PDA

View Full Version : Window7 fo-bar

hey_moe
September 8th, 2009, 01:31
Last night I took my pooter out of sleep mode and it rebooted and went right into check disk ( Windows 7 /64 ). Anyway I noticed it started this " Deleting security file and replacing with default." This went on for about 15 minutes with thousands of so called security files being replaced. I went ahead and did a forced reboot and stopped it, but I was to tired last night to do a format...lol. I have run into this using Vista and let it run it's course and it crashed my OS so bad I had to do a complete reinstall.....there is really no reason MS has given for this but I was wondering if any of you guys have run across this mess yet.Sometime this week I plan on doing a full format cus it kinda of bothered me to see something like this happen..Mike

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 01:48
Hmmm...not yet

hey_moe
September 8th, 2009, 02:07
Good morning Ted...yeah I should have know if there was a weird type of problem I would get it...lol. I have read a lot of this kind of thing happening on the older OS but not the newer ones. Like I said before MS has not released a reason as to why and it seems to be a random issue. Everything still works fine but it does bother me to see something like this happen. Ya always wonder what really happened in the background and what kind of damage is going on. Who can really say what damage was done to the OS security or your payware security...Mike

Snuffy
September 8th, 2009, 03:18
Nope not me ...

Still happy with XP Professional. :)

ananda
September 8th, 2009, 06:01
Never use sleep mode :stop:

Bone
September 8th, 2009, 07:03
Never use sleep mode :stop:

Hahaha... "you snooze, you lose"...Oops, sorry for your troubles hey_moe. My FS computer started booting into a black screen about two weeks ago. I get a small white window that says some feature of windows security failed to initialize. I'm going to order Windows 7 and dump Vista Ultimate 32 bit altogether.

tigisfat
September 8th, 2009, 07:04
That really sounds like a virus that's becoming more prevalent. There was a rootkit that couldn't be detected by anyone's antivirus software until a few months ago, and that rootkit brought forth the 'security file' swapping virus. I've been through it once already, but thankfully with minimal data loss.

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 07:21
Good morning Ted...yeah I should have know if there was a weird type of problem I would get it...lol. I have read a lot of this kind of thing happening on the older OS but not the newer ones. Like I said before MS has not released a reason as to why and it seems to be a random issue. Everything still works fine but it does bother me to see something like this happen. Ya always wonder what really happened in the background and what kind of damage is going on. Who can really say what damage was done to the OS security or your payware security...Mike

Mike are you using your setup in a dual boot using VM Ware?

Lionheart
September 8th, 2009, 09:18
Sorry to hear this Mike. I remember this happened to you earlier this year (or was it last year).

<-- still WinXP here (and MacOSX)

Oddly, 2 days ago, on my laptop (hp DV6000 with WinXP), I closed the laptop without turning it off, which should put it to sleep. When I opened it 10 min's later, it has a blue screen, with a warning message about failures in systems and the last sentence in bold letters at the bottom said 'Beginning total dump of all physical memory now!'

I quickly did a forced shutdown (holding down the off button) and then rebooted. Luckily all was fine.

Talk about instant heart rate, high blood pressure spiking!

Bill

hey_moe
September 8th, 2009, 10:14
Hi Ted, no to the dual boot. I have each of the hard drives with there own OS. Oh course I could really care less about having to format the hard drive. I decided long time ago to put all my important stuff on the Apple laptop. My main frame pooter is just for screwing up stuff...like right now.The only thing I really hate about this is I had FSX like I want it....da story of my life...Mike
Mike are you using your setup in a dual boot using VM Ware?

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 15:17
Getting FSX just like ya want it and then to have it ruined-makes ya wanna weep!

hey_moe
September 9th, 2009, 01:33
Well got it formatted last night and all the updates and programs installed. Haven't had a chance to reinstall FSX. After playing around with it I went back and hooked up the other 5 hard drives and rebooted and it tried to do this check disk crap again...lol. I stopped it before it started this delete chet again. One of the hard drives is causing this, I started unplugging them one at a time to find out which one was the trouble maker. This morning I took it out of sleep mode and first thing I got was the BSOD and then it rebooted fine....well at least I got one part figure out....I believe a video driver is causing the BSOD because last night when I changed the resolution it crashed.