in FSX ... looking good there with a couple minor changes; Gauge cabs to the panel folder and changing the prop alpha to 15,15,15.

CG_1976
September 14th, 2009, 19:14
Just loaded the ole gal up myself in FSX ... looking good there with a couple minor changes; Gauge cabs to the panel folder and changing the prop alpha to 15,15,15.

Milton, thats great news. I love having both Sims with the Dash 7, but im not that good with prop alpha's or gauges. Would you be willing to share the fixes for us Dual simmers to bask in Dash 7 Glory.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2009, 20:34
You bet.

Find the two gauge cab files, one named Annun.cab, the other ST_Dash.cab likely in your FS9/Gauges folder.

After you copy the Dash7 folder to your FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder, then copy those two cab files to the Dash7v2a/Panel folder.

I'll try to attach the spinprop.bmp here for you to copy to each of your texture folders. (Basically, all I did to the alpha was reduce it to 15,15.15)

That's it.

I'm having intermittent ISP outages here so it may take awhile.

CG_1976
September 14th, 2009, 21:08
Prop works me in SP2 FSX and no Gauge issues, just a few alpha area's in the VC overhead panel and near the nose. Otherwise very strong FPS performance then most ports. Me thinks I'll circumnavigate Canada in Both Sims to show Fs9 and FSX's beauty:ernae:.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 15th, 2009, 07:54
Thank you for the explanation, Rob! :ernae:
Now that I know what TLI CHO means, I can paste it with good conscience. Readers of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or admirers of Monty Python's should know something about interlangual embarrassment - always good to avoid it... :engel016:

Regards,
Markus.

srgalahad
September 15th, 2009, 11:14
Nice overview of the DHC-7 IR-150 (to give it's full name):
http://www.casr.ca/bg-aerospace-dhc7-dash7.htm

Tim, Note 1 at the bottom of the page will give you some good ideas for flight planning your trips:icon_lol:

thunder100
September 16th, 2009, 01:00
Yes Sir! You have that correct. Innsbruck is one of my favorite departure points for Alps flying. There are many beautiful hours of flying available just hitting the Austrian airports, a wonderously awesome place.

As I life in Austria and 1/2 of my realtives are from Tyrol I can agree .But knowing the mountains I fly usually out of Santa Barbara (KSBA)

Entertaining is coming from East(Vienna) and landing to the east(Wind) then you fly 180°turn with a kind of knife-flight(direct translation to english,dont know how it is called in fact a 90°roll) 400 m over the cliffs of the North chain mountains.It always frightens the passengers to death

Roland

Wild Bill Kelso
September 16th, 2009, 07:44
... and the "circling approach" to rwy08 at LOWI looks like this:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/Airbus-A320-214/1477166/L/

Wild Bill Kelso
September 16th, 2009, 08:23
...but some 8.000 ft above Skagway (Holger's incredible Glacier Bay area):

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi1.jpg

Quick&dirty of course, but I think this repaint will turn out very nice...
(Shockwave 3D lights and the new HDE cloud set applied)

thunder100
September 16th, 2009, 11:41
... and the "circling approach" to rwy08 at LOWI looks like this:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/Airbus-A320-214/1477166/L/

The Dashes (7,8 and Q400) do this much more dramatic.Almost vertical wings really

Roland

Wild Bill Kelso
September 16th, 2009, 11:46
Gettin' closer:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi2.jpg

Holy maloney, these new high-def clouds are awesome! :jump:
Thanks to LouP for providing the 3Dlights parameters! :applause:

The only bummer we have to live with is that the port foreward windows of the series 100 model don't align with the cargo door of the 103...

Milton Shupe
September 16th, 2009, 15:22
I am curious if you are using the layered kit.

Great looking paint scheme coming along well.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 17th, 2009, 04:55
Thanks, Milton! :ernae:

Yes, I use the layered PSP set.
The "full length" fuselage texture is great for applying the stripes, but some kind of hard to cut and paste the merged set to the real mapping. I created some adjustment marks to get it going.

