PDA

View Full Version : CFS 3 problem

pjmac35
September 8th, 2009, 01:02
Haven't played this for a while and now can't see target cone or get padlock.
Any ideas?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Wyld45
September 8th, 2009, 05:00
Hopefully its a simple matter. Make sure you go through your "controller" list and double check
your function buttons. Your target cone at default should be "tab" and Shift-Tab to cycle back.
At the moment I dont remember what padlock was. If that doesnt do it, you may have to uninstall
and just reload the game. Hope you dont have to do that though.

Good-luck and welcome back to CFS3!

pjmac35
September 8th, 2009, 05:25
Thanks for taking the time, but does this sound familiar? You struggle for days with a problem then finally resort to the Forum. Very next time you start the sim you arrive at the answer!!! So embarassing! I had forgotten to Select Target first by pressing "Tab" And, yes, I did reinstall it! What fun!

Actually, after a long absence and dalliance with IL-2, I must say I thought CFS3 was very good.

Thanks again

Pat Macguire

ndicki
September 8th, 2009, 06:09
Pat, if you're "new" to CFS3, go and download the ETO, PTO and Med Air War expansions. They will knock you for six!

grizzly50
September 8th, 2009, 07:15
Thanks for taking the time, but does this sound familiar? You struggle for days with a problem then finally resort to the Forum. Very next time you start the sim you arrive at the answer!!! So embarassing! I had forgotten to Select Target first by pressing "Tab" And, yes, I did reinstall it! What fun!

Actually, after a long absence and dalliance with IL-2, I must say I thought CFS3 was very good.

Thanks again

Pat Macguire

:kilroy:Pjmac35, to toggle the targeting indicators on/off in-game is: Ctrl + Shift + I (the letter "I").

After the indicators are up, you can target the cone itself on/off by just using I (the letter "I").

The TAC screen is toggled on/off by using Shift + T.

The TAC can further modified to show aircraft only, ships only, vehicles onl, etc, simply by pressing T to cycle through the various TAC screen subjects.

The damage test that comes down the screen as things happen can be toggled on/off by Shift + D.:d