PDA

View Full Version : RE: Giant woolly rat found in Papau New Guinea

brad kaste
September 7th, 2009, 09:16
Now,...this is my type of rodent. As large as a house cat and weighs in at 1.5 kg's. Even a tough alley cat would have to have 2nd thoughts in taking this chap on. Putting him leash for a walk would give the pit bulls in the neighborhood a reason to take notice........
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8210000/8210394.stm

Chacha
September 7th, 2009, 09:40
Giant Wooly Rat!

Almost 4 lbs and 2.64 feet long from nose to tail! Wow! That's a huge size for a rat! And did they tame him?

TARPSBird
September 7th, 2009, 09:46
Holy moly, that's a big rat. :eek:
I still think I've seen rats lurking around Navy piers that were close to his size. Amazing that the critter has no fear of people, he just sits there and lets them pet him.

Lionheart
September 7th, 2009, 13:27
Man, that is crazy!!!

'He's just like a little puppie!" he says as he's petting him... lol..

Snuffy
September 7th, 2009, 13:54
Truly a ROUS! :bump:

Piglet
September 7th, 2009, 16:15
That was too cool!:ernae:

OBIO
September 7th, 2009, 22:54
I found a giant wholly spider in the laundry room earlier today. That thing was about the size of a 50 cent piece, and that was with its legs pulled up close to its body. I knew that that sucker was going to lay eggs all over the place....so I killed it. Not that I am anti-spider, but my wife is! By preventing a bazillion baby spiders from being born, I saved myself a bazillion "Honey, come and kill this spider" trips. Never understood how a woman who worked as a nurse for 20 some years, saw people die, saw horrible wounds, stuck her finger in bullet holes...could be afraid to kill a spider the size of a match head.

OBIO

Naismith
September 7th, 2009, 23:18
Just think of the hole they'd make in the baseboard.:mixedsmi:

demorier
September 8th, 2009, 01:01
The rat would make a fair meal for a local around that area.