I hope I can have her ready this weekend...

Cheers,
Markus.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 17th, 2009, 07:52
Actually I have a newer version of a Dash 7-103 coming, nearly done.

I almost missed this great news!
Assuming that the texture mapping will be the same as for the 100 version, I'll wait with the release of the AIR TINDI livery until the cargo hauler is available.

Taking it for granted that the cargo door will open, their door frames of course have to be in correct position.

Sorry for the AIT TINDI lovers, but I think it's worth waiting until you can get your cargo way up north...

Cheers,
Markus.

Milton Shupe
September 17th, 2009, 10:12
Bill,

Although the new Dash 7 is likely 100 hours (of my time) of being released, it is on hold awaiting textures and paint kit.

The paint kit is different as most of the exterior model has been redone, improved, and the cargo door is a bit different. It will likely be early 2010 at best before it is ready.

I show it here with André Folkers cargo paint from the early version and although the fuselage is close (I tried to get it as close as possible) it is still different. Note that the nacelles, rear nacelle wing attachment, and wing cap as well as the fuse are all different. Any work you do on the existing will mostly be easily portable in your graphics program with minor changes and touch ups I think.

CG_1976
September 17th, 2009, 14:45
Oh please release a V1 AIR TINDI paint please:jump:

PeteHam
September 17th, 2009, 21:12
Oh please release a V1 AIR TINDI paint please:jump:

Oh yes please :applause:

Pete.

racartron
September 18th, 2009, 03:46
"Now that I know what TLI CHO means, I can paste it with good conscience. Readers of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or admirers of Monty Python's should know something about interlangual embarrassment - always good to avoid it... :engel016:"

Ah, now I understand how your paints turn out so great/ You are using the Improbability Drive to create them:icon_lol: That way you can avoid those pesky slaps in the face when you have a thought:jump:

Wild Bill Kelso
September 18th, 2009, 09:13
... Any work you do on the existing will mostly be easily portable in your graphics program with minor changes and touch ups I think.

O.K. - you got me!
I'll release the paint for the 100 series but will omit the cargo door frames. So it will be a 'semi-fictional' paint just to bridge over the time to the 103 model's release. We'll just have to avoid bulky cargo...

I don't know when I can return to the paint hut: Currently, I'm suffering from some nasty gastric flu and on tuesday, I'll be off to Turkey to a quick one-week vacation. So please be patient!

Thank you, racarton!
Yes, the Improbability Drive is a fine thing once you can handle it. I just don't have any idea what to do with all those petunia pots... :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Markus.

adhockey
September 18th, 2009, 21:21
Now that I know what TLI CHO means, I can paste it with good conscience.

At first I confused TLI CHO with "thit cho" but I knew that just couldn't be right. Why would someone name their airline after that?!?

Wild Bill Kelso
September 19th, 2009, 12:43
Allright, folks - she's almost done:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi3.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi4.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi5.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi6.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/tindi7.jpg

Just have to pack her (tomorrow) and up she goes!

Cheers,
Markus.

Milton Shupe
September 19th, 2009, 14:03
Well, now there is a work of art for which you can be proud. :applause:

HighGround22
September 19th, 2009, 15:18
. . . a work of art for which you can be proud. :applause:
Yessir! I shall be glomming-onto that little rascal ASAP, Sir!

CG_1976
September 19th, 2009, 16:10
And for those who have both Fs9 and FSX head on over to the FSX neighbor as Yellowknife is being reborn. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22999
Yellowknife is the home base for Tindi, be land or water or ski's.

srgalahad
September 19th, 2009, 22:30
And for those who have both Fs9 and FSX head on over to the FSX neighbor as Yellowknife is being reborn. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22999
Yellowknife is the home base for Tindi, be land or water or ski's.

and Sidney Schwartz did a fine YZF for FS9
FS2004 Scenery--Yellowknife Airport
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=99337) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=99337) ]
Name:cyzfssv1.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=99337) Size: 3,054,734 Date: 03-22-2006 Downloads: 723

