PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub: Amphib first look

mike_cyul
September 7th, 2009, 09:15
As spotted by a casual photographer.... :)

Just W.I.P shots: closer views when ready. It'll probably have a different paint scheme(s), but I sort of like this one, too. Do you have a fav one?

What would I do without Bill Womack's Plum Island? :applause: (And if you don't have it, what are you doing??)

Mike

Boomer
September 7th, 2009, 09:17
Very nice! :applause::applause::applause:

Any chance of a straight float version? I am not big on amphibs.

Roger
September 7th, 2009, 09:17
They are looking gorgeous Mike!

Cag40Navy
September 7th, 2009, 09:20

yea, there should be..... but mikes the mad-man behind this mean machine

mike_cyul
September 7th, 2009, 09:48

Indeed there is. Just have a look here:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Super_Cub.htm

:)

Mike

Helldiver
September 7th, 2009, 10:23
It funny. I just got back from Plum Island Airport and one of the airplanes that I shot was a Piper Super Cub in for repairs sitting outside the hanger. Almost sitting where you showed your Super Cub.

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2009, 10:28
Excellent modeling and realism. I love it! :medals:

txnetcop
September 7th, 2009, 10:29
Mike ya just can't have enough Cubs. They came in so many varieties when I was flying 'em for real. No two were set up exactly alike. I am very grateful to you and Scott.

Keep 'em coming,
Ted

mike_cyul
September 7th, 2009, 10:32
It funny. I just got back from Plum Island Airport and one of the airplanes that I shot was a Piper Super Cub in for repairs sitting outside the hanger. Almost sitting where you showed your Super Cub.

Would that not be a PA-12 Super Cruiser? But yes, a nice coincidence (and looks like a nice day down there - same here today); it also took me a second to realise that wasn't Bill scenery in the photo!

Mike

bushpilot
September 7th, 2009, 11:03
Dang you tease!!! I'll pass that A2A thingy just because I know this is coming up:applause::applause:. Looking gorgeous... still:medals:

Boomer
September 7th, 2009, 11:12

Mike

That page did it for me, Im sold! :applause::applause::applause:

Helldiver
September 7th, 2009, 11:29
You're right Mike, it is the PA-12 Super Cruiser. Here's the tail.

wilycoyote4
September 7th, 2009, 13:33
:medals: More and more interesting.

MudMarine
September 7th, 2009, 14:40
Wait'n for yours Mike!:applause: That other one...........?

Mathias
September 7th, 2009, 14:47
Me likes!
Those tundra tires look as if they add quite a bit of weight and drag.
Flying that thing is probably like hanging on a rope. :-)

gajit
September 7th, 2009, 14:50
Really looking forward to this one. I also love the VC work your doing :ernae:

fliger747
September 7th, 2009, 19:11
Indeed all cubs end up different... Mike did a bang up job getting mine right (Charlie). BTW Mike, it IS 8 screws....

Cheers: t.

mike_cyul
September 7th, 2009, 19:45
Thanks, Tom - 8 it is. :)

(We're referring to the number of screws holding down the inspection/compartment top panels on Tom's floats - the last things needing to be done there.)

Mike

spotlope
September 7th, 2009, 21:18
Suh-weet! I just plopped down for the A2A Cub, and this little baby will be a perfect stable mate for her. Very much looking forward to it.

(thanks for the plug, too. :kilroy:)

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 02:01
I am especially excited about a CUB Amphib! Bill Lyons did one for FS9 and I loved it!
Ted

fliger747
September 8th, 2009, 09:11
In FSX Amphibs make sense. In the real world somewhat less so due to the weight, expense and complexity. We have some advantages in the sim world! Sim gas is much cheaper!!

gajit
September 8th, 2009, 10:17
In FSX Amphibs make sense. In the real world somewhat less so due to the weight, expense and complexity. We have some advantages in the sim world! Sim gas is much cheaper!!

shsssss - Gordon Brown is bound to try to tax us on virtual fuel in the UK

BTW - just looked on the FR website and got to say those screenshots look great of the whole product.

gera
September 8th, 2009, 12:06

Mike

WOW!!!!WOW!!!!WOWWWWWW!!!!!...sorry for shouting guys but this baby rocks!!!! with all its dresses its just perfect for bush flying all over!!!!!!!! Mike really put some butter on this one, not just plain pop corn!!!!!!!......a good friend of mine, Shaun Lunt a great pilot and photographer loved this plane.

gajit
September 10th, 2009, 09:45
Hi Mike - sorry to ask but even though I am enjoying a certain Piper from another dev - i am really looking forward to this one. Any rough estimate as to when it will be released as this is a must for me :ernae:

mike_cyul
September 10th, 2009, 10:48
Glad you're enjoying A2A's J-3 - different philosophy, and lots of fun! :)

Super Cub is very close to being finished, but at the same time finding time to work on it is harder for the time being - and so, like so many addons, any release prediction is pretty tenuous. However, I'll stick my neck out and say that 4-6 weeks is a possibility. I won't use the word "Soon". :icon_lol:

Speaking of J-3's, there is a new small surprise coming (and it's free for present owners of the Flight Replicas J-3). Requests started coming after I announced the Super Cub project, and increased after the A2A release, and so I thought, why not? More news later....

Mike

gajit
September 10th, 2009, 10:55
Hi Mike - understood re timescale and that sounds very interesting re the J-3 :jump: