PDA

View Full Version : Some RAZBAM news..better sit down..

Prowler1111
September 7th, 2009, 13:05
Gents:
Some exciting news from RAZBAM, here they are
RAZBAM welcomes aboard Mr Michael Davies and his F-100 Super Sabre project to our productīs line up!Michael is well known for his accurate depiction of jets and choppers and also aircraft carriers (not released yet, but you can find about it here at SOH).Canīt give too much details as currently Michael is storming Walt Disney World with his family, but once he comes back , he will fill us in.

A-7 Corsair II development has been picke up from where it was left (due to the F-102), the A-7 was a Gmax based project, but now has been converted into a 3DSMax project giving us more space to improvement and to include some tricks not possible with Gmax.To this extend, the T-2 Buckeye will also be converted to 3DSMax.

Convairīs F-102 Delta Dagger for the Strike Figther Series 2 (which are Vista-able) version will hit the market during this week, includes custom sounds and weapons!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/img00007.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/GCS0222.jpg

F-105G Thunder Chief development is at full steam, currently wings and main gear are mapped and textured, we are aiming for a November release of this exciting aircraft!

Also, please welcome Bob Bauer (aka Boomer here at SOH) with his absolutely stunning Bell 47 project:

http://www.longknife.org/screenshots/B47_1.jpg

You can see more of this development right HERE (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=582)

And now, we save this for the last, itīs a sample of a complete new line of products from RAZBAM, check it out HERE
(http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/razbama36.jpg)
That is all for the moment, more as the news develops..

Best regards
Prowler

Slug Flyer
September 7th, 2009, 13:09
Gents:
And now, we save this for the last, itīs a sample of a complete new line of products from RAZBAM, check it out HERE (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/razbama36.jpg)

Edit: never mind, link working now.

Bone
September 7th, 2009, 13:14
Great news, all of it. Is Strike Fighters II compatible with Windows 7?

Navy Chief
September 7th, 2009, 13:29
SO glad to hear the Corsair II is back on track, and the Buckeye too!!!

With all these great 70s era warbirds (i.e. Dino's Tomcat), PLUS Razbam's Corsair, Intruder, Prowler, and Buckeye......... I am going to have a full flight deck!

OH YEAH!

Navy Chief

Tim_Horton
September 7th, 2009, 15:15
The link only goes to a photo of a in progress craft.

N2056
September 7th, 2009, 15:30
I think that's the idea. Looks like the new product line will be GA planes...and good looking ones at that! :icon29:

MCDesigns
September 7th, 2009, 15:31
Great news!! :ernae::ernae:

Reddog
September 7th, 2009, 16:04
I think that's the idea. Looks like the new product line will be GA planes...and good looking ones at that! :icon29:
YEA!! But how about one that's not been done for X yet? Pipers Commanche.:jump:

Panther_99FS
September 7th, 2009, 16:33
Wow!
This is all fantastic news for us "Golden Era Of Jets" folks....!!

CodyValkyrie
September 7th, 2009, 16:41
Awesome!

X_eidos2
September 7th, 2009, 16:43
When I first read the headline and it said, " ... better sit down." All I could think was that something bad was about to be announced.

Glad to see I was wrong in my assumptions. Looks like good news all the way around.

MudMarine
September 7th, 2009, 18:01
I don't want to sit down but stand up and applaud!!!:applause::applause:

Prowler1111
September 7th, 2009, 18:14
Thank all of you guys for your comments, yes we are opening a new line of products, GA aircraft and classic airliners , as you all might noticed, time stopped in the mid 80īs here..:mixedsmi:
Rest assured that weīll try to replicate as accurate as possible within the realms of FSX all the aircraft we are working on.Also, for those Strike Fighter series fans that are here, we moved from the original series to series 2, while it do not have multiplayer capabilities, the gameplay+realism has improved dramatically.
So here it is, our 1st GA project:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/razbama36.jpg

Best regards
Prowler

Felixthreeone
September 7th, 2009, 18:37
I will purchase from Razbam when they produce this so called E-2C for FS9 that smudge referred to on the Iris forum. No future purchases til then, FSX or otherwise.

Slug Flyer
September 7th, 2009, 18:47
I will purchase from Razbam when they produce this so called E-2C for FS9 that smudge referred to on the Iris forum. No future purchases til then, FSX or otherwise.

Um...

Huh?

Felixthreeone
September 7th, 2009, 19:04
Exactly as it reads, slug flyer. No uh, or hmmm... about it.

djscoo
September 7th, 2009, 19:24
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10567

The last update I've seen...I, on the other hand will also be purchasing the A-7, T-2, A-4, and AD-1 from Razbam when they get the FSX treatment. (I fully intend to support any developer who shares my love of 70's era naval aviation.):applause:

Slug Flyer
September 7th, 2009, 19:43
Exactly as it reads, slug flyer. No uh, or hmmm... about it.

So you're upset that their priorities aren't what you want them to be and you're doing a little mini-boycott in response. Got it now, thought maybe I misunderstood.

Still not sure what Iris/Smudge has to do with it. I guess you rely on hearsay from one developer to keep posted on the doings of other developers.