CG_1976
September 19th, 2009, 22:56
Sidney Schwartz was at avsim awhile ago looking into updating his scenery. I pm him and offered any help I can offer. Hopefully i'll hear something and have good news otherwise I'll campaign for a new updated Yellowknife in Fs9.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 20th, 2009, 03:54
Well, now there is a work of art for which you can be proud.
Thank you so much, Milton!
But your DASH7 is the work of art, I just added some handicraft... :kilroy:

She just went over to flightsim and the Outhouse.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/dhc7_tindi1.jpg

Pausing at Ft. Resolution CYFR (Pete & Sid's Viva Scenery Volume 1 by Peter Ham and Sidney Schwartz).

For FSX users (Jon - ya hear me?):
This repaint was also tested in FSX SP1 and seems to work quite well with it (besides the usual gauge issues...). FSX thumbnail and altered 'spinprop_t.bmp' file (recommendation by Milton) included:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/dhc7_tindi_fsx.jpg

(FSX Yellowknife)

I hope you don't mind the little artistic license I allowed concerning the 'invasion stripes' at the wing's upper side. I don't know if the exhaust touched areas are really painted black, but it made sense to me...

Have fun!

Markus.

Milton Shupe
September 20th, 2009, 04:08
On some liveries they are painted black but there is no consistent pattern even within a given livery. Greenland Air (before Air Greenland) had some of both as did Tyrolean.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 20th, 2009, 07:46
On some liveries they are painted black but there is no consistent pattern even within a given livery.

Good to hear this!
The pics of the Tindi C-GCEV do show that the engine nacelle's upper sides are painted black, so I thought this was a good reason to do it with the wings also.
One more riddle is still to be solved:
The "L" letter at the rudder (whatever it should mean...) was flipped at the starboard side - at least one photo of the (early Tindi livery) C-FASC at airliners.net shows this. Couldn't get any pic of the C-GCEV starboard rudder, so I flipped it either. "It's not a bug - it's a feature!" :jump:

Wild Bill Kelso
September 20th, 2009, 08:44
Well, I think I found some confirmation concerning the 'invasion stripes':
If I'm not too wrong, this pic of Yellowknife shows a white DASH7 with black exhaust areas:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/googleearth_cyzf.jpg

Note the several DC-3, Canadair water bombers and some more immortal propliners (DC-6?) at the boneyard!
Maybe CG_1976 ("our man at Yellowknife") could confirm my findings...? :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Markus.

PeteHam
September 20th, 2009, 11:46
The new paint looks great Markus and I can't wait to try it out :jump:

It's nice to see you're using our Ft. Resolution CYFR scenery.

There has been an update for Sid's Yellowknife scenery but it hasn't been released yet.

:ernae:

Pete.

CG_1976
September 20th, 2009, 13:26
Where Where linky please to Ft. Resolution CYFR scenery:jump:. Bone Yard?? what bone yard lol, dont let the bush pilots up here hear that. That area is the mechanical area for Buffalo and Tindi and well the CL's just park were they feel like it. That Dash 7 I can confirm today has black invasion stripes.

PeteHam
September 20th, 2009, 14:11
Where Where linky please to Ft. Resolution CYFR scenery:jump:.........

Ft. Resolution CYFR (Pete & Sid's Viva Scenery Volume 1 by Peter Ham and Sidney Schwartz).

Do a search at Flightsim for ' Pete & Sid's Scenery ' .... there's 6 entries.

Pete.

CG_1976
September 20th, 2009, 14:14
Thank You Pete, let me know if you hear anything on a new version YZF for Fs9 please.

dogknot
September 20th, 2009, 14:36
Where Where linky please to Ft. Resolution CYFR scenery:jump:. Bone Yard?? what bone yard lol, dont let the bush pilots up here hear that. That area is the mechanical area for Buffalo and Tindi and well the CL's just park were they feel like it. That Dash 7 I can confirm today has black invasion stripes.

