PDA

View Full Version : I suppose you are flying today!!

gera
September 7th, 2009, 08:58
Itīs labor day in the USA!!!, no work for you guys up north hu? so what are you doing...flying? or did you take the kids to the parade?....have a nice labor day and donīt get drunk! oK!!!...happy day Northerns!!!!:ernae::ernae:

Quicksand
September 7th, 2009, 09:08
Thanks, gera, but I gotta go back to work tonight... I am flying now, though, and that is what is important.. Cheers, my friend.:icon29:

Chacha
September 7th, 2009, 09:23
Itīs labor day in the USA!!!, no work for you guys up north hu? so what are you doing...flying? or did you take the kids to the parade?....have a nice labor day and donīt get drunk! oK!!!...happy day Northerns!!!!:ernae::ernae:

No work (!), Yes, offices are closed, holiday, Labor Day. But at home, I have to clean the house, do the laundry, iron the clothes, wash the dishes, cook breakfast, lunch and dinner! While doing that visiting SOH, paying the bills, checking kid homework, going to the park with the kid (to fly a kite), ride a bike, jog and have fun. Whew. :running: :running: :running:

I need the Operation Valkyrie - haven't touch that for a long time!

I rather be at work! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
September 7th, 2009, 09:53
Unfortunately I am retail management and usually work on holidays. Went in this morning and have to help with some special projects tonight. Can't complain, better than nothing. :ernae:

Bjoern
September 7th, 2009, 09:58
I wish it was labor day over here....got a night shift coming up. :/

bkeske
September 7th, 2009, 10:21
Flying my new Piper J-3 around Ohio. Enjoying every minute of it.....even though I should be catching up and getting some work done today....naaaaa....:icon_lol:

limjack
September 7th, 2009, 10:25
Ah yes, a day of rest....I flew a little this morning and now going out to lunch with the wife. I was supposed to travel to Salem, Or. (about a 4 hour trip) for a wedding but we got a old dog(15 years old) who has really slowed down in the past two weeks. So we canceled the wedding plans and staying close to home so he is comfortable. Yes, that does give me more opportuninty to fly a bit.

Jim

Navy Chief
September 7th, 2009, 11:31
Not flying yet, but will be. Made the mistake of driving for groceries. Seems like everyone else had the same idea. The older I get, the LESS I can handle traffic.

NC

Cactuskid
September 7th, 2009, 11:41
I just got home from flying the real deal this morning... My friend Dale and I took a Decathalon up this morning and we had a great time practicing loops and rolls... nothing violent, just mild stuff but lots of fun! We flew out to Marana and had breakfast at the coffee shop. There was a guy out there with his beautifully restored Stearman PT-17. Damn, I wish I had brought my camera! It looked brand new! I tried my hand at some barrel rolls on the way back and embarrassed myself. Aerobatics are pretty new to me and I have a lot to learn... :isadizzy:

I can't wait for next weekend. I'm going for my first sailplane ride! WooHoo!... :jump:

gera
September 7th, 2009, 11:48
happy to see youīll having fun!!!!!....even at work!!!!!...we have no rest days until November 3 so its a long treck yet...great weather for flying today here!!! its pourring right now, big thunderstorm all over, can you hear it???....

Boomer
September 7th, 2009, 11:48
Yep, I am spending the day getting acquainted with the A2A Cub. Fantastic aircraft!!!

kjb
September 7th, 2009, 15:36
I worked all weekend. Sometimes freelancing leads to an odd work schedule. I'll probably be off all next week :ernae:

glennc
September 7th, 2009, 16:29
I did a little flying today just check some things out. Then, Wife errands. Saturday was the Real flying day. It flight was only about 25nm each way, but there was a CAF Open Cockpit day at the other end. What could be better than flying to an aviation event?

Glenn

cheezyflier
September 7th, 2009, 19:02
day 3 of the airshow today. the one i didn't go to but wanted to.
i was in the park with the doggies and could hear the jest making low passes over the lake. it was not a happy time

deimos256
September 7th, 2009, 19:13
I flew my j-3 around FL for a little today, then did some yard work then went over to my girlfriends to run cable in her bedroom and buy a new door for her bedroom, im sure next weekend will be hanging that!

CG_1976
September 7th, 2009, 19:22
11c, lt rain all day. Ah typical Arctic fall. Flew the CS F18 in snowbird colors all over Canada learning its Geography and landmark and historical area's. Very FSX educational Day.

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 02:33
Took my sweet little wife to the movies and lunch. We flew all the A2A and Flight Replica aircraft for a while and then I set up our XBOX 360 for streaming movies off the Internet. A great day it was. Catch up on a honey-do list today and back to Austin tomorrow.
Ted