N2056
September 7th, 2009, 19:47
Just once can we not drag a good thread down due to the opinion of one person?

djscoo
September 7th, 2009, 19:50
Why can't we all just get along?

ZqsW_noBIjQ
:kilroy:

CBris
September 7th, 2009, 21:14
Great Bell 47 there...

Could I ask for this to be passed on to "Boomer" please: (It is merely a plea, not a complain)

I really would like to see a Brit army Sioux version on which:

There are doors

A yellow "horizon line" on the bubble and the little bit of red wool stuck on the front as a turn and slip indicator (yes, Brit Sioux had these)

I am not so sure the blades bend as much as you show. The Sioux blades wer metal and darned heavy. 130 lbs each, if I remember correctly. This was deliberate and they were "high inertia" to keep them turning if the engine cut. Sort of a flywheel.

There ought to be a lead weight bolted to the bottom of tail rotor guard

The radio try is on the top of the forward tailboom

The elevator has control wires to make it tilt with the cyclic (it moves)

There is a throttle/turbocharger "Cam Box" on the right hand side

The cooler fan is on the front of the engine

Stokes litters are used

Cargo hook option

Tank "Cups" are metal, tanks are slightly wrinkled looking because we (Brit Army) had glass fibre tanks with self-seal liners. The tanks were not perfect "ovoids"

A "three cushion" (backs and seats) interior instead of the single back pad. Ours wer blue leatherette and the centre seat cushion had a cutout for dual collective

Brit Army centre console (G3 and G4 variants)

I am sure some keen Brit reader could drop round to the Army Air Corps museum to do you some imagery

The 3D looks real pretty, but still not "Sioux" enough for my liking... I know, I know... quit moaning ;)

Boomer
September 7th, 2009, 23:58
I really would like to see a Brit army Sioux version...

Frankly I had not considered making that variant but since you mentioned it & for the rest of our friends across the pond I will see what I can dig up for referenced info.

The problem with the 47 is that there is a huge variety of modifications from one to the next, even differences within the same unit. It seems the only thing they all have in common is a rotor on top :icon_lol:

Much of what you asked for is now part of the current model. Doors, no doors, floats, cargo hook, litters etc...

The base mesh is largely done but I am receptive to wish lists. Feel free to post your wishes on the RAZBAM forum (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=593) & if possible I will accommodate.

kilo delta
September 8th, 2009, 01:43
Great news,Prowler/Boomer...am looking forward to all of these future releases :ernae: .Will the Scooters be getting the FSX treatment too?:kilroy:

CBris
September 8th, 2009, 02:00
Well - if you do decide to do a brit version with a "Pants and Corset" engine, you can expect to see the original Blue Budgies in the air again... :D

Pants and Corsets? The Brit Engines used to be overhauled by the Hants and Dorset Bus Company. There was no big oil-barrel silencer, just the turbo, the cam-box (lovely bit of gear to rig... not) and an oil pump that you could shear the studs on one handed... sigh.

Blue Budgies - our name for the Blue Eagles.

BLESS YOU for even reading my plea! Thanks.

empeck
September 8th, 2009, 03:51
How is your project Scorpion going? :kilroy: :engel016:

Dag
September 9th, 2009, 09:00
The F-105G and F-100 is a must have for me. I hope Michael is making a D-model and possibly an F ??

Thanks for the news Ron

Prowler1111
September 9th, 2009, 09:05
How is your project Scorpion going? :kilroy: :engel016:
Well, we fiddled with some sim engines, also there is a huge object library in the making..and thatīs pretty much of what i can openly say..

Prowler

Txmmy83
September 9th, 2009, 09:06
congratulations To all at RAZBAM:ernae:
thats a strong lineup which I am sure great products will be the result!

BR
Tom

Matt Wynn
September 9th, 2009, 09:19
Chris Blue Budgies would be good, and nicknames yeah i knew that one, same as most here won't know the Red Freds, anyways great 47 and heres to hopiing theres a brit Sioux :ernae:

Prowler1111
September 9th, 2009, 09:26
Here is a LINK (http://forum.razbam.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=593) for a Bell 47 wish list..

Prowler

empeck
September 9th, 2009, 09:34
Well, we fiddled with some sim engines, also there is a huge object library in the making..and thatīs pretty much of what i can openly say..

Prowler

I'm glad you're still on track.

Bjoern
September 9th, 2009, 11:25
Great news, all of it. Is Strike Fighters II compatible with Windows 7?

If it runs on Vista, it will run on 7.

Henry
September 9th, 2009, 11:55
All i can say is anything to do with that Michael Davis Bloke
is you are in good hands:applause:
Wait he went to see Mickey Mouse?
rethinking:icon_lol:
H

Kavehpd
September 9th, 2009, 12:17
So I guess RAZBAM Sea King, it is going to be. Can't wait for the Bell 47.

gera
September 9th, 2009, 12:26
Way to go Ron!!!!!!...:ernae::ernae:

michael davies
September 9th, 2009, 17:48
I was press ganged into it Guv !! LOL. Though my fee is high and I get to spend it when I get home, a nice pile of aircraft data books and perhaps some more toy trains to sate that appertite :).