Actually, Ft. Resolution CYFR is in Volume 2.

at flightsim.com :
FS2004 Pete & Sid's Viva Scenery Volume 2
pss_2.zip

PeteHam
September 20th, 2009, 14:54
Thank You Pete, let me know if you hear anything on a new version YZF for Fs9 please.

I used Sid's basic Yellowknife scenery and added a whole heap more hangars and ramp objects etc.

Sid was talking about releasing an updated scenery pack sometime ...........

Pete.

CG_1976
September 20th, 2009, 15:03
Roger that Pete, i'll be sending you a pm soon reguarding the NWT area.

CG_1976
September 20th, 2009, 22:08
Pete, can you get me please a new made afcad for Diavik. The one included is the only one I cant convert or update with ADE9 or X.

PeteHam
September 20th, 2009, 23:30
Pete, can you get me please a new made afcad for Diavik. The one included is the only one I cant convert or update with ADE9 or X.

If you PM me your email addy I'll get it to you.

Pete.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 21st, 2009, 07:15
Here we go:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Turboprops FS2004 Air Tindi DeHavilland DHC-7
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139351) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=139351) ]
Name: dhc7tindi.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139351) Size: 5,452,059 Date: 09-21-2009
http://www.flightsim.com/o/dhc7tindi.gif FS2004 Air Tindi DeHavilland DHC-7. An Air Tindi repaint for the DeHavilland Dash7. Air Tindi is an airline based in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. It operates scheduled and on demand charter services. These are texture files only. Prior installation of the DeHavilland DHC-7 base pack D7VCMDLA.ZIP (http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=D7VCMDLA.ZIP), created by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joao Paz and Aaron Swindle, is required. Works fine with FSX SP1 too, not tested with FSX SP2. By Markus Hellwig.

Also available here (of course...):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=14997

Milton Shupe
September 21st, 2009, 15:47
Thank you sir ... just downloaded ... :medals:

PeteHam
September 21st, 2009, 18:11
Thanks Marcus , the paint looks really great :applause:

And it also works well on the cargo version :jump:

Pete.

CG_1976
September 21st, 2009, 21:34
Now who has the 440Sq's Twotter in Fs9 ????

Sidney Schwartz
September 21st, 2009, 21:43
and Sidney Schwartz did a fine YZF for FS9
FS2004 Scenery--Yellowknife Airport
Thanks for the kind words! :mixedsmi:

Sidney Schwartz was at avsim awhile ago looking into updating his scenery. I pm him and offered any help I can offer. Hopefully i'll hear something and have good news otherwise I'll campaign for a new updated Yellowknife in Fs9.
I did see that pm and was about to reply when Pete pointed me to this thread. I really appreciate your offer of assistance. Pete & I have been working on making my original version of Yellowknife more accurate. I don't have the time (or desire) to model all of the buildings, but I would like to do the terminal building in Gmax for V2. The most helpful thing for me to have would be photos covering all sides of the building, if possible. If I have straight-on shots I may even be able to texture the building using the photos. In any case an updated version of Yellowknife will be released, new terminal or no. If you'd like to discuss this further, let's please use email...it's much more convenient for me. My address is sidney.schwartz@comcast.net.

CG_1976
September 21st, 2009, 21:48
Hi, Sidney I'll try to grab you some pics of the terminal and send them over via E-mail.

Sidney Schwartz
September 22nd, 2009, 11:08
That would be great. Thanks so much! There's no hurry...I've got plenty of stuff on my projects list to keep me busy.

Meet me at Pete's Retreat and I'll treat you to some great food and proper beer. :wavey:

Milton Shupe
September 22nd, 2009, 15:46
I am curious what the "upstairs" in that building is used for. :)

Tom Clayton
September 22nd, 2009, 15:59
That's probably one of those places that you just pretend isn't there!:kilroy:

PeteHam
September 22nd, 2009, 16:54
I am curious what the "upstairs" in that building is used for. :)

:icon_lol:

It's not THAT sort of place :icon_lol:

It's a family establishment and upstairs is accommodation for visitors :sleep: .

Pete.

Wild Bill Kelso
September 30th, 2009, 07:23
Coming up next:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_1.jpg

Grabbing some pics of the real CC-132, I found out that 132 001 was a 100 series without cargo door, so it will be the one to be depicted.
Please don't mind the TINDI nacelles - it's (as usual) a very early WIP status...

Cheers,
Markus.

rohan
September 30th, 2009, 10:31
Markus,
hope you had a good holiday in Turkey. Are you still planning to do the original factory scheme as shown top left in Milton's post (#32) ? Please, please say yes ...
best regards,
Ro
:icon29:

Wild Bill Kelso
September 30th, 2009, 12:28
Hi, Rohan!

Sorry, mate - this factory livery sure loks nice, but there are some other projects waiting for their release:
After the CC-132 001, the AIR TINDI Twin Otter will be next, and then it's about time for a Dizzy Three again. Don't want to tell too much by now, but it will be a another well-known airline located in the Northwest Territories... :icon_lol:

Here's the current status of the CF Quad Otter:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_2.jpg

Still have some issues in placing the roundels on the wing's upper side:
Some strange distorsions in the spoiler areas make me wonder if I can ever paste them there...

Cheers,
Markus.

Flyboy208
September 30th, 2009, 14:09
Beautiful work Gentlemen, Milton & Team for the aircraft, and Markus for the repaint. Many thanks! Mike :ernae:

CG_1976
September 30th, 2009, 14:18
Buffalo, NWT to name a few off hand.

Flyboy208
September 30th, 2009, 18:24
Danke Markus, amazing repaint Meine Herr! Mike :applause:

A few shots from my arrival at CYRO Rockcliffe ...

dogknot
September 30th, 2009, 18:36
Nice series of pics. Nice paint job. You must be on the "special" list. :mixedsmi:

Looking forward to it's release.

Flyboy208
September 30th, 2009, 18:39
Nice series of pics. Nice paint job. You must be on the "special" list. :mixedsmi:

Looking forward to it's release.

Brent, the aircraft has been out for some time now ... up at Flightsim ..

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139351

And the repaint by Markus is available here in the library, as well as @ Flightsim...

Take Care, Mike :wiggle:

adhockey
September 30th, 2009, 19:09
Markus,
hope you had a good holiday in Turkey. Are you still planning to do the original factory scheme as shown top left in Milton's post (#32) ? Please, please say yes ...
best regards,
Ro
:icon29:

Second that! Been hoping for the factory paint since the bird first rolled out of Milt's hangar.

dogknot
September 30th, 2009, 19:25
Brent, the aircraft has been out for some time now ... up at Flightsim ..

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139351

And the repaint by Markus is available here in the library, as well as @ Flightsim...

Take Care, Mike :wiggle:

My error, Mike. I've had the Dash7 since it's first release way back when (FS2002 in 2004?). The Tli Cho paint I have also (a real beauty). I could have sworn your series of pics was the newest CC-132 paint job.

Oops! I was trying to give you a hard time on having the newest sneak-peek release.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 2nd, 2009, 04:47
Buffalo, NWT to name a few off hand.

Thanks for spoiling! :d
But this wasn't too hard to guess anyway, wasn't it?

It will presumably be this one:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Buffalo-Airways/Douglas-DC-3.../0199824/L/

Tim-HH already did a different BUFFALO repaint (more 'modern' style), and he was so kind to help me with the lettering!

Concerning the DASH7 factory livery, I must confess that I don't like those fancy special or anniversary paints too much. Hard to imagine taking such version out for a rough cargo haul...

Maybe some of the other talented repainters here would like to take over...?
Using the 'full fuselage length' layered paint kit mentioned above is highly recommended!