Kindest

Michael

All i can say is anything to do with that Michael Davis Bloke
is you are in good hands:applause:
Wait he went to see Mickey Mouse?
rethinking:icon_lol:
H

michael davies
September 9th, 2009, 17:50
The initial project is a single seat D variant but the mesh has been built to easily allow the required fuselage plug insertion, F ??, was thinking more of C ???.

Kindest

Michael

The F-105G and F-100 is a must have for me. I hope Michael is making a D-model and possibly an F ??

Thanks for the news Ron

Dag
September 10th, 2009, 06:55
Michael,

I was meaning the two seater, I think that's an F model. I think the Danish even called it the TF-100F, the Danes are the ones I remember, vaguely......:jump:

Txmmy83
September 10th, 2009, 07:28
micheal,
are you still working on the Jolly green giant?
or HH3F doesn't which variant it exactly was

BR
Tom

michael davies
September 10th, 2009, 08:08
Aha, I was thinking more of F ?? = F-104 etc and C ??? = C-133 (example) not F-100 variants LOL.

Best

Michael

Michael,

I was meaning the two seater, I think that's an F model. I think the Danish even called it the TF-100F, the Danes are the ones I remember, vaguely......:jump:

michael davies
September 10th, 2009, 08:18
Tom,

The HH-3 needs a new rotor mast and blades and a few small details to finalize the exterior, again one of those interest bubbles that circumnavigate my mental space :). When the bubble pops to the fore it gets a lot of attention, when its wandering free it gets none LOL. Currently it wanders free with a few others, but its time will come in due course.

I admire developers who can remain constantly focused on one subject from start to finish, I cant and its proved fruitless to attempt to change my ways LOL, when I return I'll organise my projects and assess there worth and future value.

Best

Michael

micheal,
are you still working on the Jolly green giant?
or HH3F doesn't which variant it exactly was

BR
Tom

JamesChams
September 10th, 2009, 08:21
As I posted on their forums; I'm getting this for sure... :wiggle: Now, hurry-up and finish it... so, I can start having fun. :icon_lol: :wavey:

http://www.longknife.org/screenshots/B47_1.jpg

falcon409
September 10th, 2009, 09:15
Michael,
I was meaning the two seater, I think that's an F model. I think the Danish even called it the TF-100F, the Danes are the ones I remember, vaguely......
Right you are Dag. . .the F-100 was the very first fighter I worked on out of Tech School (Chanute AFB) in the late 60's at Wheelus AFB, Tripoli, Libya. We had one F model and the rest (about 20) C's and D's.

TF's are what I remember from Perrin AFB, here in Texas (my next base after Wheelus). We had a gaggle of F-102's and the two seaters (side by side) were designated TF's.

Definitely looking forward to the Super Saber.

Dag
September 11th, 2009, 01:59
Right you are Dag. . .the F-100 was the very first fighter I worked on out of Tech School (Chanute AFB) in the late 60's at Wheelus AFB, Tripoli, Libya. We had one F model and the rest (about 20) C's and D's.

TF's are what I remember from Perrin AFB, here in Texas (my next base after Wheelus). We had a gaggle of F-102's and the two seaters (side by side) were designated TF's.

Definitely looking forward to the Super Saber.

Hi Ed.

Yep, I have ref for the C-models at Wheelus at least. I can recommend this book here:

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/f100-super-sabre-flight-colours-2912749085-dtu-9782912749086-us-jet-aircraft/product/?shopid=LM4aa9407c001cc64087e23b73e3&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=60647

It has amazing info on every unit that used the aircraft, also non-US. I bought it a few years back at the shop where the link is from (fly to A'dam and then bus no 190 to Alsmeer (5 mins)). The book consists of colour side views and unit details and I originally intended to use it for ref should there be a decent F-100 for FSX. Now I know there'll be one.
Michael did excellent mapping on his F-84F/RF-84F and I know this cannot be worse :ernae:
Fingers crossed for a smooth development-time :icon_lol:

My own experience with F-100s is limited. We had a couple of Flight Systems Inc F-100Ds at the airport a few years back but I was on vacation and missed them. When I was a kid I went with my father at work sometimes, at Sola Air Station and there were quite a few RDAF F-100s visiting. They were impressive, especially in the heavily weathered Olive Green (matt finish) that they used when transitioning from the Aluminium Polyurethane originally applied. Later came the Glossy Olive Green, that did not look very purposeful but they had good finish 'til the aft section started getting heat exposure.
I also remember the Super Mystere B2 (the French "Hun"), on exchange with the F-5 sqn stationed here... but that was a different story.

Anyway, I will do graphics for this one at one time or another, rest assured !

Have a good weekend
Thanks

Tim_Horton
September 11th, 2009, 06:17
I would pay Top Dollar for a 1969 Piper Aztec... I know someone who Owns one "my family" so it would not be hard to get pictures of anything you want! It has a full screen in it, longer nose, used to look like a baby whale, now it looks like a shark..