Cheers,
Markus.

adhockey
October 2nd, 2009, 19:50
Concerning the DASH7 factory livery, I must confess that I don't like those fancy special or anniversary paints too much. Hard to imagine taking such version out for a rough cargo haul...

That's a shame. But if you are looking for a challenge...
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Arkia-Israeli-Airlines/De-Havilland-Canada/0694244/L/&sid=9f9f6a401e3ad7dc155c3b55f51453e6
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Skyline-Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0330465/L/&sid=9f9f6a401e3ad7dc155c3b55f51453e6
or
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Arkia-Israeli-Airlines/De-Havilland-Canada/0748458/L/&sid=9f9f6a401e3ad7dc155c3b55f51453e6
:isadizzy:

Milton Shupe
October 2nd, 2009, 19:59
Markus,

I sincerely appreciate your efforts at keeping the Dash 7 alive and fresh. Excellent work Sir. :medals:

Wild Bill Kelso
October 3rd, 2009, 03:00
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, Milton!
I appreciate it very much.

And thanks to the others too! :ernae:

@ adhockey:
Huh - those birds are screaming colourful!
Definately not my cup of tea... :icon_lol:

But this one is nearly ready to be rolled out of the shed:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_5.jpg

The wing's roundels are not placed correctly, but - as I wrote before - this is the only location I could paste them without distorsions...

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_4.jpg

Same goes with the underwing lettering.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_3.jpg

Pausing at flightontario's marvellous Goose Bay.
(get it here: http://www.flightontario.com/dl_04_listing.htm )

Just have to pack her and write the usual background data.
Should be zoomed over this weekend.

Cheers,
Markus.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 4th, 2009, 03:26
Up at flightsim now:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 Canadian Forces CC-132 001
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139733) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=139733) ]
Name: cc132001.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139733) Size: 5,148,679 Date: 10-04-2009 Downloads: 2
http://www.flightsim.com/o/cc132001.gif FS2004 Canadian Forces CC-132 001. Canadian Forces CC-132 repaint for the DeHavilland Dash 7. These are texture files only. Prior installation of the DeHavilland DHC-7 base pack D7VCMDLA.ZIP (http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=D7VCMDLA.ZIP), created by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joao Paz and Aaron Swindle, is required. Works fine with FSX SP1 too, not tested with FSX SP2. By Markus Hellwig.

Here as well:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15057

Have fun!

Cheers,
Markus.

gribouil
October 4th, 2009, 05:12
Many thanks Markus! :ernae:

LouP
October 4th, 2009, 05:55
Hey Markus,

Thank you for the textures and thanks for the plug. I feel like Mike Wocowski from Monsters Inc. ;).

LouP :wavey:

Wild Bill Kelso
October 4th, 2009, 07:04
... and thanks for the plug. I feel like Mike Wocowski from Monsters Inc. ;).

"The plug"?
This is quite a challenge to my translation capabilities: My online-dictionary tells me that "to plug sth." means some kind of promotion (didn't know that before...). Do you mean my mentioning of your 3D lights parameters? You deserve the credits! :applause:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/monsters.jpg

But I'm not that furry at all! :icon_lol:

For those who like more colourful aircraft:
This one is about to be sent over:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/cc132001_6.jpg

The real CC-132s of course never were painted in this yellow "FIP" scheme!
But inspired by the CC-115 'Buffalo' (DHC-5) and the CC-138 'Twin Otter' (DHC-6), this is how they may have looked like.

Cheers,
Markus.

LouP
October 4th, 2009, 07:13
It's all good Markus, thank you. :wiggle:

LouP

Z-claudius24
October 4th, 2009, 07:23
Hi

As one of my prefered "Viermot" is the Dash 7 .. all those repaints are very appreciated :)
And I like Goose bay .. and also Frobisher Bay(I visited both sometime in a other life)
Great places for see the Ice Patrol planes :)
Was great to see the Avro Shackleton returning from patrol.

CG_1976
October 4th, 2009, 07:57
Thank you Markus and im really awaitin the Canadian SAR colorful birdy.

Paul K
October 4th, 2009, 09:12
Excellent work, Markus. Just installed that first one, a very nice repaint indeed.

Milton Shupe
October 4th, 2009, 17:20
Yes sir ... I am loving this one too. LOL :applause:

Flyboy208
October 4th, 2009, 18:35
Markus, I can't thank you enough !!! Mike :ernae::guinness:

westjet
October 4th, 2009, 19:10
and of course you've just "volunteered" to get Markus any detail pics he needs:icon_lol:.

Not long til the lake freezes over and you'll be watching another season of float changes!

Rob

(now to find the Time Air pics to seduce Markus into a bit more Canadiana)
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Time-Air/De-Havilland-Canada/1566194/&sid=a10129a303123fa1f9dde99996598fe3
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Time-Air/De-Havilland-Canada/0557075/&sid=a10129a303123fa1f9dde99996598fe3

This would be a great paint as i flew on this aircraft many times in my youth out of CYQL on Time Air , and if painted i would fly the props off it.Locally know as Time Scare it was a great little airline to fly on with their Convairs, Shorts and then the Dash's.Flying sure has changed now days.
They also crosswind tested the Dash7 in Lethbridge that was painted in the factory maple leaf colors and for a few weeks that summer i was treated to many views of this bird running through its paces.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 5th, 2009, 08:41
I can't help it - this fictitious yellow repaint somehow looks like this bird:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/big-bird_1365392c.jpg

The more I'm glad you like it!

And here it is:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 Canadian DeHavilland Dash 7 CC-132
[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139778) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=139778) ]
Name: cc132yellow.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139778) Size: 5,384,124 Date: 10-05-2009
http://www.flightsim.com/o/cc132yellow.gif FS2004 Canadian DeHavilland Dash 7 CC-132. Canadian Forces CC-132 fictitious yellow "FIP" repaint for the DeHavilland Dash 7. The real CC-132s never were painted in this yellow scheme, but inspired by the CC-115 'Buffalo' (DHC-5) and the CC-138 'Twin Otter' (DHC-6), this is how they may have looked. These are texture files only. Prior installation of the DeHavilland DHC-7 base pack (D7VCMDLA.ZIP (http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=D7VCMDLA.ZIP)) by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joao Paz and Aaron Swindle, is required. Works fine with FSX SP1 too, not tested with FSX SP2. By Markus Hellwig.

@ Rob and westjet:

This TIME AIR repaint looks challenging. I wonder if I could deal with those curved lines spreading over the aft fuselage and tailfin.
Haven't been successful with vectored lines up to now, but we'll see...

Cheers,
Markus.

Z-claudius24
October 5th, 2009, 10:56
Hi,

This fictitious yellow one is stunning !

http://i38.tinypic.com/33vdh82.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/141jsk0.jpg

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

HighGround22
October 5th, 2009, 13:56
. . . The real CC-132s of course never were painted in this yellow "FIP" scheme! . . . this is how they may have looked like.
Oh, MY-oh-my! Eye-popping goodies such as this, Markus me man, do a sterling job of replacing chesterfield rugby, now in the winter of my years!

Milton Shupe
October 5th, 2009, 14:39
Superb! :medals:

CG_1976
October 5th, 2009, 15:17
And a few piccies of this beautiful paint:ernae: from the FSX side. Oh and will the mechanics please report to Ramp 3 at YZF. The Anti Collision light is a disco in the VC:mixedsmi:. Thank you Markus and Milton.

Milton Shupe
October 5th, 2009, 19:06
Relief is coming ...

westjet
October 5th, 2009, 19:53
You guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing you toys with the rest of us boys.The Dash 7 has been the most flown aircraft in my hanger since its release back in the FS2002 days and with a couple of grand of payware in the hanger i still always come back to Milton's Dash7.
When Time Air started to fly the Dash 7 i was a kid and flew on them twice a month. The pilots always let me ride up front for a while, giving me a map to help them find the way(they always seemed to get lost when i was on their flights). To bad those days are gone that a kid can fly up front and get an experience of a lifetime.

PeteHam
October 8th, 2009, 21:19
Thank you Markus :applause::applause:

You've added new life into Milton's fantastic Dash 7 :jump:

Here we're enroute from Yellowknife (CYZF) to Atlin (CYSQ)

Pete.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 10th, 2009, 04:45
Talking about Yellowknife:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/buffalo4.jpg

Thank you, Sid & Pete for your beautiful V2 upgrade! :applause:
Can't imagine any better place for my "repaint evaluation flights"...

Cheers,
Markus.

RL_201
October 10th, 2009, 20:00
Someone has taken flying the Air Tindi repaint just a little too far :jawdrop:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGVSDXTs0v8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGVSDXTs0v8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:monkies:

PeteHam
October 10th, 2009, 21:08

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/buffalo4.jpg

Thank you, Sid & Pete for your beautiful V2 upgrade! :applause:
Can't imagine any better place for my "repaint evaluation flights"...

Cheers,
Markus.

Glad you're enjoying it Markus :jump:

I took a bit of artistic licence with the rebuild :icon_lol:

Your new Buffalo paint will fit in well :applause:

Pete.

srgalahad
October 10th, 2009, 22:56
Glad you're enjoying it Markus :jump:

I took a bit of artistic licence with the rebuild :icon_lol:

Your new Buffalo paint will fit in well :applause:

Pete.

But Pete, you and Sidney had better get some insulation in the old Esso barn before the real freeze comes or you'll be chipping icicles off your icicles. Hope VIVA got a good price, but IIRC the heaters never worked well either.

Rob

CG_1976
October 10th, 2009, 23:13
But Pete, you and Sidney had better get some insulation in the old Esso barn before the real freeze comes or you'll be chipping icicles off your icicles. Hope VIVA got a good price, but IIRC the heaters never worked well either.

Rob

ROFLX12 And the heaters still dont work. Not even tonite.
Just looked at the temp and its current -4.5°C windchill -7.5.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 11th, 2009, 00:59
Someone has taken flying the Air Tindi repaint just a little too far

Holy cow! :eek:
This guy almost ruined my paint! :angryfir:

srgalahad
October 11th, 2009, 03:33
ROFLX12 And the heaters still dont work. Not even tonite.
Just looked at the temp and its current -4.5°C windchill -7.5.

AWWWWWWW... poor fella! It's -7.5C here in downtown cowtown and there's some fluffy white stuff falling. Just got back from the airport (sending SWMBO to the sunny? south of Illernoise)

BTW, that Tindi fly-past is southbound over the ice strip that, in summer, is the Yellowknife Water Aerodrome (CEN9) and was probably shot from the roof of the Tindi office.

Rob

srgalahad
October 11th, 2009, 03:35

Thank you, Sid & Pete for your beautiful V2 upgrade! :applause: Cheers,
Markus.

Ummmmm.. did I miss something?? V2??? where??

Rob

Wild Bill Kelso
October 11th, 2009, 07:39
I found it on the VIVA site, Rob.
Sid stated there:

...the latest version of the Yellowknife scenery that Pete and I have been working on. This is an update based on the earlier version I did myself. .... There will be further refinements, but the scenery is pretty much complete as it is. The finished version will be uploaded to Avsim or some other site.
So I don't know if they want it to be spreaded around in the current status...?

Z-claudius24
October 13th, 2009, 22:45
Hi,

A old link:
http://fly.to/dash7

Sidney Schwartz
October 14th, 2009, 10:42
Ummmmm.. did I miss something?? V2??? where??
Only a few people have it....it's still a work in progress. It's not radically different than the first version...we're just tweaking it to be a bit more accurate. Tim's being very helpful with that. The finished version will be uploaded to the usual sites for public consumption. Can't say when. If Tim can manage to get me some pics of the main terminal I'd like to do a version of it in Gmax, and that will take some time.